Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Not Sure What 350z model i have... Help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Mitch Conner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Really dude? If you could not find what you were looking for on google.. Then use the search function on here.. And did you actually buy the car yourself or was it bought for you. I would think if someone is spending that type of money on a car they would storage know what it is.. I can understand if you didn't actually purchase it yourself..

Everyone is telling you to search on here because your question has probably been answered a million times already and the answer is in a sticky thread called "100 most asked questions"

Here I'll go ahead and spoon feed you

Q:What's the difference between models

A:This question really depends on what you want to do with the car. If your building a track monster from the get-go, a Base or Enthusiast is probably the way to go. If your looking for a nice touring car that you don't have to do much too, the Touring or the 35th Anniversary Edition in 2005 might be best. Please note this guide only covers coupe options, not roadster.

Abbreviations

TCS - Traction Control System
VDC - Vehicle Dynamics Controller
VTC - Variable Timing Control
MT - Manual Transmission
AT - Automatic Transmission
VLSD - Viscous Limited-Slip Differential

Model Breakdown (2003-2004.5):

Base: 3.5L V6 with 287hp/274 ft-lbs of tq., 17" rims. Only available in 6-speed MT. No VLSD, cruise control.

Enthusiast: Added Cruise Control, HID headlights, Aluminum pedals, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, VLSD, and TCS. Available in either 6-speed MT or 5-speed AT.

Performance: Adds VDC , 18" rims (18"x8" all around). Only available with 6-speed MT.

Touring: Adds Leather seats w/ power adjust-ability, Bose sound system, and optional DVD Navigation. Available in either 6-speed MT or 5-speed AT.

Track: Adds 18" Rays Track Rims (18"x8" front, 18"x8.5" rear, approx. 18.3 lbs per rim), Brembo Big Brake Kit, underbody aero kit w/ rear hatch spoiler. Only available in 6-speed MT.

*Please note all automatic models Enthusiast up only had TCS, no VDC.

There were no major changes until the 2004.5 model, in which the suspension was changed slightly to help alleviate the "tire feathering" problem. I'm not sure the exact change, but there were some small changes in the suspension that seemed to help lessen the cases, though there were some still sporadically appearing.

Sounds like you have the touring edition

You should also be able to tell by the Vin# and title

So don't get mad at people telling you to search something when you don't PROPERLY search

One noob helping another.. Who wouldof thunk it'
Old 07-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Mitch Conner

Sorry OP- I got u confused with Btarb24.. Glad u know what u got

Btarb24- the whole reason threads are stickied is so the information is there for everyone to be informed without the forum being full of the same questions over and over again..
Old 07-04-2012, 11:20 AM
aznxdope

For some reason when I autocheck cars the classes are different.

Link: http://www.edmunds.com/inventory/use...=&invtype=USED

This car seems to be a 350z base (No TCS navi etc and cloth seats); however, it is listed in the autocheck as a "Class Touring"... My car is listed the same... Whats happening?!?

AutoCheck: http://www.edmunds.com/inventory/use...0#full-history
Old 07-04-2012, 05:05 PM
cgkp0925

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BTarb24
PS.. google search terms i used were: "2005 350z trim comparison" I then compiled the information from a handful of sites (mostly since i wasn't sure what was special about a 35th).

But really.. telling everyone to just "use the search" button is pretty lame. If we support the community and answer questions then it increases the knowledge base and provides more search hits for when people search. So in short.. stop being so damn lazy and just answer the question. If you don't know the answer then STFU and don't post.
How about people stop being so damn lazy and search for once, especially for the most common questions. People in this world need to start thinking for themselves. And no, we don't know the answer for sure because it's not our car. Hence, that person needs to do the research for them self.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Golfpro525

damn you sure put effort on your response. how much time did it take, hahahah and let me explain the situation with my car its a fkn salvage and its a 2005 with a 2003-2004 radio and navigation so how the fk am i suppose to know if every piece of interior and exterior is from the car or not. but thanks for the info and for calling me a noob.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

How about stopping for a second and taking advantage of the resources we have?

As the announcement at the top of the forum already says you can first check our Top 100 FAQ and you would have found this post

https://my350z.com/forum/2512021-post11.html
Old 07-05-2012, 04:20 AM
cgkp0925

Originally Posted by Golfpro525
damn you sure put effort on your response. how much time did it take, hahahah and let me explain the situation with my car its a fkn salvage and its a 2005 with a 2003-2004 radio and navigation so how the fk am i suppose to know if every piece of interior and exterior is from the car or not. but thanks for the info and for calling me a noob.
It didn't take any effort at all, and telling us that information from the beginning might have yielded different responses.

Tell your VIN# to a dealer. You'll be able to figure it out then...I hope.

Last edited by cgkp0925; 07-05-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:02 PM
oyealiz

Originally Posted by Spence
Hey Golfpro, I can help you out A LOT. I am new to this forum but not car forums. Almost any question you have can be answered by using the search button. If I'm having THAT much trouble finding what I'm looking for, then I have asked what thread it may be in and they have been more than willing to help point me in the right direction........but if you don't search and simply ask questions that have been beaten, then you will almost certainly be made fun of.
Which is ridiculous because in the length of time it takes them to make fun of someone, they could have been nice and answered the question.

Just saying.....

And I have no idea how to tell which model is which, either.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:56 AM
cgkp0925

Originally Posted by oyealiz
Which is ridiculous because in the length of time it takes them to make fun of someone, they could have been nice and answered the question.

Just saying.....

Hope you're joking...
Old 07-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Mitch Conner

Originally Posted by oyealiz

Just saying.....

Which is ridiculous because in the length of time it takes someone to create a thread, they could have actually searched and found the answer themselves.

See what I did there

I can understand asking certain questions that have been asked only a couple times but this has been answered a million times..

More than one person has answered the question already... The link to the answer (which is posted in this thread too) is right above where you go to make new threads and is right above this thread.. How do you not no the answer? Lol
Old 07-08-2012, 03:26 AM
cgkp0925

Originally Posted by Mitch Conner
Which is ridiculous because in the length of time it takes someone to create a thread, they could have actually searched and found the answer themselves.

See what I did there

I can understand asking certain questions that have been asked only a couple times but this has been answered a million times..

More than one person has answered the question already... The link to the answer (which is posted in this thread too) is right above where you go to make new threads and is right above this thread.. How do you not no the answer? Lol
THIS.

Mods, do new members still get a PM about looking at the Top Faqs, or something of the sort? I know I did.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:12 AM
richee3

I got that PM. I also spent a good bit of time lurking around the forums before signing up and was aware of the tire feathering and power window motors before I bought the car, as well as being very aware of the fact that I was looking at a touring model.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:30 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

noobs will be noobs
Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 AM
BongRipsORubber

Originally Posted by cgkp0925
Maybe this will help???

Funny as hell. I needz one