Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealing with haters

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 02:05 PM
pbgrep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealing with haters

So the very first day I drove my Z to work, I travel between grocery stores by the way, I park about half way to the back of the parking lot and one space away from a mulch bed and a little over the line so no one can park next to me... I walk out of the store and of course there is one car in my row parked between my car and the mulch bed so close that I couldnt open the car door, oh and not one other car in the parking lot between me and the store... just wondering if other people deal with a-holes like this on a regular basis?

I wanted to do somethin to their car, but when i saw it i cussed out loud and a few people were lookin at me so i thought it best not to end up paying to fix their car after i burnt it to the ground
Old 07-19-2012, 02:10 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you took up two parking spaces then you deserved it.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:11 PM
skeetzee

I hate when this happens to me at school i normally open the windows with key fob release e-brake throw it in neutral and roll it out.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:16 PM
pbgrep

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
If you took up two parking spaces then you deserved it.
I hate people who do this as well, but its why I make sure to park wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in the back so theres no reason to park next me. If i was in the first, second, etc parking space double parking then i have it coming to me, but I take a flipping hike to walk from the back of the parking lot for a reason.... so Im not that jack@ss
Old 07-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's what happens to people who act like they own a $60k car when really its a sub $20k car.

Just look at your typical Chrysler 300 owner.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

This happens to me all the time. I park literally at the back of a parking lot and someone always parks next to me. I don't take two parking stalls though.

One time I was at the end of a parking lot (no cars anywhere near me) and some guy in a shitted out mini van parked right beside me. I have limo tint so he didn't see me in the car. He just swings his door open and bumps my mirror. I got out of the car and walked around to see if there was any damage. None. I politely mentioned he watch how he swings his doors and asked if he would have even left a note if there was damage. He actually apologized and offered his number just in case.

I was lucky, but there are some real characters in this world...
Old 07-19-2012, 02:47 PM
pbgrep

I guess I should park more like this
Old 07-19-2012, 02:50 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

widebody....

i always get an extra 3 inches on each side than the rest of you lol.

On the other hand...
TRY having a flat black car...when parked in a dark parking lot..club parking lot etc.. I imagine my time will be coming when someone just pulls fully into the parking spot my car is actually occupying.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:47 PM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I note that the OP is new to the club.Prolly a new Z owner.
Saying that,I guess most new owners of any car...especially a Z,are
paranoid about where they park,idiots on the road etc.This mellows after
time and you get less **** and more pragmatic on where you park.
Right now,you want to fight anyone thats violating your space.
Don't take up two parking spaces.You are asking for trouble.Plus you look
like a bigger jerl than the I-DON'T-CARES that park close to you.
"do something to their car",thats called redneck in this area.Comon...
Chill out.

Last edited by JCITY; 07-19-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:48 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

yup.. the world is full of idiots..
ul ruin and waste your life trying to teach everyone of them that they are.
Control what you can, the rest is just life.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:52 PM
pbgrep

Originally Posted by JCITY
I note that the OP is new to the club.Prolly a new Z owner.
Saying that,I guess most new owners of any car...especially a Z,are
paranoid about where they park,idiots on the road etc.This mellows after
time and you get less **** and more pragmatic on where you park.
Right now,you want to fight anyone thats violating your space.
Don't take up two parking spaces.You are asking for trouble.Plus you look
like a bigger jerl than the I-DON'T-CARES that park close to you.
Chill out.
I hear ya, but i still park a mile away with my truck i bought in 2006, its not about being a jerk, but i go from parking lot to parking lot everyday for work and Ive seen too many morons slamming car doors into other cars or my personal favorite, hitting my car with a shopping cart and denting my truck and then proceeding to speed off... I wish i had a pic... i didnt take 2 full spots, i parked just slightly over the white line to dis-suade anyone from parking there, I guess people are picturing me taking 4 full spots
Old 07-19-2012, 04:21 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Option 1:
Sounds like the guy saw that you were already parked way out, all by yourself and still decided to park over the line. He probably made a quick assumption that you're a douche and decided "I'll show this guy".

Option 2:
The guy liked your car and wanted to check it out. He didn't want to park improperly, so he pulled into the parking space correctly, even though it put him fairly close to your car.

Either way, you come out and see a guy parked properly beside you and assume that it's option 1 and that the guy is a douche, plan to damage his car until you realize that there are witnesses, etc.

I have to admit, I'm really not "on your side" in this situation. IMO, there is no need to park over the line in that situation. Did the guy do something and get a chuckle out of it? Yeah… and I would have probably done the exact same thing if I was in my beater truck - just to get a laugh out of it.

You do realize that if you had parked properly you wouldn't have had an issue getting in your car or having someone close, right?

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 07-19-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:11 PM
mattleegee

Old 07-19-2012, 05:54 PM
louballs

I think if you park far away, BUT just stay in one space people wouldn't WANT to park really close to you. I always laughed when i saw hooked up civics parked this way, sometimes these A-holes would park sideways. I always wanted to put a brick through a window with a note that read "this wouldnt have happened if you parked like a normal person". I can understand not wanting to have your car dinged etc. I work in insurance and parking lot hit and runs are wayyy too common. But if you are so far away and park normal people probably wont want to be a dick to you.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Arvin89

The way i see it. Given that the lot is empty, and given that you're parking at the end. You're better off by parking properly. That way you still have low risk of someone parking beside you, and lower risk of an ******* trying to mess with you.

Think about it.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:34 PM
User 42426

ive had my z for over 4 years, and i still park all the way in the back where no other cars are till this day. I don't mind the exercise. However, I never take up two spaces, what a dick move. Don't you think other people might want to park their cars all the way in the back? Its not just z owners who do this, even people with shitty cars might want to park all the way in the back. Taking up two spaces just draws attention. Its like telling someone "don't do it", and they want to do it. if you take up two spaces, some a holes will purposely park next to you just for that
Old 07-19-2012, 10:58 PM
dkang

build a levitating device so when you park your car it will hover over the spot. take 2 or 3 spots if you want. this will definitely be the way to deal with haters.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:14 PM
deezz

Honestly, if that would have happened to me, I probably would have kicked the **** out of the other car.

If you are parked away from everyone else, who cares if you take up a couple of spaces. On top of being an idiot, they parked so close you couldn't open your door....FUuuck 'em.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:06 AM
zach711f

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If u parked over the line u deserve it. If the park to close to you so u can't get in when u park properly cary some zip ties with you. Tie them around there axles. That way when tey drive away they slap around making noise as they drive.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:52 AM
cgkp0925

I have a buddy who let air out of one of the tires of someone who parked too close.

When you park far out where there's absolutely no one else, there's a reason someone does it. In our cases, we don't want careless damage done to our cars from careless people who don't think twice, and who obviously don't care about others' property.

All I ask for is a one-spot courtesy. That's it.

Quick Reply: Dealing with haters