Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealing with haters

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:41 PM
pbgrep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tazicon
Anyone that says taking up 2 spots is a douche move has their heads up their butts. Look, if I am in the far out back of the parking lot not near any other cars then it is not a douche move. I do it in all my cars (including my POS Jeep) because 1) I am not too lazy to walk to my destination 2) I am not hendering any lazy a** that needs to park right up close to the door of their destination. If I took 2 spaces up near the front like I see people do then I would be a douche.

The other night I parked my IPL, which is a 54k car out in the middle of no where and some *** had to park next to it. I was no where near the doors and in fact on the third level of a parking garage (only 2 cars up there) and not near the stairs or the elevator. The person that parked next to me was the douche, not me.

Even if someone only has a 20k car, it doesn't mean they love it any less than the guys with the lambo (probably more). At least they have pride in their car. You guys on this forum should respect that, I would think, and not talk crap about someone having pride in their car.

holy frick, so there are people in this world with common sense.. its nice to see
Old 07-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Douchenozzles that park over lines...

<-- As you can see from my avatar, I park in the center. I'm not a [complete] douchebag.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:16 AM
racerx300zx

While it depends on state and local laws, in my area parking improperly, (taking two spots) opens you up for liability. Someone backs into your car and you were improperly parked, guess who's paying for that? The douche who felt entitled to two spots. Unless you're parking at Lowes or Home Depot with a trailer park like you have some sense. You and your car are not a special snowflake that deserves something more. Or in OP's case your GF's car is not a special snowflake.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:20 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pbgrep
holy frick, so there are people in this world with common sense.. its nice to see
Nope, he's just clueless . How do you guys not see that parking your car that way opens you up for more liability? Like a previous poster said, if some one were to back into you it would be your fault because you were parked illegally. Also, like I've mentioned before, when you park that way you draw unwanted attention. That said unwanted attention brings punks out of the woodwork who want to do nothing more than fk with your car.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 07-31-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Nope, he's just clueless . How do you guys not see that parking your car that way opens you up for more liability? Like a previous poster said, if some one were to back into you it would be your fault because you were parked illegally. Also, like I've mentioned before, when you park that way you draw unwanted attention. That said unwanted attention brings punks out of the woodwork who want to do nothing more than fk with your car.

THIS is common sense!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:58 AM
tazicon

You guys are now really stretching.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:18 AM
DunZcon

if you parked in two spots no matter where you are you deseve to get a dent. Park correctly.

In fact whenever I see someone take of two parking spots, and I'm in my truck I shall vow to park super close to the driver door and maybe even leave an note. And call me a hater I dont care. Strach my truck I dont care, my friends and I beat the hell out of it anyway. And maybe then I will get a rhino lining paint job and run over your POS that you Looooove so much. Just do whatever everyone else does in their Z and park correctly and you will have less issues
Old 07-31-2012, 10:55 AM
crayola15

in all essence...you shouldn't take up two spaces. if you want to park away and make more room for yourself try parking next to the mulch instead of parking one space away which would give you more room and you know nobody would park on the mulch...i usually match my driver side to the other cars driver side and my passenger side to the another car's passenger side. i give plenty of room on my driver side so that if in any case, the driver has the chance to pull out before their passenger can get in. but no matter what you do, things happen.

my few of my experiences.
parked on the street once and was waiting for someone in my car. there was enough space for a car in front of me (the little strip can fit two cars and possibly a smartcar, but definitely enough for two with room). someone in a crv pulls up and backs into the space but keeps going and bumps into my vehicle knowing very well that i was in the car. i shot out really quickly and the guys comes out too and says sorry, but i'm sure if i wasn't there he wouldn't care and probably would have backed up faster than he did and put a dent in my front bumper.

at the beach i give plenty of space to the car on my driver's side to get in and out easily as i parked next to a motorcycle and my passenger side was very close to the line. i still get my door dinged by their car and the lady that did it didn't even say anything. and it was a very hard ding for their paint to get on my car.

and of course its not just dingless, nice/expensive car owners who worry about their car. one time at work i went to park in a space. the person on my passenger's side had just parked and started walking to the building. i'm trying to back in to the space but the person literally stood there nearly blocking my way into the space watching my park. their car had rusts along the bottom and had large dents in the back and front.

everybody worries about their car no matter how messed up. just park correctly and you should be fine
Old 08-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

If you took up two parking spaces then you deserved it.
Umm, no he didn't deserve it and sometimes I park at the end and right at the line as too not have anyone park beside me and ding my doors. Because guess what Pal, I've had it done before and will not deal with it this time around in my NIsmo!!! No sir. And honestly, it's a empty large parking lot. I don't see the problem with someone parking over the line to protect their car. I've had to deal with 2 door dings and it's a pointless money consuming hassel. Naw, I rather look like a jerk and have people get their panties in a wad over my parking which is at the end of the lot near nobody, than to have to spend $500 at the local Crown Body Shop having to pull out and repaint my door panel.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 08-02-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:13 AM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

couldnt have said it any better.

look at me! my car is so fuking special i need more than 1 spot!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:25 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
Umm, no he didn't deserve it and sometimes I park at the end and right at the line as too not have anyone park beside me and ding my doors. Because guess what Pal, I've had it done before and will not deal with it this time around in my NIsmo!!! No sir. And honestly, it's a empty large parking lot. I don't see the problem with someone parking over the line to protect their car. I've had to deal with 2 door dings and it's a pointless money consuming hassel. Naw, I rather look like a jerk and have people get their panties in a wad over my parking which is at the end of the lot near nobody, than to have to spend $500 at the local Crown Body Shop having to pull out and repaint my door panel.
If you have gotten two dings then you are not a good at parking your car safely. I have owned many cars and not one of them has EVER been dinged. The reason for that is, I won't park where I see a potential hazard. For instance, the other night I went out with my wife to a restaurant and the parking lot was full (what I mean by full is, there were no end/curb parking spaces). My wife looked at me and automatically knew we would not be dining at that establishment because of my OCD towards potential car dings. On another occasion we went to a restaurant that had tiny parking spaces. Well, my wife really wanted to eat there so I decided to drop her off and park about 1/4 mile away in a different lot just to be safe.

You can avoid dings without looking like a douche. You just have to be smart about it.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 08-02-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

If you have gotten two dings then you are not a good at parking your car safely. I have owned many cars and not one of them has EVER been dinged. The reason for that is, I won't park where I see a potential hazard. For instance, the other night I went out with my wife to a restaurant and the parking lot was full (what I mean by full is, there were no end/curb parking spaces). My wife looked at me and automatically knew we would not be dining at that establishment because of my OCD towards potential car dings. On another occasion we went to a restaurant that had tiny parking spaces. Well, my wife really wanted to eat there so I decided to drop her off and park about 1/4 mile away in a different lot just to be safe.

You can avoid dings without looking like a douche. You just have to be smart about it.
Just parked in a normal spot. I think I was at the dentist. Not a big parking lot. The space beside me was empty. Doesn't seem all that hazardous. Normally what I do it look for the "end" spot and park as far over to the curb as I can. This time I parked at the end spot but in the middle of the spot. Came at an hour later and a car is parked beside me with 2 nice chipped dings. I didn't feel like going in and starting a big scene. Just dealt with it.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:02 PM
scutfargas