Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Things I dont like about Z.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 01:58 PM
philoso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things I dont like about Z.

Since I have about 1300 mile on it... I can say the following things are really bothering me.

1) Digi speedo says I'm moving at 110 mph.. and yet the analog says im ONLY moving at 107. I'm gettting robbed 3 mph somewhere.

2) When I come back from shopping at the shopping mall, I see a bunch of nose oil, hand marks, face marks, who knows what else, imprinted on my winshield, hood, trunk window, door. "I've just washed my car YESTERDAY!!!" Having a black Z has disavantages. Dont know about you guys, but I hate washing someone elses nose oil.

3) I though your car is your own little private space. I've found out.... that you can't no longer pick your own damn nose at your leisure. Everyone is looking at you. You have to act as though this kinda stuff happend all your life and things like this is a total norm in your life.

4) People keep asking if this is a $60000 dollar car. I'm tempted to say things like "no...its 70 grand and I only make 200 grand a year..." but instead I say "no. its $50000, and I only make $150000 a year." and accelerate (a.k.a run) away really fast... feeling good knowing that I look like "only make $150000 a year"

5) Can't go drive through anymore. These high school kids keep asking me if this is "350ZX" or "New 300Z" or "New Porsche". Soon after that, about 10 zit faces show up in 2x3 drive through window. Again, I have to act as though this totally normal thing for me.

6) My girl friend now "claims" the car as hers. And I have no veto power even though i'm the one who pays for the car. It goes something like...
philoso: I'm gonna go wash my car.
gf: EXCUSE ME?
gf: YOUR WHAT??
philoso: I'm gonna wash my..... .... your car..
gf: you go and wash my car.
philoso: Thank you.

NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO IS GETTING 350Z.... Beware of these down falls. Becareful what you ask for... PLEASE!!!

NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE YOUR 350Z...... I FEEL YOU MAN!!!!

Last edited by philoso; 09-11-2002 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:01 PM
VaGentleman

Look..try this..you haven't received your Z yet! How much I would enjoy just being able to post one observation..Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 09-11-2002, 02:03 PM
Flyingscot

LOL!

I can't wait to have all the same problems
Old 09-11-2002, 02:10 PM
HouZton

I'm with VA Gentleman and Flying Scot...Wish I had my car.

Oh well, in a little over a month I will feel your pain.

Greg
Old 09-11-2002, 02:12 PM
LowFuel

My biggest complaint is that I get this really loud, annoying "chirp" from the rear tires when hammering on the gas after shifting from 2nd to 3rd.... man that is frustrating.

Old 09-11-2002, 02:14 PM
S2kPower

You forgot to mention you dont have a drop top like the boxster or S2k.
Also you forgot to mention 350Z is very very fat and heavy. Almost heavy as mustang GT and heavier than Corvettes (V8)

350Z is a sweet car though.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:34 PM
SandMan

Originally posted by S2kPower
Also you forgot to mention 350Z is very very fat and heavy. Almost heavy as mustang GT and heavier than Corvettes (V8)

02 Susuka Blue S2000 (Yes, mine's a vert and your Z isn't )
You sure you own that S2000? Its called Suzuka Blue.
Just teasin'. I drive a S2000 on the weekends, yes it's Suzuka Blue. Great color, plus a great car. Very fun to drive. But you when the top is down everything is great. Don't like driving top up too much though. It's noisy and full of blindspots. But nonetheless a great car.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:37 PM
philoso

Also you forgot to mention 350Z is very very fat and heavy. Almost heavy as mustang GT and heavier than Corvettes

hmmm... I guess you are right.
But if I wanted "vert", "light",... assume "fast" and "stylish", then I'll probably got cbr954rr, Not 350z nor S2k.

S2K is a sweet car though.

Loud "chirp"??? from 2nd to 3rd???? could it be... Torque????
Old 09-11-2002, 02:50 PM
dvlad

hahahhahaha..LMFAO philoso.

I have experienced the samething. (except for the devil of a GF )

About the speedo.....which one is the most accurate? I have read in Road & Track or Car & Driver the speedo error is built in. So, is it built in to both??

dan
Old 09-11-2002, 02:52 PM
Killermove

Default Re: Things I dont like about Z.

Originally posted by philoso
6) My girl friend now "claims" the car as hers. And I have no veto power even though i'm the one who pays for the car. It goes something like...
gf: EXCUSE ME?
gf: YOUR WHAT??
philoso: I'm gonna wash my..... .... your car..
gf: you go and wash my car.
philoso: Thank you.
[/B]
Has you GF been talking to my wife??? My wife does the SAME thing -- and I don't have mine yet!!! She says, "you just get to chauffeur me around in MY car!" (she doesn't drive a manul transmission real well).

Ryan
Old 09-11-2002, 02:55 PM
Brad4rdHay

Digital is correct.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:57 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Default Re: Things I dont like about Z.

Originally posted by philoso
Since I have about 1300 mile on it... I can say the following things are really bothering me.

1) Digi speedo says I'm moving at 110 mph.. and yet the analog says im ONLY moving at 107. I'm gettting robbed 3 mph somewhere.
Federal law will not permit a manufacturer's speedo to be UNDER the actual speed. The can be heavy with the reported speed, but never light. BMW is notorious for having the biggest Pinochio-noses when it comes to speedos. Theirs typically report 130 when you're doing about 110. Nissan's are among the most accurate (as are GM's amazingly enough).

Not sure what your "digi" speedo is, but you might want to check your car against a GPS. Law wouldn't permit the analog speedo to report 110 if you were really doing 107.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:11 PM
LA-Z

PLEASE I beg of you, S2K owners, Honda trolls, people who sit around waiting for people to post to then talk about how great their cars are against a car they never drove GO AWAY! PLEASE!

You forgot to mention you dont have a drop top like the boxster or S2k. Also you forgot to mention 350Z is very very fat and heavy. Almost heavy as mustang GT and heavier than Corvettes (V8)
If I wanted a convert. I would've gotten one, I actually Don't LIKE THEM. Very very fat? What the hell does that even mean, are you being redundant on it's weight? Are you saying it's too wide? Do you actually know what you are talking about? It's lighter then the 300ZX TT. 3,188lbs, that is how much Base Z weighs, GUESS WHAT, LESS THEN THE NEW 911 CARRERA @ 3215 Lbs. and the Vette is at 3120lbs, a whole 60lbs Lighter. I really promised I wouldn't get goaded into refuting useless facts from lame people but good god, you can't even post here with out the S2K crowd jumping up and down taking even the TINEST digs they can at this car. Please, get a life, I'm sure you have boards of your own. Do we go onto the S2K board and say, HEY you have no TORQUE! You get a 0-60 time of 9.3 seconds if you shift before 6K RPM, slower then the new bug, Hey your car is sufficating if you have to drive with the top up. No, we don't, even though dem are the facts. Stick to your own boards, and please, good god, go away like you will when I burn you in a race.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:13 PM
Brad4rdHay

The analog is required to be a little over the actual speed so you SLOW DOWN. Also, liability reasons, so you can't say "but my speedo said I was going slower officer."
Old 09-11-2002, 03:38 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by LA-Z
PLEASE I beg of you, S2K owners, Honda trolls, people who sit around waiting for people to post to then talk about how great their cars are against a car they never drove GO AWAY! PLEASE!

If I wanted a convert. I would've gotten one, I actually Don't LIKE THEM. Very very fat? What the hell does that even mean, are you being redundant on it's weight? Are you saying it's too wide? Do you actually know what you are talking about? It's lighter then the 300ZX TT. 3,188lbs, that is how much Base Z weighs, GUESS WHAT, LESS THEN THE NEW 911 CARRERA @ 3215 Lbs. and the Vette is at 3120lbs, a whole 60lbs Lighter. I really promised I wouldn't get goaded into refuting useless facts from lame people but good god, you can't even post here with out the S2K crowd jumping up and down taking even the TINEST digs they can at this car. Please, get a life, I'm sure you have boards of your own. Do we go onto the S2K board and say, HEY you have no TORQUE! You get a 0-60 time of 9.3 seconds if you shift before 6K RPM, slower then the new bug, Hey your car is sufficating if you have to drive with the top up. No, we don't, even though dem are the facts. Stick to your own boards, and please, good god, go away like you will when I burn you in a race.
s2kpower is a troll. Look at his post in:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=5592
Old 09-11-2002, 03:38 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

philoso, U B Sick

When I saw the title, was curious as to what new bitches someone found, as I'm tired of reading these negative posts.....

Very glad your perspective is RIGHT

Sad to hear I won't be able to pick my nose in my Z

As to the trolls, F&%k Off.

Damn, I wish I had philoso's problems..........7ish more LONG weeks.........
Old 09-11-2002, 03:53 PM
mdouvris

Default honda...

Can't wait to pass that up like it aint there!!!! I know he wants a Z...

s2k is a nice car though...
Old 09-11-2002, 04:06 PM
Boomer

Default Things I hate

1. Its not a roadster;but roadsters leak when it rains and you can't see **** out the back window, even if its glass;

2. Its too heavy and fat; but if it wasn't robust and have a spacious cockpit, you couldn't get your lardass in it;

3. Its too flashy and could be a cop magnet; but if it weren't flashy, you wouldn't have all the attention from everyone and you couldn't tell the same old, boring story about how you had to wait months to have it built and delivered;

4. Its ride is too stiff and uncomfortable on bad roads; but if the ride wasn't stiff, then you couldn't drive it like a bat out of hell and every ounce of flab on your body wouldn't hurt and make you vow to lose 50 lbs in 6 months thereby extending your lifespan by 10-15 years; and

5. Its too good-looking and everyone wants one and there may 1000s and 1000s on the road and you'll just be one of the mooing herd; but if its a big success, Nissan will build even better and more powerful cars for us to spend our money on and we can repeat the "NEW, WOW" experience again, what a bore.

Well I guess that's about all the things I dislike about the Z. I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now.

Boomer

True story, my wife and I were in a cell phone store yesterday and I'd parked the Z close to the door in a small lot and I saw a woman driving a new Lincoln actually back out of one of the parking spaces next to the Z to not get too close to it. Then a teenager with his mother parked beside it and he almost bent himself into a pretzel to keep from letting his car door touch the Z. What a hoot! Good kid, though.

Segue into new topic: my wife told me the frost interior doors and other surfaces in the cockpit resemble 18th and 19th century sharkskin which was used as a highly decorative covering on rare boxes, as bags to carry fine instruments, medical and otherwise. It makes me wonder what the hell some of the car mag reviewers were basing their "cheap vinyl" remarks on.

I took delivery of the car Friday, drove it for 68 miles and parked it until today because of rain and sellout football game traffic. My wife had about two hours in the car today and was telling me how impressive the interior was for the money we paid for it. I am also discovering more and more about the interior and its characteristics which are usually found in much more expensive cars. Maybe the Z isn't perfect, but I am getting my money's worth, Big Time!!
Old 09-11-2002, 04:07 PM
rai

Originally posted by S2kPower

what a troll

This was a nice post but because S2k boy knows that the hondas time in the sun has faded he's all like "what about me? people think I drive a $50K car too mommy those boys are picking on me"
Old 09-11-2002, 04:36 PM
InternetABYSS

My biggest complaint is having more experiences (wink) with several woman and their naked bodies laying all over my car. Grrrrr... life is rough in 350z land.

I cant post pics here but i'll send it.

Quick Reply: Things I dont like about Z.