all_bark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks zland!
Old 01-10-2004, 10:20 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I just want to make sure that those of you that own a G35 are more than welcome to come out and track your car. Variety is the spice of lifeand hopefully we will get those guys that have 911's, BMW's, and S2000's out there too.

Jeff - zland

Last edited by zland; 01-12-2004 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:00 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Everyone, do me a favor please.When you register, please post on this thread that you did so. The problem being is people register under their real name and then use their screen name here.

Here is the simple solution:

Please put in parentheses your screen name when you register your next to your real name. This will help us from getting confused on who you are.

thanks, Jeff - zland

Last edited by zland; 01-12-2004 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Setter32

Default can't wait

I'm still waitin for my Z to get off the boat. But reading the track day posts, makes me even more anxious. Damn it to hell!!!

I've been doin track days on my bike, and am really lookin forward to learnin how to do it in a car.

Hope to be drivin with you guys and gals soon.

This waitin is drivin me crazy.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:39 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

1. when is your estimated date to get your Z?

2. If you dont get it in time, you are more than welcome to come out and do some ride alongs. You got a seat in my Z anytime you want it.

Jeff - zland
Old 01-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Setter32

Cool. Thanks for the invite.

I checked today. Still no exact date, but they said it's on a boat, it has a vin#, and it (or she) should arrive in about 10 days.

Waiting sucks.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:32 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Setter32:

You should be getting your Z within the next 2 weks if it is on the boat. What exactly are you getting?

I want to make a suggestion. Contact Carlos via e-mail at southwest@ serca.org Tell him you want to register and tell him the situation. Ask him if you can write a check and have him hold it until your car comes and then he can cash it. that way, you have a reserved spot for the track. I dont know if he will do it but i hope he will.

Dont worry about your Z being stock. It will handle the track very well as it is stock.

Jeff - zland
Old 01-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Setter32

I'm getting the enthusiast 6 speed coupe, silverstone.

If the mechanics at the track with a car, is similar to that with a bike, then I think it's best I get use to her ways before I start driving her hard. I'll get to know her, on the Ortega, then I can start thinkin about taking her to the track.

I've just switched over from my SV650 to a 600RR (bikes), and this was 6 months ago. I'm still trying to get use to the RR before I get her on the track. I'm......pretty paranoid.

Old 01-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Setter32

I know this is off-subject, but zland......or anyone else........if you can take a look at my post in the security section (Security Recommendations?). I'm trying to decide what's the best way to go in that aspect. Would appreciate your help. Like I said, I'm paranoid.

Thanks.

Old 01-12-2004, 04:37 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Setter32
I know this is off-subject, but zland......or anyone else........if you can take a look at my post in the security section (Security Recommendations?). I'm trying to decide what's the best way to go in that aspect. Would appreciate your help. Like I said, I'm paranoid.

Thanks.

Check out the security thread you posted in, I gave you an answer there.

Jeff - zland
Old 01-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by zland
TRACK DAY REGISTRATION STATUS for STREETS - 3/5/04
NAME Paid in Full Reg. Online Car Group
1. Carlos Gutierrez YES YES B13 SE-R 3

2. Greg Vogel YES YES Mossy –Z- 3

3. Jeff Wisener YES YES -Z- 2

4. Jeff Hess YES -Z- 1

5. Martin Gonzales YES B13 SE-R 3

6. Jason Mendelson YES -Z- 1

7. Edwin Reeser YES G35 C 1

8. Jae Vyn Gan YES YES -Z- 1

9. All_Bark YES -Z- 2

10. Shaun Walsh YES -Z- 1

11. Brian Alexander YES -Z- 1

12. James Park YES YES -Z- 1-2
As per our prior conversation and the request of Carlos, please remove Jason(6) and I(4) from the list above.... Thanks

Last edited by Jeff@Performance; 01-12-2004 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:10 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Sorry for the oversight Jeff. I removed your names. Too bad you guys are not going to be there. We both understand the situation and I am happy we are all good about it. As always, it is a pleasure talking with you and working together. Let me know when you are tracking your cars next time. I will run too. By then, your car will be putting out some sick hp!

Last edited by zland; 01-12-2004 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:37 PM
hfm

We both understand the situation and I am happy we are all good about it.
Jeff

I was considering going to this event. Expecting Jeff and Jason with Performance to attend, I brought this up in idle chat last night at our get together. Well, interestingly enough, I find out Jeff is not going. I pry out why he's not going.

My first impression, disbelief. Rather than posting a detailed explanation as to why he is not attending, he merely withdrew from the event. No finger pointing. No statement that could impact another dealership. No declaration of unfairness. Jeff is being a class act in how he has handled the matter.

What do you think about the situation? Let me quote your prior thoughts:

"I am hoping the Z clubs, Nissan dealers that are leaders like Performnace and Mossy as well as SportZ magazine will get even more involved."

"All cars & driver experiences welcome!"

I don't know what Carlos Gutierrez and his SE-R club's affiliation is with Mossy. I do know that of the Nissan dealerships on this forum, Performance is the one that a large number of 350z owners trust and go to for service and parts.

Unlike Jeff, I don't have to be a class act. I think black-balling Performance Nissan by the SE-R club and Mossy Nissan is ********. I'm posting this because 350z owners that attend this event should know what's happening here. This is not just a track day, it is also an exclusive marketing effort.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:57 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Jeff and Jason- If you guys want to make the trek up north, ClubZ.org is holding a track day on March 8th at Thunderhill. This event is open to all and we'd love to have you guys out. See my post in the NorCal Forum or PM me for details. Sorry to momentarily hijack the thread- just want to give the Performance guys an option in case they were looking forward to tracking their cars and still wanted to do so.

Last edited by failsafe; 01-13-2004 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:26 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Reg update for SOW 3/5 As of today

I omittted full last names to protect privacy....

NAME Paid in Full Reg. Online Car Group

1. Carlos G YES YES B13 SE-R 3

2. Greg Vl YES YES Mossy –Z- 3

3. Jeff W YES YES -Z- 2

4. Martin G YES B13 SE-R 3

5. Edwin R YES G35 C 1

6. Jae V G YES YES -Z- 1

7. Joe YES -Z- 2

8. Shaun W YES -Z- 1

9. Brian A YES YES -Z- 1

10. James P YES YES -Z- 1-2

11. Shannon F YES YES SE-R Cup 3

12. Naji D YES YES SE-R Cup 3

13. Emeka O YES YES -Z- 1

14. Clay M YES B13 SE-R 2

15. Paul H YES -Z- 1

CAG

Last edited by zland; 01-13-2004 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:24 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I think it would be great if we got all the forums, Z clubs, major venders/sponsors, magazines such as sportZ mag., and got a track schedule going where everyone works together to form, and promote these events. Heck, maybe even Nissan would like to sponsor them? Maybe I am dreaming but it seems like a win-win situation to me.

Anyone have feedback?

Oh, yeah remember, March 5th, Willow Springs for those wanting and willing...

Jeff - zland
Old 01-16-2004, 03:43 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I think it would be great if we got all the forums, Z clubs, major venders/sponsors, magazines such as sportZ mag., and got a track schedule going where everyone works together to form, and promote these events. Heck, maybe even Nissan would like to sponsor them? Maybe I am dreaming but it seems like a win-win situation to me.

Anyone have feedback?

Oh, yeah remember, March 5th, Willow Springs for those wanting and willing...

Jeff - zland
Jeff, Mossy Nissan is an advertiser with us and the timing to add a banner ad (gratis) is not good. The Spring 2004 issue goes out in the mail about a week before the event and a goodly portion of our readers will receive their issue after the event is concluded.

Bummer!

Dave Bexfield is contacting Mossy Nissan to see if they would like us to promote the event on our Home Page.

Bob
Old 01-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Track Days

Zland:

I think it would be a very good idea to get a group of the Z and G car folks together who would like, perhaps, to make several outings a year, say quarterly.

Each outing would be to a different track in the region, say two up north and two down south, to fairly address the transport issue.

Sears Point, Laguna Seca, Willow Springs (big track if we can)....you pick the fourth, or perhaps others. If we could get a satisfactory critical mass we could reserve the tracks, probably Fridays given the large pricing difference.

We might also consider integrating a driving course component at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels, depending on interest level.

With some sponsorships of even modest level this could take off very nicely, like some of the other marques (Porshe comes to mind rather quickly).

The most important part would be improving driver skills, but we could also use the events to check out mods etc. of other cars.

This would not be racing, just learning what your car, and you can (and cannot do) in a spirit of fun and self improvement. I would love to get a chance to keep getting better, and to do it in the context of visiting some of the great tracks that are available to us in this part of the country. Just my two cents worth.

If you want to start a sign up sheet...put me on it!
Old 01-16-2004, 05:33 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Eagle 1:

Maybe I will ask some of the potiential sponsors to see how they feel an if there is possible sponsor support, then we could do some extensive forum feedback or do you think I should drum up forum support first and then go to sponsors after showing the need for Z owners to have this availible?

Jeff
Old 01-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eagle 1:

Maybe I will ask some of the potiential sponsors to see how they feel an if there is possible sponsor support, then we could do some extensive forum feedback or do you think I should drum up forum support first and then go to sponsors after showing the need for Z owners to have this availible?

Jeff
Jeff:
I will send you a PM on this, and let the rest of the gang out there throw in their thoughts on the board.

Quick Reply: Register now for the Mossy Performance 350-Z- Track Day