2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Register now for the Mossy Performance 350-Z- Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 10:23 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is the other Skyline in the background with my Z in the forground.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:26 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Mike humbled me with his driving skills and his SER. Any of you guys that dont take these SER's serious have not run against them on the track. Mike, nice to meet you and to be able to run some of the same lines as you once I waved you pass me.

Jeff - zland
Old 03-06-2004, 10:30 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Cheston:

Nice to finally meet you in person. Here is a pic of your car.

I guess we ran out of time for me to get a ride in your Z. The guy with the roadster told me you were going home to get him a rim. He looked a little bummed out but I asked him if he needed anything before I left and he said he was fine.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:31 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Here is a pic of the rag top that suffered a bent wheel. This is the first Stillen I have seen on a roadster.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:36 AM
jimster716

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by zland
jimster716:

Great pic! Wow, does your friend have anymore of other cars running? BTW, nice to get the chance to talk again.

Jeff - zland
Yes he does...he took like 200 photos on his brand new Nikon Pro digital SLR ($3k camera). Unfortunately, each image is like 3-4 megs in raw format so he is going through them while he is also encoding and formatting the video. We'll have it up in a gallery soon.

Yeah it was nice chatting with you. Can't wait for the next event. Nice Job on getting this thing going.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:57 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by jimster716
Yes he does...he took like 200 photos on his brand new Nikon Pro digital SLR ($3k camera). Unfortunately, each image is like 3-4 megs in raw format so he is going through them while he is also encoding and formatting the video. We'll have it up in a gallery soon.

Yeah it was nice chatting with you. Can't wait for the next event. Nice Job on getting this thing going.
If he has got one of me or of Art of SportZ mag.) running the Roadster, I would appreciate it is I could have a jpeg. Pm me if so, I will give you my e-mail if needed to send a large file.

BTW, I forgot to get a pic of Rob's ( I think that is his name, had the Z32 that was putting out major hp, 500-600hp & is an Engineer at Nissan). He have me a ride in his Z and all I can say is "wow, I liked it". We were doing 111 mph down the straight according to his digital measuring device but the speedo look closer to 115 when I glanced over. A stock 350Z does about 96-104 depending how long you stay on it. He was not fully into it the whole way from what i could see but it is understandable to let up at the end going that fast and going thru those quick turns. When you are riding along you feel more out of control than driving and have no place to grab onto thus my foot wanted to hit the brakes. If you like scary fast and to feel a little unruly, his Z does it for you.

Jeff

Last edited by zland; 03-06-2004 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:04 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Art, Assoc publisher of SportZ magazine came out to track a 350Z for the first time. Here is a pic of him doing a ride along at first with Phil who is an outstanding driver. Her is a pic of Art getting the real 350Z experience. He did pretty well tracking it too.

Art gave me one of the first copies of the Supercharger shoot out issue of SportZ magazine. I think he had a couple of copies of it and gave them out. Anyways, for those who subscribe, yours should be coming to you soon. They started mailing them out already. Give me feedback on what you think of the SC coverage since it is the first topic I have been involved in.

Now we just got to get some coverage on the TT's so I will be doing my best to get that going.

Jeff - zland

Last edited by zland; 03-06-2004 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:34 PM
rouxeny

The roadster ended up having a bent wheel? Must have happened after I left. I know he had the tire separate twice.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

the separation was due to the bent rim

i went home, got him my stock track wheel so it would clear his 6pot AP brake kit!! and it totally clearned the stock track rims. haha. we just about swapping it on before the sun light totally faded.

hopefully Michael got home ok. he had some ***** to track dubs.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:31 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I dont know about the rest of you but Michael's bent wheel ordeal reinforced to me that 20" wheels with that low of a profile are not a performance oriented set up. Cheston, it was nice of you to step up and take care of him.

Most of all, it was a pleasure for me to see 20-30 Z's out on the track all together. Too bad the S2000 did not show but i did enjoy seeing the M3, skylines, etc run with us. Did anyone do a final headcount on the amount of 350's on the track?

Jeff - zland
Old 03-06-2004, 10:10 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by jimster716
Here's a taste of my friend's photos. Me in front, stillen supercharged roadster in the back...too bad he had problems with the tire staying mounted with those dubs. My 18x9.5 +22 front and rear with 275/40/18 front and rear held up quite nicely.

Jim, I liked the pic you posted that your friend posted enough to make it my screen saver. I hope you post more pics, they are awesome.

Jeff - zland
Old 03-07-2004, 01:21 AM
jimster716

Originally posted by zland
Jim, I liked the pic you posted that your friend posted enough to make it my screen saver. I hope you post more pics, they are awesome.

Jeff - zland
hahaha...me too.

My friend is uploading the pics in raw format for me to edit (something like 750+ megs of images). I should have everything ready by later sunday. Do have pics of the R32 and also of the stock roadster. I think there should be pics of you too.

Check later...I will let you know.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:11 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Anyone know what happend to Shaun Walsh, he was suppose to be there on track day with his Greddy TT?

Jeff - zland
Old 03-07-2004, 08:50 AM
all_bark

what a great day! I had so much fun I just with that it was closer to san diego because we have a long way to go to get to that track.

It was great meeting everyone (and seeing a few people for the second or third time!)

Cheston your car is absolutely beautiful.

Zland, I agree, I was thinking about a second set of rims, in 20's but have now realized it is not a great performance idea! I would not have thought that at the beginning of the day. The supercharger was very nice and sounded great, I just found the hood a little too much for my tastes.

I am looking forward to the pictures later and then to july when the dvd comes out!!!!!! (I got interviewed )
Old 03-07-2004, 10:50 AM
nokidz

Thanks to zland and Carlos for pulling together a fun event. I have never seen so many Z cars in one place. Perfect weather, friendly people and 6 seconds off my previous lap times made for a great day. Where do I sign up for the next event!
Attached Thumbnails Register now for the Mossy Performance 350-Z- Track Day-me-60.jpg  
Old 03-07-2004, 11:32 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by nokidz
Thanks to zland and Carlos for pulling together a fun event. I have never seen so many Z cars in one place. Perfect weather, friendly people and 6 seconds off my previous lap times made for a great day. Where do I sign up for the next event!
Great question. All I can say for now is I am already working on some ideas. These things take a long time to plan out. Getting a track date seems to be a hassle.

Let me ask you guys what we could do to improve the next track day? Give me some feedback:

1. Would like to see food caterted there? If so, what quaility and price are you willing to pay?

2. An issue came up about amount of cars on the track. Should we put a limit on the amount of Beginners, intermediate, and advanced per group? If yes, just remember, the lower the number paying for the event, the more it cost per person. Maybe I should get exact numbers of what we had for each group this last time. The beginner group was the highest with 19 I think on the first run but that number got lower as the day progressed.

3. Would you like to see a combination car show/track day? I think the parking/entrance fee to get in was $10 right? Maybe some people just want to check out other Z's and not track? Wuld a group of people show up if the car show aspect was present?

4. What do you guys think of having vendors display items ie brakes, suspension etc? Is that really something worth considering or just to much work for little interest?

Thanks again for input ahead of time, especially those that attended the last event. With your input, hopefully we can make something alot of you enjoyed even better.

Jeff - zland

Last edited by zland; 03-07-2004 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:46 PM
VQ35DECivic

Digitalracer.com just had a track day for Streets on Mar 25, but I guess they just cancelled due to low interest. For sure, I'd love to go again! They do have an event scheduled in 2 weeks for the big track though...

Food catering seems like a great idea, as long as it's easily digestible food. No sense in having a huge chili burger and chili fries, only to have it end up in the footwell of your car as you try to negotiate the bowl turn. =) Anything <$10 and I'm down.

Cap it at 15 max per group. I was lucky to be bumped up into intermediate--it made a WORLD of difference.

Car show--no.
Vendors... only if they're willing to sponsor some of the track event to drop the entry fee a bit... =)
Old 03-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Dissident

First off, here are some pics my friend in the GTI took:

http://www.fototime.com/inv/D765866147EF153

Second; I was at first concerned with the number of cars. I started off in the beginning gorup, and bumped up to the intermediate. It felt much less crowded than I thought it would, and I was ok with the number of cars.

Third: I was really impressed in how well the car handled. I was on the stock tires (but with Nismo suspension), and had more grip than I expected. The brakes held up great, without much (if any) noticeable fade, and I was pushing pretty hard.

I will post up my own pics soon, as well as some teaser clips of the video we took using the www.chasecam.com cameras we were testing.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:28 PM
jimster716

Ok I have half of the pics that my friend took. They are in a gallery i created. Sorry but most of the pics are of me...but hey, he's my friend. :P

Gallery 1 of 2 Streets of Willow Springs March 5, 2004

If anyone wants a physical 8x10 high resolution photo print, my friend will make them available for a nominal fee for processing and printing. Just PM with the photo number. And no this isn't a business but photo processing ain't cheap.

I should have Gallery 2 up tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:40 PM
J Ritt

Thanks for the event guys...had a great time! This was my first time at Streets, and I really enjoyed it...lots of turns, good runoff room, nice variety to turns, some elevation changes. It took me a few laps to get the flow of it...once I did though, it had a really nice rhythm to it. I particularly liked that right left combo, and then into the bowl. The compression through that turn is so much fun. You can really carry a lot of speed in there and get on the gas hard early without worrying about going off.

Quick Reply: Register now for the Mossy Performance 350-Z- Track Day