Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Register now for the Mossy Performance 350-Z- Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Dissident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's another bullet cam I used facing backwards:

Got the wrong firewire cable, so no vids for tonight....
Attached Thumbnails Register now for the Mossy Performance 350-Z- Track Day-willow-and-fontana-021s.jpg  
Old 03-09-2004, 10:07 PM
No PRNDL

Default In-Car Video @ Streets (Lap = 95.57 sec)

Originally posted by rouxeny
Okay, I'm putting up some of my own pics now.

Sorry about the delay.

Here's an innovative camera mount.

Let's see some videos!

Here's my first ever attempt at posting video. This was my in-car video camera with the "Home Depot" PVC pipe mount (innovative may be excessively eupheministic). This was session #4. I ran intermediate group instead of advanced this session because I had to hit the road early. This was my best lap time at 95.57 secs. Real media format. Enjoy!

Link: http://members.***.net/noprndl/video/streets 3-5-04.rm

My car was the Daytona Blue "TRACK Z".
Old 03-10-2004, 09:35 AM
ZGuy

Video posted:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=64690

Enjoy!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:24 AM
morepower2

Originally posted by jeffery
Don't include me in the "everyone had a good time category." I spoke to Carlos on the phone before I signed up for the event, he said: "You better sign up now, we already have 41 drivers and we're going to cap it at 45. There is going to be three run groups with a maximum of 15 cars in each one."

I took a day off from work, paid for a room in Lancaster, $20 bucks to get both my vehicles in the gate (one with all my track crap that wouldn't fit in the Z), etc... just to have Carlos tell me "You'll be in the first group with 20 cars."

I expect an organizer to keep his word. I never received a confirmation that I was included in the event in advance, let alone a heads up that there was going to be more cars there than he had orginally stated. If I would have been informed of this in advance, I would have opted out. I just love my Z and I am very cautious with her and don't care to put her on that track with 19 other vehicles every third run.

I met some nice people (Roy with his Mini Cooper S in particular), saw some beautiful vehicles, but left extremely bitter.

jeff.

ps- seeing a Z spin out of control and off the track not even 2 laps after the first yellow flag had dropped reaffirmed my concerns for the safety of myself, others, and my car. More importantly, Carlos needs to keep his word and at least give people an opportunity back out if the format of the event is going to change. By the way, I received no thank you for signing up for the event so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I received no apology when I withdrew from it.
Bitter? You can't be serious! I understand your love for your car but you need to understand that hot lapping is a very safe way to get to understand your cars limits, way safer than "canyon running" and other idiotic things done on the street.

Although hot lapping is not without risk, that risk is easily controled by person driving, you simply drive within your limits and you'll be safe. Seriously a few extra cars doesnt make much differene in your safety. Foolw the rules, don't drive over your head, space your self appropriatly and you should be fine

With the way you feel about your car, please don't even bother signing up for any track event of any sorts again. We are talking about high performance driving, not going for a spin around the block and there is a remote posibllity that something like a scratch or rock chip could happen.

I know Carlos and I won't have you attmept to smear his name here. Carlos is an upright straight shooter. You chose not to particpate in the event, why should you demand for anything other than your money which was promptly refunded.

SERCA events are fun and safe. They have a very good safety and incident record. You chose to waste your money by not particpating. Live with your choice

Morepower
Old 03-10-2004, 01:06 PM
rouxeny

I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the level of safety. Passing, being passed, and generally running with other cars nearby was not any less safe than driving on the freeway. Most of the risks were easily controlled by the driver.

Carlos, I hope you found your black helmet that you lent me. I checked the table again and it was there.

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2004, 01:28 PM
jeffery

If you know Carlos, next time you talk to him tell him to keep his word, jerk. Hey, and thanks for the driving tips genius as I had just ran the Streets of Willow less than two weeks prior and was looking forward to doing it again. So save your canyon running bs for some other sap.

Did you even read my post? I spoke to Carlos personally over the phone. He told me "Three run groups of no more than 15 cars in each." I do not consider a 33% increase in the number of vehicles in my run group minor. If Carlos would have informed me of this in advance, I would have stayed home and saved myself a lot of time and money. But as I stated in my last post, Carlos not only failed to inform me of the change in format he didn't even bother sending me a confirmation notice that I was included. (I guess he figured taking my money was confirmation enough.)

By the way, the exact date that I ran was Feb. 17th. I believe Manly's forum name is MLK_f1 but I'm not sure. I don't know how to link to previous threads but if you look you'll see I was there. And unlike Carlos, Manly kept his word, no surprises.

I'm running again on the 17th so if u want to put up and shut up I'll see u there. Or if you and your good friend Carlos want to 'discuss' this in person just let me know.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:37 PM
morepower2

Originally posted by jeffery
If you know Carlos, next time you talk to him tell him to keep his word, jerk. Hey, and thanks for the driving tips genius as I had just ran the Streets of Willow less than two weeks prior and was looking forward to doing it again. So save your canyon running bs for some other sap.

Did you even read my post? I spoke to Carlos personally over the phone. He told me "Three run groups of no more than 15 cars in each." I do not consider a 33% increase in the number of vehicles in my run group minor. If Carlos would have informed me of this in advance, I would have stayed home and saved myself a lot of time and money. But as I stated in my last post, Carlos not only failed to inform me of the change in format he didn't even bother sending me a confirmation notice that I was included. (I guess he figured taking my money was confirmation enough.)

By the way, the exact date that I ran was Feb. 17th. I believe Manly's forum name is MLK_f1 but I'm not sure. I don't know how to link to previous threads but if you look you'll see I was there. And unlike Carlos, Manly kept his word, no surprises.

I'm running again on the 17th so if u want to put up and shut up I'll see u there. Or if you and your good friend Carlos want to 'discuss' this in person just let me know.
Put up or shut up what? What are you telling me to do? What is there to "put up"?

morepower
Old 03-10-2004, 02:39 PM
all_bark

and if you were there for the driver meeting you would have heard carlos appologize for not sending out confirmations. he said something came up that prevented him from doing it and it was the first time that has happened.

you are acting a little like a baby. I can understand being upset because there were more drivers in group one than originally promised but, as a group one driver myself, I can say that the extra drivers did NOT prevent me from learning alot about my car and about the track.

i had a great time, sorry it was not the same for you....
Old 03-10-2004, 02:49 PM
morepower2

Originally posted by all_bark
and if you were there for the driver meeting you would have heard carlos appologize for not sending out confirmations. he said something came up that prevented him from doing it and it was the first time that has happened.

you are acting a little like a baby. I can understand being upset because there were more drivers in group one than originally promised but, as a group one driver myself, I can say that the extra drivers did NOT prevent me from learning alot about my car and about the track.

i had a great time, sorry it was not the same for you....
Actualy he didnt get a lot of things done because his Father just passed away two weeks ago and he has been besides himself. We are lucky he still managed to pull the event off.

Morepower
Old 03-10-2004, 03:14 PM
SE-R CAG

I *rarely* post on the forums (for reasons stated earlier) but just as I responded to that other immature know-it-all the other day, I'll give you the same courtesy "Jeffery". I didn't "promise" you jack, and I also said I was sorry you felt the way you did, but would refund your entry fee 100%, which I did right away.

If you want to "discuss" this further, you can email me directly at southwest@serca.org.

For those of you who had a *great* time, THANKS! We appreciated your attendance & look forward to seeing you all there again soon (5/21 or 10/8, details TBA here by zLand).

"Happy Motoring",

SincERely,
Old 03-10-2004, 03:28 PM
morepower2

Originally posted by ray jackson
First off, you JACK wipe. Who the H#LL are you for talking for you so called "straight shooter" friend? He is a man and can speak for himself. If he was a man he would have said "Sorry" when he refunded the $$. He "IS NOT" a man cause he did not do this. And apparently, he should have had more help if he could not send out an e-mail. It "IS NOT" that hard, but to your friend it was. We do demand more an apology. Why don't you tell your friend Carlos to get some "*****" and apologize like a "REAL" man would? Unless he does, we will continue to "smear" his name for the actions that took place.

You do not even know us and you talk smack as if you are the man at the "Streets of Willow!" Saying, "don't bother coming to the track again." I can tell you one thing we were their 2 weeks ago and not once, went off the track or drove like PU$$IES, which about 95% drove like on Friday (PU$$IES)! Considering the 20 plus cars per group you had, nobody could really open it up because it was so congested. This race “WAS NOT” organized or planned well at all. I will “NEVER” tell anyone to go to this “CLOWNS” events again, unless he apologizes. Considering “you”, his boyfriend is talking for him. LMFAO!

Was I talking about you? Am I not entitled to an opinion on someone? Did I even talk any smack? I just suggested that if his expectations were for a no risk event, then not to sign up for track events. Thats all. If he took that as an insult, I am sorry it was not ment as such, just as advice for what to expect on a track day. Grow a thicker skin.

I want to apologize to the rest of the readers of this thread that my post lead to this one.

Morepower
Old 03-10-2004, 03:33 PM
morepower2

And are you another one of Carlos's B!TCHES for talking for him? OMG, you are a joke too! I can care less if he apologized at the event. He needs to grow some "*****" and say sorry when he refunded the $$, get some more damn help (since sending and e-mail doesn't take a "Brain surgeon" to figure it out, but to him it "DOES"), the most important be a "D@MN MAN OF HIS WORD!" Which he did none of the above! It just shows the maturity (i am guessing maybe high school?) of him when he can't do these things.

"can say that the extra drivers did NOT prevent me from learning alot about my car and about the track."

all_bark ,

Trust me "SON" you drove like a PU$$Y on the track with 20 cars per group. And you "WERE NOT" able to push it like you could have. Which = (equals) a "WASTE OF TIME and $$!

This event was "UNORGANIZED AND A JOKE!"
Let me remind you that hot lapping is not a race and it matters not if you are slow or fast. Hotlapping is not to prove anything, its a place to safely explore the limits of your car and yourself.

Hotlapping events are not about proving who is faster but what you learned. If you want to show how fast you are , I suggest take up real racing.

Morepower
Old 03-10-2004, 03:36 PM
ray jackson
Banned

Originally posted by morepower2
Was I talking about you? Am I not entitled to an opinion on someone? Did I even talk any smack? I just suggested that if his expectations were for a no risk event, then not to sign up for track events. Thats all. If he took that as an insult, I am sorry it was not ment as such, just as advice for what to expect on a track day. Grow a thicker skin.

I want to apologize to the rest of the readers of this thread that my post lead to this one.

Morepower

Are you still "TALKING" cause no one is listening! And yes "B!TCH" you did talk smack. You don't even no me or Jeff and if you would like to find out I will kindly introduce ourselves to you. But I don't think you want to meet, "I SMELL PU$$Y BOY (Morepower)!
" Stop talking for your friend, you aren't him, and considering the rubbish you wrote you aren't a man either. He "GENIUS" did you talk to him on the phone...."NO, I DID NOT THINK SO!" So I suggest you shut your blabbering mouth up!
Old 03-10-2004, 03:40 PM
ray jackson
Banned

Originally posted by SE-R CAG
I *rarely* post on the forums (for reasons stated earlier) but just as I responded to that other immature know-it-all the other day, I'll give you the same courtesy "Jeffery". I didn't "promise" you jack, and I also said I was sorry you felt the way you did, but would refund your entry fee 100%, which I did right away.

If you want to "discuss" this further, you can email me directly at southwest@serca.org.

For those of you who had a *great* time, THANKS! We appreciated your attendance & look forward to seeing you all there again soon (5/21 or 10/8, details TBA here by zLand).

"Happy Motoring",

SincERely,

Keep "LYING!" You "DID NOT" say that! And mature know it all! Right that is a good one! Come on Carlos...be a "REAL MAN" and say "SORRY!" But I guess you CAN NOT! Doesn't suprise me! You are full of **** just like your boyfriend "morepower."
Old 03-10-2004, 03:43 PM
morepower2

Are you still "TALKING" cause no one is listening! And yes "B!TCH" you did talk smack. You don't even no me or Jeff and if you would like to find out I will kindly introduce ourselves to you. But I don't think you want to meet, "I SMELL PU$$Y BOY (Morepower)!
" Stop talking for your friend, you aren't him, and considering the rubbish you wrote you aren't a man either. He "GENIUS" did you talk to him on the phone...."NO, I DID NOT THINK SO!" So I suggest you shut your blabbering mouth up!
Like what do you want from me? What are you gonna do if you are at the same place as me at the same time? Beat me up over a paragraph written on an internet forum? I'll be glad to meet you for drinks or something, don't get all ruffled up!

Do you think you need to prove something, tell me what you need to prove so badly.

Morepower
Old 03-10-2004, 03:45 PM
jimster716

It's disappointing that a couple of disgruntled dissatisfied people could conceivably make those who plan these events for Z people think twice about doing it again.

The tone of this thread has turned into some schizo spewing that I haven't seen since richard350z.

I for one had fun and the opportunity to move up from beginner to intermediate was there. Sounds like jeffery and ray jackson (coincidence that all of ray's posts are in this spewing thread) should've been in the intermediate or expert group due to their evaluative abilities on other drivers.

Unfortunate as I was looking forward to the next 350Z driving gathering.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:57 PM
RAZSZM

This was my first track event ever and I traveled 800+ miles to attend. I have to say that it was well worth it. The track never seemed crowded and I was in the first group. I never even saw a close call and spinouts in the middle of nothing didn't seem to do much damage. Granted, screwing up a car wouldn't be that hard but that's the chance we all take when we sign up for an event like this.But that's also the chance we take going past a K-Mart and hoping someone doesn't plow into you coming out of the lot.

Speaking for myself the day was a lot of fun There were a lot of good people and eveything seemed to go without a hitch. The track workers did a great job of keeping everything under control and at no time did I feel unsafe. I had a top-notch instructor that made the day that much better.

For anyone going to the track day for the national convention, I'll see you there. Now that I've been on the "Streets" I think I'll sign up for both big and small track.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:47 PM
jeffery

Originally posted by SE-R CAG

"Happy Motoring",

SincERely,
Carlos, I spoke to you personally on the phone and you told me that you already had 41 drivers signed up and you were going to cap it at 45 so I'd better hurry up, you'll save me a spot. Apparently, you have some personal stuff going on in your life so I am going to cut you some slack and assume that maybe you forgot you told me that. However, when we spoke I took you at your word, and that is a promise 'Jack'.

Secondly, the word "sorry" never once spewed from your mouth. You told me how many cars were going to be in my group and I said "If I had known that, I would never have come." Your response to that...silence. After the drivers meeting I confirmed how many cars were going to be in the run group and asked if I could swap my spot with someone who hadn't paid yet. You returned to the garage, opened your wallet and handed me $120 cash and walked away without saying a word to me. Why would you lie and say that you said you were sorry?

Finally, this 'immature know it all' IS looking out for the best interest of the track enthusiasts on this forum. By demanding that organizers sticking to a pre-determined number of vehicles allows individuals to decide for themselves how many other cars they feel comfortable running with. When people spend their hard earned money on these events they should expect nothing less. If no one else other than my 'pit crew' can see this, then you are fools. I have no qualms with anyone on this forum other than Carlos. If ya'll are fine with organizers stuffing as many vehicles as possible on a track to make a few extra bucks, then so be it.

I can think of countless other ways to spend money on my Z, I don't need 'My350Z' to help me. The biggest benefit about this site for me, is that I can get a heads up on when and where I can take my car out to drive fast legally and safely. Apparently, no one else here agrees with me... my interest in this site is rapidly vanishing.

PS- I would like to apologize for the overzealousness of my 'pit crew'. Neither I nor Ray think that this event was unorganized or a joke. The issue here for me was not five more cars in my run group making things unsafe (btw, more cars ALWAYS = more risk) it was about Carlos/SERCA failing to provide me with the product that I initially paid for. Not a watered down, less safe, cheaper version for the same price. In fact, I regret many of the durogatory comments that have previously been posted, however I offer no apologies for standing up for what is right.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:48 PM
rouxeny

Um, I'm not sure where those Ray Jackson posts came from. Unfortunately, somebody else had the pleasure of banning him before I got a chance to. I'd write some highly critical comments about him, but there's really no point, he'll never see them.

I think I speak for a few people, Carlos, thanks for organizing the event, and for welcoming a bunch of Z's to what was organized by SE-R owners. I had a great time, and I didn't even bring a car to drive.

RAZSZM, I'm impressed you drove 800 miles. That's dedication.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:35 PM
RAZSZM

I'can't take credit for driving the 800 miles. I flew in and Nissan gave me a 350Z to drive. But just the same, it was one of the main reasons for me coming to CA.

Quick Reply: Register now for the Mossy Performance 350-Z- Track Day