Old 03-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

what hotel? Park Plaza?
Old 03-03-2004, 01:50 PM
jeffery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, my ugly mug will show up at the Park Plaza around 9:30 pm tomorrow nite.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:06 PM
J Ritt

I have some friends coming in from out of town on Thursday evening, so I'll be up on Friday AM. See you out there.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:29 PM
RAZSZM

I know that Jeff and myself are staying at the Desert Inn.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:04 PM
spacemanspiff

I'm not going to be able to make it
Something came up that I gotta take care of.

You all have a fun and safe time. Post some Pics!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Dissident

Not sure where I'm staying yet... Got a friend rollin up with me, too. See y'all there....
Old 03-05-2004, 11:11 AM
SilverZ442

Well i wish i could make it cause i just installed my greddy turbo kit but i live in Atlanta, GA. Do you know of any up coming events happening here?
Old 03-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

AWESOME day guys-

thanks for the ride Jae-
Andrew- it was AWESOME meeting you, thanks for coming out-

Joe, Michael, Robert, Steve, Tommy, David, the other Steve, so many new faces

and the boys at Tokyo Pop Street Fury for filming me again.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:13 AM
Fastxturtle

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Chebosto
AWESOME day guys-

thanks for the ride Jae-
Andrew- it was AWESOME meeting you, thanks for coming out-

Joe, Michael, Robert, Steve, Tommy, David, the other Steve, so many new faces

and the boys at Tokyo Pop Street Fury for filming me again.
yea it was awesome day!! It was fun tracking with u guys. Let's post some pics and VDOs.
Attached Thumbnails Register now for the Mossy Performance 350-Z- Track Day-m3350z-copysm.jpg  
Old 03-06-2004, 07:09 AM
jimster716

Originally posted by Fastxturtle
yea it was awesome day!! It was fun tracking with u guys. Let's post some pics and VDOs.
It was a blast. My friend took a lot of shots and some video...he just has to sift through them all and also edit the video. Hopefully I can have it up by the end of the weekend.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:18 AM
rouxeny

Great event. Thanks to Cheston for telling me about it, Zland, Fastxturtle and All-Bark for the rides.

I'll have a few pics up when I get back, probably early next week.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:37 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I got to drive a stock 350Z rag top on the track. I was impressed that it handled and performed so well.

I glad we had a good turn out and everyone enjoyed it. It is a little frustrating that you cant talk as much to everyone as you like and be totally into driving. Too little time to do it all.

Jeff - zland
Old 03-06-2004, 09:42 AM
jimster716

Originally posted by jimster716
It was a blast. My friend took a lot of shots and some video...he just has to sift through them all and also edit the video. Hopefully I can have it up by the end of the weekend.
Here's a taste of my friend's photos. Me in front, stillen supercharged roadster in the back...too bad he had problems with the tire staying mounted with those dubs. My 18x9.5 +22 front and rear with 275/40/18 front and rear held up quite nicely.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:49 AM
jeffery

Don't include me in the "everyone had a good time category." I spoke to Carlos on the phone before I signed up for the event, he said: "You better sign up now, we already have 41 drivers and we're going to cap it at 45. There is going to be three run groups with a maximum of 15 cars in each one."

I took a day off from work, paid for a room in Lancaster, $20 bucks to get both my vehicles in the gate (one with all my track crap that wouldn't fit in the Z), etc... just to have Carlos tell me "You'll be in the first group with 20 cars."

I expect an organizer to keep his word. I never received a confirmation that I was included in the event in advance, let alone a heads up that there was going to be more cars there than he had orginally stated. If I would have been informed of this in advance, I would have opted out. I just love my Z and I am very cautious with her and don't care to put her on that track with 19 other vehicles every third run.

I met some nice people (Roy with his Mini Cooper S in particular), saw some beautiful vehicles, but left extremely bitter.

jeff.

ps- seeing a Z spin out of control and off the track not even 2 laps after the first yellow flag had dropped reaffirmed my concerns for the safety of myself, others, and my car. More importantly, Carlos needs to keep his word and at least give people an opportunity back out if the format of the event is going to change. By the way, I received no thank you for signing up for the event so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I received no apology when I withdrew from it.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:19 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by jeffery
Don't include me in the "everyone had a good time category." I spoke to Carlos on the phone before I signed up for the event, he said: "You better sign up now, we already have 41 drivers and we're going to cap it at 45. There is going to be three run groups with a maximum of 15 cars in each one."

I took a day off from work, paid for a room in Lancaster, $20 bucks to get both my vehicles in the gate (one with all my track crap that wouldn't fit in the Z), etc... just to have Carlos tell me "You'll be in the first group with 20 cars."

I expect an organizer to keep his word. I never received a confirmation that I was included in the event in advance, let alone a heads up that there was going to be more cars there than he had orginally stated. If I would have been informed of this in advance, I would have opted out. I just love my Z and I am very cautious with her and don't care to put her on that track with 19 other vehicles every third run.

I met some nice people (Roy with his Mini Cooper S in particular), saw some beautiful vehicles, but left extremely bitter.

jeff.

ps- seeing a Z spin out of control and off the track not even 2 laps after the first yellow flag had dropped reaffirmed my concerns for the safety of myself, others, and my car. More importantly, Carlos needs to keep his word and at least give people an opportunity back out if the format of the event is going to change. By the way, I received no thank you for signing up for the event so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I received no apology when I withdrew from it.
Jeff:

I am sorry you were not happy with the event. By the end of the day, the track was very uncrowded IMO. Carlos had slightly more people in group #1 (Beginner) because you dont want beginner drivers running with advanced drivers. In addtion, every beginner driver had the opportunity to have a teacher/driver with him. The only way it could be "unsafe" for your baby is if you drove betyond your limits as a driver since passing and driving too close to another driver were not allowed. I only saw 2 situations personally that required people to be "spoken to" regarding driving behavior. One was a person appeared to have a underage/child riding along which concerned them and another was a guy wanting to Drift his car around the conner in the ft straightaway.

I do think it is best you did not run your Z. You should never driver or participate with any event that makes you uncomfortable. When I soke to Carlos, he told me there was one person that decided not to run. He refunded you your money didnt he?

Jeff - zland
Old 03-06-2004, 10:21 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

jimster716:

Great pic! Wow, does your friend have anymore of other cars running? BTW, nice to get the chance to talk again.

Jeff - zland
Old 03-06-2004, 10:22 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Here was one of two skylines. The pics of this car do not do it justice. It was nice to just look at it and better to run along with it.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:23 AM
VQ35DECivic

Ya shoulda been there.

It was great fun, once Carlos bumped me from the beginner to the intermediate group. As the pilot of the other vehicle (yes, the white G35 coupe) to first-hand experience an off-track excursion, Streets of Willow is pretty safe. No walls, generally spaced out cars, ample runoff space--it's safe. The Z that went off was clearly not prepared for running at the track. Heavy 20" chrome rims and additional audio equipment combined w/ an ATI supercharger--all that weight plus all that speed... no wonder it must have had a tough time turning!

Quick Reply: Register now for the Mossy Performance 350-Z- Track Day