Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

new nissandriven.com SILVERSTONE photo: fixed

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 08:33 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great work! Big Difference! Maybe they should replace the one on nissandriven.com with yours

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2002, 08:40 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Default Re: new nissandriven.com SILVERSTONE photo: fixed

Originally posted by exsilio
I was VERY unhappy with the quality ofsome of the photos, especially the Silverstone. So I fixed it and tried to make it a bit more 'studio' like.

Hey ex,

It does look much better. Did you change the lightning with Photoshop? Look like the different between a picture develop at at grocery store vs. one develop in the Camera shop.
Old 06-01-2002, 08:59 AM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Based on the pictures here and here, I would say that the Nissan pic looks to be the truer representation. It shows the depth of the color seen in the other images. Of course, this is assuming that the Silvia with the same paint code is actually the same color as the Silverstone 350Z.
Old 06-01-2002, 09:07 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The photoshopped image looks great. But it's probably better to get to know your color choice in regular sunlight, the way you will see it when you come out of work in the afternoon, for example.
Attached Thumbnails new nissandriven.com SILVERSTONE photo: fixed-side1.jpg  
Old 06-01-2002, 09:11 AM
BullishZ

Originally posted by Scafremon
The photoshopped image looks great. But it's probably better to get to know your color choice in regular sunlight, the way you will see it when you come out of work in the afternoon, for example.
Scaf, where u get that pic??? is it a natural pic or photochop?
Old 06-01-2002, 09:35 AM
articfury
Charter Member #55

ex-

Good to see you don't hold a grudge...I don't.

I was simply making an observation that the nissandriven pics closer match what the car looks like in many other images, both professional and amateur. Those photos are also a closer match to the color of the Polished Titanium Maxima which has the same paint code.

To accurately represent the color, wouldn't you need to know at least one of the following, if not all: What the color looks like in person? What was used to capture the image (digital, 35mm film/slide scan) and thus color correction based on a calibration from reference input, and finally color correction for the output stage (i.e. monitor) Now if your adjustments were based on any, or all, this data then I apologize.

As for the accuracy of the image, on my display, the highlights are too bright and undefined. The blacks are unnatural. Look at the front wheel, the tire is way too dark, while the wheel itself is too bright. It's like you turned up the gain on the highlights and shadows too high. Did you use the auto-adjust or manually adjust the levels? Without knowing the stuff mentioned in the previous paragraph, it would be hard to determine the proper settings, other than a visual guess. I would also guess that Nissan would represent all 3 of the cars it has on it websites the closest to the actual color.

JD
Old 06-01-2002, 10:02 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

It is just me or is there a blue tint to the color in the nissan pic?
Old 06-01-2002, 10:47 AM
articfury
Charter Member #55

ex-

I do agree with you about the "studio" setting, etc. That is why I pointed out the amateur pics. The colors depicted in both settings (amateur and studio) are very close to each other, and very similar to the nissandriven color seen on the 350Z and Maxima.

JD
Old 06-01-2002, 11:17 AM
john0213

Holy Sh*t, i love the silverstone under the sunlight, the side view one, it is just the same as i imagine, omg, i gotta thx to whoever take the pic, i love it!!~

Originally posted by blackSunshine
It is just me or is there a blue tint to the color in the nissan pic?
not only u, i realize there is a blue tint too~
Old 06-01-2002, 11:42 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by exsilio
You would think..wouldn't ya?

But not so.

The point of the pictures is to accurately represent the color. Unfortunately with a highly reflective metallic paint and a fairly neutral color slike Silverstone..it pics up ambient colors.

So the pics of the Silvia and the one on NissanDriven are not accurate at all.

I have to deal with this kind of problem everyday. It's a pain, but usually the results are worth the effort. :P
ex,

I am not a photo expert like you or articfury, but my natural eyes told me that the color of the tree in your photoshopped picture look much truer than the one from nissandriven.com. My comments was based on that. I thought all color/lightning adjustment in studio have to based on a known color reference point, is there anything better than natural tree color? Also, the nissandriven.com picture look like it took on a cloudy day, however, the shadow under the car dispute that. That's my 2 cents.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:08 PM
silverstone_350z

Scaf...if that the actual silverstone that we will see when the car comes out? or is that photoshoped???
Old 06-01-2002, 12:18 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume that is the color we will get. I have not photoshopped any pics that I have posted (I don't have the software, or the skill to do so).
Old 06-01-2002, 12:21 PM
silverstone_350z

thanks scaf..if that is the REAL silverstone, then i take back all the bad wording i said about silverstone, lol..it looks awesome there...for all of you that ordered the silverstone, what do you guys think??
Old 06-01-2002, 08:16 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hey Exsilio

Could you do what you did on the Silverstone pic to the new Brickyard Pic that is now up at Nissandriven.com?

Quick Reply: new nissandriven.com SILVERSTONE photo: fixed