Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What can I get to make the Z look aggressive an mean on a budget?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Eibach sport line springs.

$200

/Thread

I've seen stock 350zs with stock wheels lowered on these springs and it looks pretty damn good for $200 later. Now performance wise no, but if your going for an aggressive stance it looks good to be so cheap.

Name:  IMG_0515.jpg
Views: 3044
Size:  146.9 KB
Old 10-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Josh|Swag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Osborn Wu
to be honest and no offense,

chrome makes it ghetto, not mean.
and if you plan to lower the car, don't go too low, it looks dumb when there is a bump.
if you really want it to be a mean machine, make the car sounds mean from the engine, not the outside. it's nothing mean about the car if it can be smoked by a stock z
Disagree. He said *look* aggressive and mean, not sound mean, or be quick.
He could get smoked by your grandma's cadillac, but that's as irrelevant to what he wants. He doesn't want to upgrade the engine, he wants it to LOOK more aggressive.
I disagree with you in your view on lowering the car as well. Typically the more you lower and widen the car, the more aggressive it'll look.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Clon3

Save the 3 grand, and just drive around with a big mean looking shitface...... DONE!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:50 PM
end of z world

Why are all these broke ppl buying z's ...
Old 10-12-2012, 04:22 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by end of z world
Why are all these broke ppl buying z's ...
Because these "broke people" are teenagers. It's a sad day for the Z community but the bottom has dropped out on the Z price lately. I'm not sure I even know someone older than me (26) driving one in my area. Sucks, but I guess it's inevitable.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:32 AM
mvp2765

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
Eibach sport line springs.

$200

/Thread

I've seen stock 350zs with stock wheels lowered on these springs and it looks pretty damn good for $200 later. Now performance wise no, but if your going for an aggressive stance it looks good to be so cheap.

200$ does not get you this. There's a lot more to it than just adding springs. Rolled fenders, wheel spacers, alignment, install and at the very minimum a rear camber kit and
toe bolts.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:54 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by mvp2765
200$ does not get you this. There's a lot more to it than just adding springs. Rolled fenders, wheel spacers, alignment, install and at the very minimum a rear camber kit and
toe bolts.
I realize that bro. I've went through the whole suspension thing myself. I'm making it simple for the OP. And only real thing he will need to do is fender roll. Alignment isn't a do or die thing with this drop and spacers are optional. Your missing the point, I pulled a random pic of the springs just to give him an example. Let's not pick out every little detail that's different.

I've installed coilovers, front and rear camber/toe and rolled the fenders myself. And then dealt with the whole alignment thing. I realize all this, chief. I was speaking in terms of the "product cost" and not so much on every specific detail. In that case let's include the gas cost to drive to each place.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 10-12-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:31 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by cgkp0925

Keep adding to that budget for better quality parts. You'll be glad you did later on.

QFT...
Old 10-12-2012, 06:12 AM
hookah

toe bolts.
I wish you were wrong, but you aren't
Old 10-12-2012, 07:57 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by TotalledZ
I have a budget of 3k of upgrades

I want to make my 350z aggressive and meaner looking!! Low stance

1.Even drop on eibach sport line springs (2-3in I guess, I want it leveled meaning the rear end isn't higher)
2. Front Bumper (lip)? Will I need side skirts if I get it lowered?
3.How about a rear bumper tuck?
4.Eye lids for front lights
5.chrome rims? 18"

Give me some suggestions guys"how to make a z look aggressive,low and mean"

I do not mind if the parts are knock offs

Thank you
I like this style front end and side skirts what are

http://www.gtrblog.com/wp-content/up...wheels-001.jpg

What I would need to get this^ look

1. ings front lip and a air duction, I believe
2.Ings side skirts
3.maybe tinted head lights
4.gt-r wheels

Does that look right?

Gtr wheels would def put me over my budget lol

Last edited by stuartc323; 10-12-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 AM
GLRacing

Do not get GTR parts, I beg of you.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:56 PM
mvp2765

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
I realize that bro. I've went through the whole suspension thing myself. I'm making it simple for the OP. And only real thing he will need to do is fender roll. Alignment isn't a do or die thing with this drop and spacers are optional. Your missing the point, I pulled a random pic of the springs just to give him an example. Let's not pick out every little detail that's different.

I've installed coilovers, front and rear camber/toe and rolled the fenders myself. And then dealt with the whole alignment thing. I realize all this, chief. I was speaking in terms of the "product cost" and not so much on every specific detail. In that case let's include the gas cost to drive to each place.
I dont really give a shyt what you did to your suspension. Congrats, you're officially now cool. If you're going to give false information, then get the hell out of this thread. To the OP, search around and look at as many pictures of other peoples cars as you can and you will obtain a taste to your liking.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:38 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont really give a shyt what you did to your suspension. Congrats, you're officially now cool. If you're going to give false information, then get the hell out of this thread. To the OP, search around and look at as many pictures of other peoples cars as you can and you will obtain a taste to your liking.
Little harsh there aren't ya?
The guy has a legit point..even if he left off install and alignment. You don't necessarily need spacers or toe bolts, although they should be on the *list*.
OP wants an aggressive look and simply dropping the car a modest amount would be a place to start the process.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:21 PM
mvp2765

Your right, lets leave out any important parts and tell the kid to slam his z without any supporting mods. Hell, why not twin Turbo it and tune the car at 20psi. That's like only $4k. You could have a 500hp plus ride bro.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 PM
SlowNFurious

Originally Posted by ronn1
Little harsh there aren't ya?
The guy has a legit point..even if he left off install and alignment. You don't necessarily need spacers or toe bolts, although they should be on the *list*.
OP wants an aggressive look and simply dropping the car a modest amount would be a place to start the process.
You do need the spacers to achieve the look in the photo. You would have a horrible looking sunken battleship if you dropped it and did not get spacers.

I think MVP made a good point that you can not achieve the look of the car in the picture for $200.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:55 PM
SlowNFurious

I have a budget of 3k of upgrades

I want to make my 350z aggressive and meaner looking!! Low stance

1.Even drop on eibach sport line springs (2-3in I guess, I want it leveled meaning the rear end isn't higher)
2. Front Bumper (lip)? Will I need side skirts if I get it lowered?
3.How about a rear bumper tuck?
4.Eye lids for front lights
5.chrome rims? 18"

Give me some suggestions guys"how to make a z look aggressive,low and mean"

I do not mind if the parts are knock offs

Thank you
$3k is plenty of money to make your car look aggressive.

Varrs, Avant Garde, VMR wheels -$1100
Tires - $800
Coilovers- $900

=$2800, $200 left for rear camber kit.

You can rent a fender rolling tool off ebay for like $40 I think. Do that and then scrooge together a couple bucks for an alignment.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 PM
ronn1

Originally Posted by SlowNFurious
You do need the spacers to achieve the look in the photo. You would have a horrible looking sunken battleship if you dropped it and did not get spacers.

I think MVP made a good point that you can not achieve the look of the car in the picture for $200.
You missed my point...his response and I quote:
"If you're going to give false information, then get the hell out of this thread"
Is inappropriate and uncalled for. No need to tell someone to *get the hell out of this thread*. It's not *false* info..just might not be as precise as he would like. As far as spacers..that's a judgement call..depends on wheels and offsets. You certainly can START the *aggressive* look without them....and putting em on is not a significant expense. No one is saying that they should leave em out are they? The poster who suggested just the springs was simply saying...*this is a START*..why jump all over him?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 PM
ronn1

Your right, lets leave out any important parts and tell the kid to slam his z without any supporting mods. Hell, why not twin Turbo it and tune the car at 20psi. That's like only $4k. You could have a 500hp plus ride bro.
There are tons of Zs with sportlines and no other mods. Yes, it's best to have those *supporting* mods, but not necessary. He picked a random photo. Unfortunately, that car had spacers, so the pic was not *accurate*..still, he was trying to convey the idea of a relatively cheap mod, since you can get em used for around $200...new not much more.

Typical Sportline mod..no other mods.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 PM
cubs4worldseris

You've gotta get rimmed up with a killer sound system!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Josh|Swag

toe bolts.
I'm quite sure that this is obvious to anyone with half a brain without you having to state it.
Take your POS attitude somewhere else, know it all.
With stock wheels, he wouldn't need to roll his fenders, wouldn't need wheel spacers, and wouldn't necessarily need a camber kit. Yes, these things would make the car look better, but they aren't necessary if he just wanted to install some springs without adding the spacers.
I don't see who you think you are coming in here and being a complete d*ck to everyone, but it's really un-becoming.

Quick Reply: What can I get to make the Z look aggressive an mean on a budget?