Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Negative experiences with fellow Z owners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:25 PM
stuartc323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian2193
Not really. Sold my Z a while back. Got a Subie and I love it but I still miss my Z at times
The fact that i read this after i responded to your post

Old 09-26-2012, 10:37 PM
brian2193

Originally Posted by stuartc323
The fact that i read this after i responded to your post

I don't see why you're hating. I sold it because I I couldn't handle a 2 seater anymore and all the G's I found were overpriced. I still have love for Z's
Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 PM
brian2193

Originally Posted by stuartc323
Bro your in Orange County, they are going to treat you like ****, especially if your doing well and your a minority, Im black so I feel your pain sometimes. But I have never had someone spit at my car, you would get your *** beat.
Yea I know ha. He didn't hit my car but I got his intention. And well hope all goes well for ya. I wan to get another Z when I have enough money to have more than 1 car
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its ur area or u i guess or the way ur car is setup...all ive ever gotten is compliments with my
z and G
Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 AM
hookah

I haven't had one negative experience.
Its usually a thumbs up to each other or a nice conversation.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:39 AM
GLRacing

Every time I encounter Z's here in AZ, it's usually an older male or female talking on their cellphones, rocking the sunglasses, and driving a stock drop-top. Occasionally a stock coupe.

It's pretty annoying because they think they're the sh*t in their car, so they pretend in not right there cruising next to them...waiting for them to glance over so they can see the dirty looks I'm giving them(;

Joking aside, I haven't really had any bad experiences besides the awkwardness or driving next to cocky old senior citizen Z drivers. I'm a friendly guy, I usually give a thumbs up to other Z guys(:

Last edited by GLRacing; 09-27-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:43 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

our local forum is starting to take a chunk out of the ego drama that used to be prevalent here in PHX area.. too bad it took someones death to stop the BS.. RIP RIch.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 AM
GLRacing

It's unfortunate that stupid stuff like that goes on. I've yet to understand how people will take things so seriously and cause drama that escalates to someone's death..
Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm friends with just about every Z owner in my city. Although occasionally I'll come up on an older age Z owner and he thinks his is the ****. Lol
Old 09-27-2012, 10:01 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by GLRacing
It's unfortunate that stupid stuff like that goes on. I've yet to understand how people will take things so seriously and cause drama that escalates to someone's death..
wasnt like that luckily.

Rich was a shop owner and ran the last local forum az350z.com. there used to be alot of nuthiggin for ea shop back then.. after his unrelated death, it left a hole where ppl had to make new friends and question why they got so cliqueish in the first place.
Wasnt a Rich thing.. it was more like group mob mentality.. was wierd. Point being that a friends death will make you re-analyze your own stupid ways pretty quickly.

its getting better tho..
thats why we made azexiled.com for the locals.. to end that ish and end the shop nonsense too. And to get a real locals only cash/pick up 350z classfieds going.
I have to laugh when i think about selling parts on craigs list here in town tho.. ive met more male friends than i ever would imagined ( ie, never imagined meeting even ONE lol) off craigslist bahaha.

I joke about it now alot too.. most guys bring thier wives by when theyre picking stuff up from me.. I always ask " Hey so whats your take on yer hubby meeting new men on craigslist>! hahaha"
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 AM
GLRacing

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
I'm friends with just about every Z owner in my city. Although occasionally I'll come up on an older age Z owner and he thinks his is the ****. Lol
Senior citizens are more common in my city because it's where people come to retire -___- literally the city is filled with dozens of nursing homes and it's a 90% chance you'll be stuck driving behind one that's driving 10 below the limit.

Last edited by GLRacing; 09-27-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:55 PM
TheWoods

Originally Posted by brian2193
I was just curious to know if any other people have had negative experiences with other people who own Z vehicles?

I have had a couple:

My first one was when I had my Z for a month I took it to a carwash. As im washing I see another guy with a Z almost like mine except he had blacked out tailights and I think plasti dipped rims. So I go over to talk to him and compliment his car and I ask him what hes done to it and stuff. He had an 03 base I believe. Well when I tell him I have an 06 enthusiast he tells me," those ones are ****. Yours looks kinda dumb too. If you're gona buy a Z at least buy a good one". All I had done to mine was the nismo exhaust and spoiler. That's it!

Second time was a guy in a Z33 TT telling me 350's are garbage and I spent myoney on a P.O.S. And to get rid of it and a buy a "real mans car, not some little sissy ****"

The other ones are mostly at a red light and a Z pulls up alongside me, I tell em I like their car and they get mad and spit towards my car and take off when the light changes

Do I just have bad luck or are Z owners in SoCal just dicks?
I haven't had anything but good experiences everytime I roll up to a Z I engage in a friendly convo. Those others, just choose to ignore me.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:47 PM
realist alive

nothing but good experience with z owners. however I was driving and a honda civic drove by and the kid yelled "slow piece of ****" out the window. I laughed and kept driving like it never happened.

You cant let people get to you, just shrug it off and do your own thing. In your case with you posting a thread about it those people got to you. On second thought there is something about you that must just **** people off. You must be driving around like a Dugan.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phenom
Mostly positive encounters. There's the occasional douche that creeps slowly by in the next lane and acts like he doesn't notice the loud *** Z in the lane next to him. I always look over to give a thumbs up but they pretend I'm not there. Maybe my car came with the invisibility option from the dealer . No one has ever actually been a ***** as in saying $hit about the Z though.
^^^
This is pretty much my experience here in So cal. I'm 08 lowered with Gun Metal rims (9.5 and 11s) and very nice exhuast/HF cats. Completely ignored by 90% of Zs I encounter.

Last edited by ronn1; 09-27-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 PM
raysoy

i live in rosemead/san gabriel area and i havent had much bad experiences within the z community alot of others just probably out does mine. I dont rev hard im all stock except coils, i just like to look at other cars including ur m3's and gtr's but thats just the tip of the ice berg. also sometimes when im at a light occasional rsx's really start doing this thing with the speed up slow down to stay by you and it really is annoying as im just trying to daily commute to school..
Old 09-28-2012, 08:54 AM
ronn1

Originally Posted by raysoy
. also sometimes when im at a light occasional rsx's really start doing this thing with the speed up slow down to stay by you and it really is annoying as im just trying to daily commute to school..

Well..I find most cars avoid pestering encounters with me...it all depends on the look. As I mentioned earlier here..most Z's ignore me as well.
Here's mine:

Old 09-28-2012, 09:11 AM
dykel3fiddyz

Originally Posted by KingBaby
sucks to be you...

^^^^^^^^^
Old 09-28-2012, 09:58 AM
ronn1

Originally Posted by dykel3fiddyz
^^^^^^^^^

If that's what it takes...I'll take it any day!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:40 AM
ALO8

Originally Posted by ronn1
Well..I find most cars avoid pestering encounters with me...it all depends on the look. As I mentioned earlier here..most Z's ignore me as well.
Here's mine:

you not lowered lies lies
Old 09-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Actually yeah, I can think of negative experiences, although not limited to Z owners. Any time someone is showing/telling me about their car and there's a ton of ricey/not tasteful $hit done to it and I have to pretend that I think it's cool because I'm a nice guy like that. I don't have the heart to tell them their car would look a lot better plummeting off a cliff.

Quick Reply: Negative experiences with fellow Z owners?