Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Haters suck!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004 | 04:48 PM
thackattk

Default Haters suck!

I actually took my car out for a little drive today for the first time since I had it painted. Got a lot of nice comments and stares while stopped at lights.
So, I'm driving along and I look over in the other lane and a guy in a work truck flips me off for no reason. I'm in the other lane, it's not like I was driving like a jerk, or showing off. I didn't cut him off or pull out in front of him, as I said, I was in the other lane going the opposite direction! He flipped me off because he was jealous, I guess.
What happened to the thumbs up? I guess the new deal is, if you like someone's car better than yours, you're supposed to flip them off. lol
Attached Thumbnails Haters suck!-side-view.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004 | 04:56 PM
WayneTN

Nice car man!

Some people try to pull themselves "up" by putting others down. Just smile at them, turn, and go your own way. Don't give them the satisfaction of seeing you get angry or upset. Don't let their stupidity dictate how you feel or act. Let them be mad at the world. So what. It only hurts them.

OK, enough of the touchy-feely stuff. This ain't Oprah.

$0.02
WayneTN
Old 01-12-2004 | 05:36 PM
ztropic

Here's something else that hurts them...your fists. Next time turn around chase them down to the next stop and beat the ever living crap out of them. Pull them out of their vehicle, and proceed to lay a truly massive punishment upon them right there on the street. After that, they can't flip you off because their fingers are broken, and they can't identify you because both eyes are swollen shut and their jaw is cracked. Guaranteed that will be the last time they ever act so brazen.

J/K!!! But sometimes I really feel this way.
Wooooosaaaaaa!!!!
Old 01-12-2004 | 05:37 PM
Electro Z

Thats one nice ride my friend!
You should post some more pics so we can drool.

EZ

stock Daytona Blue 6sp with all the toys
Old 01-12-2004 | 05:46 PM
thackattk

Here's something else that hurts them...your fists. Next time turn around chase them down to the next stop and beat the ever living crap out of them. Pull them out of their vehicle, and proceed to lay a truly massive punishment upon them right there on the street. After that, they can't flip you off because their fingers are broken, and they can't identify you because both eyes are swollen shut and their jaw is cracked. Guaranteed that will be the last time they ever act so brazen.

Old 01-12-2004 | 05:50 PM
Nothing

Before you totally flip though... let's consider a few options...

A. He used to work for an American car company and feels that he lost his job b/c of many American's buying foriegn cars

B. He had a son who was killed by a street racer racing down the street

C. He's French []

... not that any of the above give him the right to flick you off, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't just jump to the conclusion he's jealous... there could be more "understandable" reasons.

BTW, although I hate "all things rice"... and it's not my cup of tea, your car still looks pretty bad ***... good job.

N.
Old 01-12-2004 | 07:44 PM
SlamMan

Thats some amazing body work.

The world in general is screwed up. You just have to worry about your friends and family lobbing you the bird. **** everyone else.
Old 01-12-2004 | 08:06 PM
350zdanny

I'm gonna be honest. I don't like the paint, but the car is pretty damn sick.

I caught some little kids throwing stuff at my car one time. They got their **** ruined. I chased them down and brought them home to their parents (I can't go beating up 13 year olds, I'll end up in jail). I just find that these types of cars attract a good deal of malicious people.

I do come into contact with alot of nice people though. Usually in NYC. Whenever I park, someone comes over and asks a question or throws down a compliment. I usually end up having a 20 minute conversation before I know it.
Old 01-12-2004 | 08:12 PM
shimz350z

POST MORE PICS SOOO WEE CANNN DROOOLLLL=)
Old 01-12-2004 | 08:24 PM
ml2316

one time i was in a crosswalk when the walk sign was flashing and as i was crossing this big truck flies past me (turning left) within a couple feet of hitting me and the guy flips me off while he's passing me. i don't know why people act that way, but here's a random simpsons quote that may be relevant:

"well, animals are not unlike people, mrs. simpson. some of them act badly because they've had a hard life, or have been mistreated...but, like people, some of them are just jerks. stop that, mr. simpson."
Old 01-12-2004 | 08:53 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

he was probably flicking you off in utter disbeleif that your tires are THAT FAR TUCKED IN!!!

you need to get those bad boys out to the edges somehow... donno how without like 15" wide tires and 8" of lip. but somehow.

nice car though; just not the tire area.
Old 01-12-2004 | 08:54 PM
Blue Dream

more pics pleaseeeeee
Old 01-12-2004 | 09:07 PM
Jsn350Z

Were you playing loud music? Just a thought..

And I want more pics too!
Old 01-12-2004 | 09:21 PM
jedoublery

Default Need wheels.

I might sound like a hater here, but.......
The car looks ridiculous, wide body kit need supporting wheels and possibily longer axle.
Otherwise you end up looking like this.
Attached Thumbnails Haters suck!-probe1.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004 | 09:59 PM
350ed
Professional
Premier Member

More pics!
Have Nitto get you some big **** tires/wheels for the rear and add spacers if needed.
Old 01-12-2004 | 10:02 PM
CAR2

HA!!! WTF IS THAT????? (jedoublery pic)

Last edited by CAR2; 01-12-2004 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2004 | 10:03 PM
___DJK___

Consider yourself lucky. Most of these hater stories end in hundreds of dollars of damage (keying, breaking glass, etc). I can live with someone giving me the bird, I would be a little pissed if someone slashed my tires or fked up my paint.

Nice car btw!
Old 01-12-2004 | 10:22 PM
dchengmd

So, let me get this straight. It's not OK to flip off a Z driver, but it's OK to flip off every Hummer you see on the road (a la http://www.fuh2.com)?

I'm not saying the original poster does this. It's just that I find it a little hypocritical when there's other posts on this board espousing the F*** You H2 website.
Old 01-12-2004 | 11:01 PM
35oZephyR

Originally posted by dchengmd
So, let me get this straight. It's not OK to flip off a Z driver, but it's OK to flip off every Hummer you see on the road (a la http://www.fuh2.com)?

I'm not saying the original poster does this. It's just that I find it a little hypocritical when there's other posts on this board espousing the F*** You H2 website.
I kinda agree with you but theres different circumstances. People can flick my car off all they want behind my back or when I'm not looking I wouldn't mind because it's not personal. They're just hating the car.

However, If someone does it to my face explicitly, be it on the road, in the parking lot, toe to toe, that's asking for some trouble. Alot of people out there hate and criticize and that's their own issue but when they try to instigate or provoke someone that's another story.

The truck driver was lucky that thackattk wasn't a gansta with a short temper, having a bad day, and a loaded glock sittin in his Z compartment!
Old 01-12-2004 | 11:22 PM
ChrisM

Just a note here- Ive given people the peace sign and they have mistken it for me flipping me off, Ive seen people fliping me off, when in actuality they were giving me the peace sign. Just look carefully-

But really, some people are fu*k*d up. I once beat a guy in a street race, he pulled back up to me and his passenger pointed a gun at me (atleast I think it was, it was dark)

Chris.

Quick Reply: Haters suck!