Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My 04 Roadster was broken into last night...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM
dykel3fiddyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear this has happened. It does sound like the thief definitely owns a Z.
Buy nothing from the stealership!!!! Go online and find totaled Z's that are getting parted and if you cant find what you need look online a **** load. Nissan will rape your wallet.

But I hope you get everything sorted out.

Anyways......

Old 11-01-2012, 10:14 PM
YardieXplorer

Dont know if anyone answered you but my suggestion would be to reset both window motors so they relearn when it is suppose to be closed from open. Its worth a shot seeing as you said both were rolling down. If you dont have the time to pull your doors apart immediately. I had trick I would do when my window motor was going out. Before i get out my car i tap the window switch down just little enough so the window budges and isn't all the way at the top. This will allow it to fall culprit of the auto down feature when the doors close. Sorry to hear about the break-in. Hate ****ing car thieves/vandals
Old 11-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Studio_city_rob

I think you guys are right... I'm pretty certain you guys are right actually about the theif(s) being a Z owner... I agree about getting nothing from the dealership! I couldn't believe their prices for some of this stuff! As I said before, $139 for the little coin holder thingy in the center console by the hazard lights button! The spare tire is only slightly more expensive than that, it just doesn't even make sense to me! I've got a good auto body guy/friend that is helping me out to get a new lock cylinder and get it installed and then Re-program my key remote for it... that should be done by Friday night... I'm going to visit the auto parts stores and get an aftermarket antenna and my body guy is going to locate a used coin holder for me... I will deal with the trunk... carpet liner, spare tire, spare tire cover and plastic trim pieces later as I'm not really all that concerned with that at this point. I have tried literally everything to try to keep the windows from auto roll down when I exit the car and absolutely nothing works and I've tried everything... I talked to a local mechanic specializing in Nissan today and he said he had heard of someone recently that went through the exact same break in and supposedly there is some trick using magnets on the driver door handle that will trigger the auto roll down function allowing full access to your Z... Supposedly Nissan realized the error of their ways and corrected this little issue on the newer lines of thier cars... Sucks eh?
As always I appreciate the responses and condolences about my misfortune but at least we all now know yet another way thieves are gaining access to our Z's... seems an aftermarket alarm system would be a sound investment for us?
Keep your eyes open, watch out for each other when possible and keep'm garaged when there's the option to do so!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Zhinobi

Sorry to hear about your babe.

To take extra precaution next time, just install a motion sensor alarm in the car and 2way system. I got one and if whoever step in 2 ft range of my car proximity it will beep. Put there face close to the windows then it will scream.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Studio_city_rob

Originally Posted by Zhinobi
Sorry to hear about your babe.

To take extra precaution next time, just install a motion sensor alarm in the car and 2way system. I got one and if whoever step in 2 ft range of my car proximity it will beep. Put there face close to the windows then it will scream.
Thanks zhinobi.... I plan on taking some new precautions now for sure and an alarm like yours I would definitely be interested in, would you mind sharing what kind/brand alarm it is?