Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Your spouse and the Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Sick an Twsd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My gf was originally upset with me about how much time i spent on my car, then she got the chance to drive my car and she's now in love haha she took the day off next month just to go up to LA with me for my tune.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 PM
-Trav-

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sick an Twsd
My gf was originally upset with me about how much time i spent on my car, then she got the chance to drive my car and she's now in love haha she took the day off next month just to go up to LA with me for my tune.
I need me a girl like that!
Old 07-09-2013, 04:04 AM
fairladyinit

Originally Posted by Sick an Twsd
Similar situation for me as well. Wife couldn't have cared less for the car, until she drove it. Now every day she wants to take it for a spin and even helps wash it.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:21 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Z basically sits all year in the garage and the wife/I have been contemplating selling the Z because we do not drive it. Well 2 weeks ago, I told my wife to take the car because it needed to be driven, so she took it out shopping. She came back a few hrs later and said why don't we drive it more often lol. So once a month, we go out on a date and take the Z like what we used to do before the kids came around. We have no plans of selling the car now.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:44 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Jennifer 2
Well Nolagg, be careful what you wish for. That hobby your girlfriend gets, might be tall dark and handsome!
That's why my wife keeps me around. I'm useful that way.

In all fairness, I must admit that I enjoy the fact that my wife likes to drive our Z when it suits her. I drive it 99% of the time, but every now and then she likes to take it to meet the GFs. However, now that she has her own new people mover, I think the Z is exclusively mine again.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:26 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by 350Z Project X
yes we do live together. why do you ask?

Cuz my wife used to act like that with me because she wanted to move out and get an apartment together (years ago when i first bought my first car), basically trying to advance the relationship but she wanted me to stop modding cars to spend money on her, typical woman logic. I gave in though.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:29 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
That's why my wife keeps me around. I'm useful that way.

In all fairness, I must admit that I enjoy the fact that my wife likes to drive our Z when it suits her. I drive it 99% of the time, but every now and then she likes to take it to meet the GFs. However, now that she has her own new people mover, I think the Z is exclusively mine again.
^

Story of my life, this is how she acted after i let her drive the Z to LA one time, now she drives every time lol
Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 AM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
Cuz my wife used to act like that with me because she wanted to move out and get an apartment together (years ago when i first bought my first car), basically trying to advance the relationship but she wanted me to stop modding cars to spend money on her, typical woman logic. I gave in though.
hahaha, that makes sense now. Yeah luckily her uncle is a huge car guy too and told her that she needs to just let me do it its my money and if I can afford it I can do it. Even though we live together I still dont give her access to my bank account. Sadly im still paying my credit card debt off from drifting
I just need another raise at work. lol
Sometimes I wonder how much more I would make if I didnt have a girlfriend. (Since ive been with her I got a new job and make 50% more at my new job)
Old 07-09-2013, 08:28 AM
stuartc323

hahaha, that makes sense now. Yeah luckily her uncle is a huge car guy too and told her that she needs to just let me do it its my money and if I can afford it I can do it. Even though we live together I still dont give her access to my bank account. Sadly im still paying my credit card debt off from drifting
I just need another raise at work. lol
Sometimes I wonder how much more I would make if I didnt have a girlfriend. (Since ive been with her I got a new job and make 50% more at my new job)

Its always cheaper when your alone, but thats just it, your alone, eventually if u want some poon, ur gonna have to fork out way more money with some girl rather your wife, because your wife knows your finances somewhat so she knows her limits (sometimes), but those new girls will suck you dry lol
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 AM
350Z Project X

Its always cheaper when your alone, but thats just it, your alone, eventually if u want some poon, ur gonna have to fork out way more money with some girl rather your wife, because your wife knows your finances somewhat so she knows her limits (sometimes), but those new girls will suck you dry lol
haha, that is so true. Luckily she isnt the needy type who always wants something all the time and wants the most expensive of something. Hardest thing is cutting down going out for dinner. That gets expensive fast.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:45 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

^

Story of my life, this is how she acted after i let her drive the Z to LA one time, now she drives every time lol
So that's a good thing. It means she will likely want to keep the Z around for a while. My wife actually likes being the passenger, so it's all good.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM
stuartc323

haha, that is so true. Luckily she isnt the needy type who always wants something all the time and wants the most expensive of something. Hardest thing is cutting down going out for dinner. That gets expensive fast.
Haha Gotta hit the grocery store bro. Ralphs is your friend my boy, Ralphs is your friend.

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
So that's a good thing. It means she will likely want to keep the Z around for a while. My wife actually likes being the passenger, so it's all good.

Yeah your absolutely right it is nice, but she has her little slk350 now so she is all into modding worse than I am. First thing she bought was some headlights, after they were on she goes "that was so much fun i want to do more, lets get an exhaust" lol I knew i created a demon.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:51 AM
JHancock89

Just bought my first Z yesterday. GF is a country girl and has a SUV for us to use when we take the kids with us. I always wanted a Z so I figured "I'm over here in the 'stan, I can afford it now, so I'm gonna get me one". She laughed at me for being a "city boy" and wanting a "girly sports car". First thing she wrote me after it was delivered was "Your car is sexy. You gotta teach me to drive it when you get home since I don't know how to drive a stick." It's a '03 6MT with test pipes and a Borla exhaust. I think i'm gonna take my time teaching her.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Azzerare

my lady's got her own Z
we are a gearhead household. we support each other and plan to mod competitively against each other when her Z is running again. She has a 91 Z32 that we're pretty confident will be in solid shape when we replace one of the heads that was leaking and both gaskets. then comes the interior which is currently almost nonexistant but she's got an rx8 to daily drive.
And I've got my Z33
We're in the garage together almost every day at least for a little while

I feel awful for all the guys talkin about having to keep their passion for cars to themselves. The only turbulence we hit is when either of us buys a part that we really couldn't afford :P

That one time I let her have both spots in the garage :P

Last edited by Azzerare; 07-16-2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added pic
Old 07-16-2013, 11:44 AM
350Z Project X

Haha Gotta hit the grocery store bro. Ralphs is your friend my boy, Ralphs is your friend.
thats what ive started doing now. All walmart and ralphs. I told her next time i spend money on my car dont complain because you spend money on your dog. she agreed
Old 07-16-2013, 01:28 PM
1973camarolt

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Azzerare
my lady's got her own Z
we are a gearhead household. we support each other and plan to mod competitively against each other when her Z is running again. She has a 91 Z32 that we're pretty confident will be in solid shape when we replace one of the heads that was leaking and both gaskets. then comes the interior which is currently almost nonexistant but she's got an rx8 to daily drive.
And I've got my Z33
We're in the garage together almost every day at least for a little while
Azzerare you're lucky! I'm slowly convincing my girl to mod her car, little by little.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Quattrone21

I bought her a nice Maxima..... my clutch cringed everytime she got in.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:04 PM
garnerequestria

Originally Posted by harry350z
Hi
A majority of Z owners are guys. Guys in a relationship with a woman. And then there is your Z. The love of your life. She gets all your time and attention : you cringe over speed umps, you baby her, your weekends on tracks and mods.
And then comes the inevitable question : "do you love the car more than me?" and you stutter. It's all down- hill from there.
Share your experience of spousal jealousy here. Any funny stories of 'it's either me or the car'.
Well...im a she and ive collected Z's since i was 18 years old starting with a 240, a rare 2+2 260, three 280's, 300(z31) and (Z32) and now my 350z. I wax my car twice a week. I have $1800 rims on it. My Z gets more time with my cell camera than anything else. My man bought me my 350 last year knowing my love for z's. THANK GOODNESS he doesnt get jealous of it because it will be my Z everytime lol
Old 07-23-2013, 04:21 PM
GreyZ33Track

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, Considering how much my wife HATED my Corrado....due into the Cost of keeping a $4k year old '92 on the road, she doesn't give me too much grief about the Z. She just hates I won't let her drive it to work....IF you saw her curbed wheels and thousands of paint chips from I-5, you would know why...not to mention is an overagressive lane changer...lol But she has her G, I have my Z
Mine:

Hers:
Old 07-23-2013, 04:37 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

My wife and I are now expecting our 2nd child. I looked at her after we found out and she said, "I would never ask you to sell your Z." Then I looked at her again and she said, "Yes you can keep your Evo too."

Wooohoo!