Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Crumby Gas Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PerfZ
I still think the rules should require all new members to read the Top 100 and the Quick Index though.....
^^^+ This..Plus a test to verify they understand!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 PM
hank3

First off let me apologize to anyone who was offended by my negative cutting reply in post#3 to PerfZ’s sarcastic post #2.

O.K., this is what I’m feeling. I asked a very simple question that really doesn’t require very much technical knowledge about a relatively simple topic: Fuel Injection Cleaning. I asked for someone with some experience to help me out.

I didn’t get a cordial response from anyone saying something like welcome to the group a high five or anything remotely like that but that’s o.k.

In post #4 cow came back with a non-hostile response as did F34RL355 in post #5

I wasn’t offended by iideadeyeii it was funny enough even if I wanted to drive in sixth like an ***.

Post #7 seems like a non-confrontational response with a little light humor, a sentence that defines my “mods” (or lack thereof) and ended with “Thanks for helping”

Once again cow answers in good form in post #8 with a couple of basic questions and a couple suggestions like tire pressure.

JCITY in post #9 makes a few good points.

In post #10 zswickliffe (and you know you did) insults JCITY, so I start to think that hostility may be endemic to this Forum at least with some people with nothing better to do than criticize fellow members even if they are noobs like me.

cgkp0925 says in post #11 Everyone is lazy and that’s why there are 133,579.479,231 threads about gas mileage. but in his defense does approve the use of Seafoam as a gas additive and this really answers my question at least as a second step to checking my tires which did happen to be low at 28psi.

The fact that there are figuratively speaking 133,579.479,231 posts on gas mileage strengthens my original request for a simple answer to a simple question on a relatively simple topic. Like any other forum there are lots of threads and posts about just about everything. Is it really wrong for someone that is not yet familiar with a site to ask a question, or should your administrator mandate the suggestion in post #20 that all new members read the Top 100 and the Quick index.

In post #12 I’m accused of not supplying my year or engine mods that were previously stated in post #7 and at about the same time I’m replying to JCITY who in post # 9 asks some pertinent questions.

O.K. I flame PerfZ in a most hostile manner I’ll admit and decide to tone it down a bit in an edit session, but not before cgkp0925 engraves it in stone in post #15, and fans the flames a bit more by lighting me on fire. As the saying goes “You can’t un-ring a bell”. So PerfZ I apologize.

I defend myself in post #16, think I am correct in my assessment and don’t add any fuel to the fire.

KornerCarver is not what I’d call hostile in post #17 but insists I research the supposed 133,579.479,231 posts to get my answer. I know a lot of people put a lot of effort and thought into their threads and would have definitely appreciated some links. I didn’t hear myself say “I wouldn’t listen to the people who can or will give advice (this implies that there are some that are not “willing” to give advice and would rather hang me out to dry so-to-speak rather than give me some advice.

PerfZ In sincerity, thanks for the link https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=16416199 but it only provided a mixed bag of 133,579.479,231 threads some having all kinds of stuff other than Gas Mileage maybe mentioned in a couple of posts.

PerfZ post #20 No harm no foul o.k. looks like you are toning down a bit and you do ask a useful question “what method he is using to compute mileage” O.K. There are only two ways I know. Call me a masochist but I’m just looking at the mpg gauge on the dash.

Again I apologize to anyone I’ve offended, but if I’m naïve I don’t expect to be met with hostility (no one like that). If I say something dumb (and I will) I don’t expect to be made to feel dumberer. I’m sure I will learn to respect and admire the knowledge of many my350z.com forum members and appreciate their research.

Hank
Old 12-06-2012, 11:26 PM

Damn! I didn't even get a mention!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:03 AM
whatZheck

Hank3:
If you had spent 25% of the time/energy that you spent on your last post in your initial post, there would have been fewer questions, some answers, and possibly fewer flames. Specifics should be the default when asking that complex of a question. You do need to do some of your own research, your chances of being the first owner with a specific problem are low.
I am kind of new here, not sure if the Golden Rule applies. The "ask a stupid question..." rule is in effect, from my research.
Welcome!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Post like I talk

Originally Posted by zswickliffe
Your posts are always the hardest to read. So scattered and unorganized, especially on the mobile site. Besides, he mentioned the year/model a few posts up.

My apologies.
Old school here,don't use or know what the "mobile site"is or,do I much
care.However,I'll take an educated guess that you are deep in the
world of text.That is,tell me what I want to hear as quickly as possible.
Don't bother me with any add ons.I just don't have the time.I'm
late going to the gym...This forum means different things to different
people.To me,its more conversational.If you can help someone out,so
be it.We all win.
Apparently I have the time,you don't.
Thats O.K.

Last edited by JCITY; 12-07-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:49 AM
cgkp0925

Originally Posted by hank3
Is it really wrong for someone that is not yet familiar with a site to ask a question, or should your administrator mandate the suggestion in post #20 that all new members read the Top 100 and the Quick index.
Most people don't come back with a thorough explanation like that. They'll say f*** you guys and this site like Dugan did, but that's a different story. Kudos.

OP, you should have gotten a direct PM once you signed up explaining the basic setup of this forum, on top of reading the 100 top faqs. I know I did when I first joined back in March 2011. Check your PM.

There's also a specific sub-forum on here where new members introduce themselves fyi. Just search around on here. Trust me, you'll find about 99% of what you're looking for on the Z. I have.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:54 AM
zswickliffe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JCITY
My apologies.
Old school here,don't use or know what the "mobile site"is or,do I much
care.However,I'll take an educated guess that you are deep in the
world of text.That is,tell me what I want to hear as quickly as possible.
Don't bother me with any add ons.I just don't have the time.I'm
late going to the gym...This forum means dufferent things to different
people.To me,its more conversational.If you can help someone out,so
be it.We all win.
Apparently I have the time,you don't.
Thats O.K.
Deep in the world of text? What? I was trying to be constructive so you could better get your point across.

OP - one of the unfortunate things about this forum is we have new people post the same topic that was posted a week (or day) ago over and over. People start to get agitated and then you come along, make one mistake and everyone calls you out. Just in the future try to search and better educate yourself on forum rules. Don't give anyone a reason to be an *** and they won't be.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:10 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

OP - telling you that there are multiple threads on the topic is merely the way we let people know that there is a Search function. Your response that you are NOT going to use it gets you off to a poor start around here - if you are not willing to put in any effort to fix your problem, why should anyone else?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:04 AM
hank3

Good Morning my350z.com Forum Members,

Originally Posted by zswickliffe
One of the unfortunate things about this forum is we have new people post the same topic that was posted a week (or day) ago over and over. People start to get agitated and then you come along, make one mistake and everyone calls you out. Just in the future try to search and better educate yourself on forum rules. Don't give anyone a reason to be an *** and they won't be.
Agree

Originally Posted by PerfZ
OP - telling you that there are multiple threads on the topic is merely the way we let people know that there is a Search function. Your response that you are NOT going to use it gets you off to a poor start around here - if you are not willing to put in any effort to fix your problem, why should anyone else?
Agree

“Multiple Threads” is a problem with ALL forums not just this one. A lot of guys spend a lot of time or visit the site at least once a day and yes there it is “another noob asks the same damn question” that’s been asked 133,579,478,231 times before. Dang it do I have to look at that again? Everyone that’s ever visited a forum knows there are those that will get pissed at this, that and the other thing. Then there are some that will be more resourceful. Doing a search does not always give you what. People will mention “gas mileage” in a thread “What don’t you like about letting other people ride in your car" and there it is on page 6 post# 67 an answer like “Fat chicks give me bad gas mileage” You catch my drift.

Personally I keep a word file that looks something like this:

Gas Mileage
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...s-mileage.html

Additives
http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-u...treatment.html

I certainly don’t want to do a noobs research but I do want to be friendly, help him out and not make him feel like an idiot. So in two seconds I should be able to open my “Forums Threads” file, scroll down to the topic and drop him some links to the best few threads on any given topic. That’s just me. Another solution to the problem would be to offer a “Beginners Corner” where a noob like myself could get started and not bother some of the long time forum members.

Anyway, I’m on to finding some SeaFoam today and will report back. Hope everyone is cool.

Hank

Last edited by hank3; 12-07-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:35 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hint on Search - use the Advanced Search feature after the Search tab, put your multiple words in quotes, and select Titles Only. That will cut down on the results. And again, it will get you a lot more info than starting a new thread. When I posted the link a few posts back, it originally went to the results but I see now it doesn't, so agree that Search leaves a bit to be desired until you learn how to tweak it a bit.
It's all cool. Now don't be one of those folks who never lets us know how things turned out - another aggravation to some. :cheers:
Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 AM
cgkp0925

search too. I do this most of the time when I give up on the forum's search function. Look OP, your thread pops right up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=350z+gas+mileage&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=eZ2&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&q=MY350z+gas+mileage&oq=MY350z+gas+mileage&gs_l=serp.3... 9830.12238.0.13109.6.5.1.0.0.0.66.297.5.5.0.les%3B..0.0...1c .1.M9wLb3Nuujs&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=36ad7c09 67172426&bpcl=39650382&biw=1920&bih=951

Last edited by cgkp0925; 12-07-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:04 AM
ParanoidAndroid

seafoam is the shiaT!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:53 AM
ShadowHunter66

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

First off let me apologize to anyone who was offended by my negative cutting reply in post#3 to PerfZ’s sarcastic post #2.

O.K., this is what I’m feeling. I asked a very simple question that really doesn’t require very much technical knowledge about a relatively simple topic: Fuel Injection Cleaning. I asked for someone with some experience to help me out.

I didn’t get a cordial response from anyone saying something like welcome to the group a high five or anything remotely like that but that’s o.k.

In post #4 cow came back with a non-hostile response as did F34RL355 in post #5

I wasn’t offended by iideadeyeii it was funny enough even if I wanted to drive in sixth like an ***.

Post #7 seems like a non-confrontational response with a little light humor, a sentence that defines my “mods” (or lack thereof) and ended with “Thanks for helping”

Once again cow answers in good form in post #8 with a couple of basic questions and a couple suggestions like tire pressure.

JCITY in post #9 makes a few good points.

In post #10 zswickliffe (and you know you did) insults JCITY, so I start to think that hostility may be endemic to this Forum at least with some people with nothing better to do than criticize fellow members even if they are noobs like me.

cgkp0925 says in post #11 Everyone is lazy and that’s why there are 133,579.479,231 threads about gas mileage. but in his defense does approve the use of Seafoam as a gas additive and this really answers my question at least as a second step to checking my tires which did happen to be low at 28psi.

The fact that there are figuratively speaking 133,579.479,231 posts on gas mileage strengthens my original request for a simple answer to a simple question on a relatively simple topic. Like any other forum there are lots of threads and posts about just about everything. Is it really wrong for someone that is not yet familiar with a site to ask a question, or should your administrator mandate the suggestion in post #20 that all new members read the Top 100 and the Quick index.

In post #12 I’m accused of not supplying my year or engine mods that were previously stated in post #7 and at about the same time I’m replying to JCITY who in post # 9 asks some pertinent questions.

O.K. I flame PerfZ in a most hostile manner I’ll admit and decide to tone it down a bit in an edit session, but not before cgkp0925 engraves it in stone in post #15, and fans the flames a bit more by lighting me on fire. As the saying goes “You can’t un-ring a bell”. So PerfZ I apologize.

I defend myself in post #16, think I am correct in my assessment and don’t add any fuel to the fire.

KornerCarver is not what I’d call hostile in post #17 but insists I research the supposed 133,579.479,231 posts to get my answer. I know a lot of people put a lot of effort and thought into their threads and would have definitely appreciated some links. I didn’t hear myself say “I wouldn’t listen to the people who can or will give advice (this implies that there are some that are not “willing” to give advice and would rather hang me out to dry so-to-speak rather than give me some advice.

PerfZ In sincerity, thanks for the link https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=16416199 but it only provided a mixed bag of 133,579.479,231 threads some having all kinds of stuff other than Gas Mileage maybe mentioned in a couple of posts.

PerfZ post #20 No harm no foul o.k. looks like you are toning down a bit and you do ask a useful question “what method he is using to compute mileage” O.K. There are only two ways I know. Call me a masochist but I’m just looking at the mpg gauge on the dash.

Again I apologize to anyone I’ve offended, but if I’m naïve I don’t expect to be met with hostility (no one like that). If I say something dumb (and I will) I don’t expect to be made to feel dumberer. I’m sure I will learn to respect and admire the knowledge of many my350z.com forum members and appreciate their research.

Hank
TL;DR
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Pikes 350

Gee I had no idea that someone must have asked this question before. I'm not looking to research 133,579,478,231 threads on the topic and I'm certainly not looking for an a-hole answer from someone like you. I'm also pretty certain (at least I hope not) that you are the "Star of the Show" on this Forum and there are a bunch of helpful fellas ready to help a noob out.

Sorry you felt compelled to answer my stupid question,

Hank
ROFL think again.. think how old the Z is.. think how old this forum is. now think how many people will say the same thing. EVERYONE WILL. theres a search function on the top. instead of being a lazy @$$ and creating a thread for a fast answer, do some research on your car.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:42 AM
clarkah

Asking for help with aggressiveness... Ehh there are really some kind people out there.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:20 AM
stuartc323

No, he had already posted his response to the first post and was more interested in flaming than answering a question and didn't bother to read the next post where my "mods" were listed. Just because Perf is an old time member doesn't give him the right to jump all over me. If you want to defend him fine. I'm sure there are some guys that will see my point and help rather than focus on criticizing.

Hank
Dude calm your ****, if you would have read the rules of the forum before you came on here,you wouldnt have got flamed for being a noob. Secondly, your making all the Z drivers from LA look like **** and its embarrassing, stop it. Your not anyone important. You came on our forum and when you got told to do something we all had to do when we started, than got butthurt when you got **** on, take a seat and learn to read and search.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 AM
stuartc323

and your complaining about gas mileage? Get a Prius. Your tripping because that trip on the 110 to the 105 to the 605 to the 57 is shitty on gas? Dont buy a sportscar you cant afford, because you want to look cool. GTFO.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:23 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Will some kind MOD out there please close this thread?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 PM
cow

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Will some kind MOD out there please close this thread?
There'd been no posts in the thread for two days until you bumped it.

Try the post report button if you actually want to bring an issue to the staff's attention.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:14 AM
hank3

Well the SeaFoam worked great! Mileage went from 13.9 to 19.0 city. So thanks for the help.

Hank

Quick Reply: Crumby Gas Mileage