Experience with Import Parts Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 05:22 PM
AshMan
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dholmblad
Installing a clutch and flywheel is not modification. I should not have to be a car expert when ordering, you should receive what is ordered. And I did do pretty extensive research before pulling the trigger, unfortunately it didn't include comparison of a used flywheel and new flywheel.
If it wasn't a modification, then why didn't you go with an oem clutch & flywheel from a Nissan dealership? You're kidding yourself if you think it's not a modification. Jwt is a much better flywheel compared to stock.

Your jimmies are rustled, plain & simple.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:57 PM
dholmblad

Originally Posted by stuartc323
The problem is though, you saw there was a problem off the bat when you opened the box and looked at the flywheel. You knew it was something wrong enough to call the vendor and ask if it was ok. Im sorry if i have to go through all that and they say "oh the damage wont affect performance" my response would have been "ok and you guys wont mind just shipping me a new one than", not "oh well i really need this part installed." If you really needed it installed that should have gave you more reason to get a new one. im sorry but i fail to see the point of your thread other than bashing the vendor for your mistake.

I saw that there was a problem with the clutch, the vendor assured me that was just normal for brand new parts from the manufacturers. Didn't find out the flywheel was used until my transmission was out of my car. Explain how that is my fault. I did not make this thread to bash the vendor. I made it so people would be more aware and inspect parts from any drop shipped vendor. Included the vendors name because I wasn't sure who had the same type of business model. Long story short I didn't get what I paid for.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:08 PM
jv350z

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

How do you pay twice for parts error, you sound worse than OP. Do you not do any research on the parts your buying to go on your car? Is this not taken seriously enough that it is your car or do you just have full trust in a mechanic? im lost because these stories dont make sense. No way would i even set a mechanics appointment before having my parts in my hand AFTER they have been shipped to my house. I also INSPECT my parts and make sure everything looks like its supposed to. Its common sense to know when parts look wrong, especially if you did enough research on them.
What does research have anything to do with anything here? did anybody other the wrong part?

I ended paying twice for a brake job because I ordered some brake rotors and pads. Got them delivered. All looked great. Turned out one of the rotor boxes was mislabeled (good part # - wrong part). Passed my eyeball test. Same at the shop. The job was started....ohhh shiett. Put back the old stuff. Get a little speech as to this is why you should have bought the parts from us. Get "corrected" part delivered. Do the brake job another day.

Looking back, sure I should have done a more thorough inspection for my sake, I'll give you that. But I have a feeling that this is where you would think all the blame belongs.

Like the OP, I have never laid eyes on a clutch or a flywheel so I guess I'm SOL when it comes time to "mod" my car.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:11 PM
freddys 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

everyone knows they supposed to inspect parts. its your fault for not fully inspecting the parts before install. seeing wore off anodizing is and easy sign to see.

also, ipp is just a vendor. the blame should go to jwt who sent you the used part, not ipp. ipp did what any vendor could do, but since you did not want to spend the money on your part,(labor) it falls on you. if anything you should of contacted the manufacture like your supposed to do.

ipp have supported my car club for a while now with no hiccups. so i support them fully.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM
hellman_x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So OP gets a part not new as advertised and was given the advice that it would not effect performance, and this is his fault how? I assemble computers to sell and when I buy parts brand new am I expected to inspect every chip and capacitor to make sure it is all soldered correctly? I have gotten bad motherboards before and had to RMA after the computer was already assembled but I guess it's my fault. Retarded comments, stop with the IPP nuthugging.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:29 PM
dholmblad

Originally Posted by freddys 350z
everyone knows they supposed to inspect parts. its your fault for not fully inspecting the parts before install. seeing wore off anodizing is and easy sign to see.

also, ipp is just a vendor. the blame should go to jwt who sent you the used part, not ipp. ipp did what any vendor could do, but since you did not want to spend the money on your part,(labor) it falls on you. if anything you should of contacted the manufacture like your supposed to do.

ipp have supported my car club for a while now with no hiccups. so i support them fully.
Your logic doesn't really make sense. The liability should not fall upon the end user, ever. Oviously i do my due dilligence to check to part for major defects. but what if the situation bad of been different, and they sent me a 2003 flywheel instead of 2008 explain how the fault would fall upon me. If the liability was not supposed to fall upon ipp, I should have been directed to jwt but I was not.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:23 PM
AshMan
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Originally Posted by AshMan
If it wasn't a modification, then why didn't you go with an oem clutch & flywheel from a Nissan dealership?
well?

Originally Posted by hellman_x
So OP gets a part not new as advertised and was given the advice that it would not effect performance, and this is his fault how? I assemble computers to sell and when I buy parts brand new am I expected to inspect every chip and capacitor to make sure it is all soldered correctly? I have gotten bad motherboards before and had to RMA after the computer was already assembled but I guess it's my fault. Retarded comments, stop with the IPP nuthugging.
Removing & replacing a MLB is easier than removing & replacing a clutch/flywheel...

If a customer brought you an old busted video card & wanted you to install it, what would you say?
Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,293 Likes on 1,017 Posts

~16k spent with Kyle…the only bad incident with a walbro fuel pump, the power connection was chipped, he got one in the mail that day…everything else was great…will do business with him again.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:04 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by hellman_x
But when you got the bad motherboard did you till after you installed it or before? and yes you are supposed to do that you build computers that you sell, the simple fact that you dont check your parts tells me i wont be buying your computers.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:09 PM
stuartc323

Your logic doesn't really make sense. The liability should not fall upon the end user, ever. Oviously i do my due dilligence to check to part for major defects. but what if the situation bad of been different, and they sent me a 2003 flywheel instead of 2008 explain how the fault would fall upon me. If the liability was not supposed to fall upon ipp, I should have been directed to jwt but I was not.

Because if you would have knowingly still tried to install a 2003 flywheel on a 2008 car because someone told you it doesnt affect performance, even though you know it doesnt look right. than the the blame is on you. there is no way you can spin this to make it seem like they have to take some blame for this.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:37 PM
muffles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do when you decide to put the faulty parts on your car anyways, especially when you know you need a new one because your old one is going out.
Wait...you think IPP should have paid? Or did you misread my post?

Not really what I was looking for. I already planned to sell the car after a short time, but $37 is kind of a joke to me.
So you weren't looking for them to pay to uninstall? But you said you would have got the garage to put back the old parts if you thought IPP would cover the costs - sounds like that's what you were after?

The thing is, you can't usually get compensation from consequential losses.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 PM
freddys 350z

thats what im saying, the fault is on JWT not ipp. ipp offered a return or partial refund. the op opted for the refund.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 AM
P&K350Z

This was not IPPs fault. I have bought most of my parts from IPP, which is to say quite a few transactions and they have always been phenomenal.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:54 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

As mentioned OP should've contacted IPP first. IPP is one of, if not "the," best vendors on this site. I know the owner and sales guys personally and they would NEVER steer any customer wrong. I have a good feeling there is A LOT more to this story.

Also since you sold/traded your 350Z who cares? EVERY member that has ever traded in a modified cars knows they did it because of the problems it was causing. LMAO!!!

OP... Move on.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:57 AM
Zmandriving

Originally Posted by myork
99% of online retailers have the items dropped shipped directly from the manufacturer - that is exactly why they are able to offer such low prices as compared to brick and mortar stores.

I don't see where IPP did you wrong - they offered to compensate you or if you return the parts they would replace them.

It was your timetable that made this improbable, not a lack on IPP's part.

Sorry but I just dont see any fault with IPP here.
Honestly have had 0 issues from import parts pros. I use them to buy most of my parts for my car and have never had a problem.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:00 AM
VQpwr03z

sorry to hear about this... i have ordered from IPP before and never had an issue, great customer service and fast shipping.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:33 AM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Shop could've pulled one over on you. Transmission dropped? Use the JWT or buy a new one from them. Money, money, money. Uneducated consumer gets burned.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:37 AM
dholmblad

Originally Posted by Robert_K
As mentioned OP should've contacted IPP first. IPP is one of, if not "the," best vendors on this site. I know the owner and sales guys personally and they would NEVER steer any customer wrong. I have a good feeling there is A LOT more to this story.

Also since you sold/traded your 350Z who cares? EVERY member that has ever traded in a modified cars knows they did it because of the problems it was causing. LMAO!!!

OP... Move on.

Nope not really any more to this story. I didn't receive what I ordered, that's the bottom line. I check to ensure the parts looked like the ones on the website, and that they were not split in half or something. i contacted ipp because the clutch had some issues, they assured me this was from normal manufactering. only after i had the transmission out of my car did i find out the parts were used. ipp offered to give 10% of the flywheel which would bring the part to "used" price, which is again not what i ordered. ipps loss, while I did get rid of my z I stayed within the family and upgraded.

I care because I want to ensure no one else gets put in this situation. To make people aware that they need to go over every part they recieve from drop ship companies.

Last edited by dholmblad; 12-28-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:48 AM
silvertouringz

I've dealt with IPP 20+ times and i'm overseas. Kyle was always helpful and their products were up to my expectations.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 AM
stuartc323

mods please /thread OP just dont get it.

Quick Reply: Experience with Import Parts Pro