2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Experience with Import Parts Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 06:54 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by dholmblad
I care because I want to ensure no one else gets put in this situation. To make people aware that they need to go over every part they recieve from drop ship companies.
So your complaint is with JWT and not IPP as IPP tried to correct the situation. But you choose to continue with the product and now you're unhappy on the car you don't even own anymore.

As mentioned... You're opinion has no weight since IPP has one of the best reputation in the Nissan part industry and a longevity here at MY350Z with a highly satisfied customer base.

In the end you just need to STFU and move on.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 411 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
The problem is though, you saw there was a problem off the bat when you opened the box and looked at the flywheel. You knew it was something wrong enough to call the vendor and ask if it was ok. Im sorry if i have to go through all that and they say "oh the damage wont affect performance" my response would have been "ok and you guys wont mind just shipping me a new one than", not "oh well i really need this part installed." If you really needed it installed that should have gave you more reason to get a new one. im sorry but i fail to see the point of your thread other than bashing the vendor for your mistake.
^ this.

The only person in this story that put your ***** on the table was the shop that did your labor, and you fault them little to none. The #1 person who screwed up was you my friend.

sorry OP, your feelings are valid, but your logic is faulty.
Everyone is telling you a valid truth.. adjust your mentality to match and youll better enjoy modifying cars.

Everyone wants NO MARGIN pricing from people on customer parts, yet expect huge corp call center-like customer service.. " I want a full refund or you pay for xyz etc" .. its simply not reality.

Last edited by bmccann101; 12-28-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:39 AM
stuartc323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from many years of serving customers, they think as soon as they spend money the company is at fault for everything, in this case it was not the company at all, or their business practices, just a retarded consumer, like the rest of 'murica.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:58 PM
canadarob

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Had a similar/different issue with a JWT flywheel from IPP. Bought the combo for my DE and it came with the flywheel for a HR. I checked all my part numbers on the boxes a week before I installed it and they were correct. I then installed the flywheel before noticing the timing pattern was different then my oem flywheels timing pattern.
This was just a simple mistake by JWT not IPP and IPP immediately rush shipped me a new correct flywheel within a couple days.
I learned my lesson to always do research on the parts (or get your installer to research) then inspect the actual part itself and not the packaging as simple mistakes can happen.
A company's character is shown in how they handle these situations and I believe IPP did you right especially since it was not their mistake. If you'd like IPP to inspect all their products directly from the manufacturer and change their "business model" then expect non competitive prices.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:00 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by canadarob
Had a similar/different issue with a JWT flywheel from IPP. Bought the combo for my DE and it came with the flywheel for a HR. I checked all my part numbers on the boxes a week before I installed it and they were correct. I then installed the flywheel before noticing the timing pattern was different then my oem flywheels timing pattern.
This was just a simple mistake by JWT not IPP and IPP immediately rush shipped me a new correct flywheel within a couple days.
I learned my lesson to always do research on the parts (or get your installer to research) then inspect the actual part itself and not the packaging as simple mistakes can happen.
A company's character is shown in how they handle these situations and I believe IPP did you right especially since it was not their mistake. If you'd like IPP to inspect all their products directly from the manufacturer and change their "business model" then expect non competitive prices.
QFT
Old 12-28-2012, 02:01 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,594 Likes on 2,051 Posts

I have had no issues with IPP. Sorry you did. Is the clutch working properly? Did the mechanic think there will be a problem?

EDIT.

You sold the car? Did you disclose the replacement parts were used hen installed?

Last edited by e30cabrio; 12-28-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:46 PM
seymore4
Professional

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

OP why didn't you order the parts through the shop that was installing them? I've heard good things about Hill's garage, I'm sure they would have given you a competitive price...

But no, you wanted to skimp and save and get rock-bottom prices on everything. Sometimes you pay a little more and get a lot better customer service
Old 12-28-2012, 04:48 PM
dholmblad

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
I have had no issues with IPP. Sorry you did. Is the clutch working properly? Did the mechanic think there will be a problem?

EDIT.

You sold the car? Did you disclose the replacement parts were used hen installed?
Only put about 1000 miles on the clutch so it was just broken in. Sold the vehicle because it was having issues with exhaust and I felt like it was only a matter of time. Didnt disclose replacement parts besides that they were after market, it was to an Infiniti dealer.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:51 PM
dholmblad

Originally Posted by seymore4
OP why didn't you order the parts through the shop that was installing them? I've heard good things about Hill's garage, I'm sure they would have given you a competitive price...

But no, you wanted to skimp and save and get rock-bottom prices on everything. Sometimes you pay a little more and get a lot better customer service
Wish I had of, hills garage is great. However I ordered the parts and was going to have them installed by local shop, but changed to hills because f their reviews.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:04 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Please explain exhaust issues so had to trade in?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:32 PM
dholmblad

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
Please explain exhaust issues so had to trade in?
Car kept throwing p10a code or what ever sensor bank 2 is. Had cats and o2 sensorsreplaces under warranty. Been dealing with this code for over a year. Code was still thrown, so nissan wanted to replace other parts that I'd have to cover. Nissan wanted to do troubleshooting much like pin the tail on the donkey. wanted new car anyways, something little more comfortable so I went with a g37. Loved driving the z, but ill probably wait until I can afford a new one to get another.

Last edited by dholmblad; 12-28-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 PM
jomamahama

Originally Posted by canadarob
I think we found out who put the tool marks on your bolts OP!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:29 AM
stuartc323

lmfao ^
Old 12-29-2012, 05:37 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,594 Likes on 2,051 Posts

Originally Posted by dholmblad
Only put about 1000 miles on the clutch so it was just broken in. Sold the vehicle because it was having issues with exhaust and I felt like it was only a matter of time. Didnt disclose replacement parts besides that they were after market, it was to an Infiniti dealer.
Ok, so to sum up. You chose to use the part, there were no issues with the part and you no longer have the car so it cannot become an issue for you.

But you found it necessary to bash one of the best vendors on the site.

IMHO not cool.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:41 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
Ok, so to sum up. You chose to use the part, there were no issues with the part and you no longer have the car so it cannot become an issue for you.

But you found it necessary to bash one of the best vendors on the site.

IMHO not cool.
QFT