Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anybody have a turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:16 PM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

To answer your question OP, 2.5" exhaust should be alright depending on what size turbo's you go with. I went 3" all the way out just to be safe...
Old 03-09-2013, 09:45 PM
FlamesOFDarknes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tough crowd on my350z.com forums...go somewhere else kid, lol.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:37 AM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

you tube clip = hilarious
Old 03-10-2013, 04:26 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We dont run turbos we run turbonators...ftmfw
Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Planetwister

Originally Posted by FlamesOFDarknes
tough crowd on my350z.com forums...go somewhere else kid, lol.
More like a bunch of dousche bags that don't want to help, just make fun of people. I'm done with this site. Almost every post the first couple responses are people just telling you how stupid you are
Old 03-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ yep he is stupid.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:11 AM
ProChargedZR

Originally Posted by RENFRO
Just snag a vortech kit and run it on your stock block. Plenty of fun, streetable power to be had with a little room to grow if you want to up the power later on.

Turbo on a built block = $$$ and that's just the engine. What about the rest? Do you have the newer CD009 transmission? Clutch/Flywheel to handle the power? What about suspension and brakes to keep the thing on the road? At LEAST a factory VLSD? Cooling upgrades? Methanol? What about tuning? You on stock wheels and tires?

As you can see, there are tons of variables that come into play when you talk about that kind of power. I'm looking to go for a vortech on my stock block, but I've still got plenty of things in line to get my Z prepared (up to my standards) for the extra power.

Best of luck
I am going to agree with this. I have a Procharger, and with their basic set, made 346RWHP. It's a fun setup, and when I start looking to build the engine, I can replace the pulley and retune.

I really like the Procharger setup, too. The only bad thing is that the oil for the SC is self-contained and has to be changed out every 6,000 miles. You also have to use Procharger's oil and can't use just any regular oil.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:17 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,305 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by Planetwister
More like a bunch of dousche bags that don't want to help, just make fun of people. I'm done with this site. Almost every post the first couple responses are people just telling you how stupid you are
We just make fun of dream builds, rice builds, and people who want to be spoon fed. How hard would it have been for the OP to spend 30 minutes reading info in the Forced Induction section?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:20 PM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^Exactly, why help someone who won't help themselves.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:07 PM
HanoverZ

I'm in the middle of a GReddy TT build and here's what I've paid so far.

Complete GReddy TT 18g kit with intercooler $6k new
Engine parts (pistons, rods, FRS, injectors, etc.) ~$3k new
Engine machining (including valve job), re-assembly, and balancing $2.7k
Eibach coilovers $600 new

Shopping around does wonders. I've bought all of my parts (besides my injectors) from vendors and they're all name brand and brand new. You don't need $15k for just a built block like other people were saying, but it does take a lot of time, research, and money.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ you need it if you aren't doing the labor yourself and engine management / tuning isn't cheap.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
l2iceman

This is pretty much every forum with an established base lol I don't mind...makes me try to research as much as I can to avoid getting handled like the OP
Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM
FlamesOFDarknes

Like I said, people will troll on you or give the response you won't like. Just try to get along. And hopefully at the end you will get your answers. Don't let it bother you man. Good luck!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:33 PM
omgitsweasel

If you dont look at life and immediately realize that most people are idiots, then you too are an idiot. Its just luck of the draw, you cant fix stupid genetics.
However, you can be an idiot and still know how to read and comprehend.
If you're too dumb to comprehend the matter at hand, then you shouldn't be doing what you're doing.
Plain and simple.

By the way, its spelled "douche".
Old 03-10-2013, 08:57 PM
HanoverZ

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
^ you need it if you aren't doing the labor yourself and engine management / tuning isn't cheap.
I know it's not, but it still isn't anywhere near $15k for a longblock lol. Unless you buy Cosworth shortblock, Cosworth heads, and fully dress it with brand new OEM accessories bought at retail price. I wasn't talking about labor, tuning, etc. :P
Old 03-10-2013, 09:21 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

go to any forum and ask one of the 1000 questions that are asked 2-3 times a week and you will get the same response. you honestly expect to be spoon fed? why are we going to use OUR time so you dont have to spend 2 minutes searching to find all the information asked? pretty much your saying "**** you guys my time is more important then yours" and you expect to get a warm reception to that? thats a bigger douchebag move then anything we say so yah course we are going to tell you to **** off. if someone came on with something that hasnt been covered a million times they would receive a much better response.

for instance if i started a thread about a secondary nitrous/meth quick spool fuel system engaged with the anti lag i guarantee you there would be a large amount of interest and actual decent responses(i wont though because its not my idea its something i was reading on the turbo forums.)

bottom line is if the op cant help himself theres nothing we can do for him and even if we help him if he cant use a search button then he is getting in WAY over his head.

Last edited by jerryd87; 03-10-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 AM
1GR8350Z

I don't which one I find more entertaining, the dumb a$$ op who comes on a 350Z forum asking if anyone has a turbo or the idiot who piggybacks on him to say what he has to say about the forum.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OP you won't get help on this subject. You don't have the knowledge to do this. You are severely under estimating the money it takes. You can love your car all you want, it won't pay for $10K rebuilds AFTER your built motor craps out it something happens, and it always will.

Yeah, a very powerful car is fun. It's what you ***** imagine and MORE. It also turns the passion you have into a labor of love, and will dry the wallet quickly. It pushes everyone to the extreme, thats why most FI members are "newer"

My suggestion if you want to keep on loving the car...don't build it.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:29 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
OP you won't get help on this subject. You don't have the knowledge to do this. You are severely under estimating the money it takes. You can love your car all you want, it won't pay for $10K rebuilds AFTER your built motor craps out it something happens, and it always will.

Yeah, a very powerful car is fun. It's what you ***** imagine and MORE. It also turns the passion you have into a labor of love, and will dry the wallet quickly. It pushes everyone to the extreme, thats why most FI members are "newer"

My suggestion if you want to keep on loving the car...don't build it.
Well put Alberto.

I am very surprised of the sincere response! Can't believe you didn't tell him to kill himself lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
Well put Alberto.

I am very surprised of the sincere response! Can't believe you didn't tell him to kill himself lol.
Same here. I was hoping for some classic brutality

Quick Reply: Anybody have a turbo?