Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

car delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 06:28 AM
Formula1Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car delivery

i have a quick question for those of you wh had to have you cars special ordered. how long did it take from the time you made your deposit to when the car arrived at the dealership. thanks, any help here would be good
Old 01-22-2004, 09:28 AM
fuzion

while I didnt have my car special ordered and was lucky enough to find a matching model close by, from what I hear the wait is 3-4 months.

That is, if you make an order in which they must wait till your car arrives from Japan. My advice is if you do not want to put up with the wait, check dealers in the vicinity you are willing to drive to. More than likely you will find one using this method.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:30 AM
OP Z

about 2 1/2 months
Old 01-22-2004, 10:05 AM
jnx

Ask the dealer, How long did they tell you?
Old 01-22-2004, 10:54 AM
mofoz

dealer told me orginally one month but it was realilistically 2.5 months. I knew it was gonna be about 3months, but i figured i would see what ended up happening. It has to come from japan if you customize yours.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Formula1Warrior

wow, thanks alot for the responses, it helped me out alot.
i havent picked a deal yet as there are about 7 that i would consider talking to.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Bertg

Ordered mine the first week of December 03, and my dealer tells me the car should be here first week of March 04....give or take a few days.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:45 PM
kovalf

Default Re: car delivery

Another option is to go to www.nissan-usa.com. You can search the inventory of any dealer within a 100 miles of a zip code, and nothing can stop you from putting in zip codes for anywhere you want. I ordered a Roadster on 4 November that is scheduled to arrive on or about 6 February, which will make it 3 months. However, I've noticed while I was loitering around Nissan dealers like a sick pup waiting for my Z to come in that there seems to be a lot more Z's on the lot now than there were in November, at least in Maryland. You may be able to find exactly or near exactly what you want in stock somewhere.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:42 PM
Norel350Z

Dealer here in Garden City new york told me my car wouldn't be in till dec 04 when i placed my order back in oct 03.... i went home, got on the computer found my car in NJ, about 70 miles away, and went back to my dealer here, asked them to trade a car for that car. They refused to do it, trying to call my bluff, after i had already put down a deposit and signed the papers.... Turned around and went to NJ, got an ever better deal, and had the car one week later...
I learned two things, one Garden City Nissan is the biggest bunch of jerks ever, and one of the worst dealerships ive had the miss forture of doing biz with, On the flip side, Defeo Nissan of Jersey City, was amazing, and im planning on buying my next car from them, as is my family... in the long run it just goes to show that you just gotta do your home work, if the dealer won't do it for you

Ny350z actually wound up getting the car i ordered from Garden City, funny to see the car that was going to be mine, belong to someone else
Old 01-22-2004, 04:45 PM
hansumiam

Ordered mine in early December and I've seen the order and it is being delivered the week of Feb 13.......so about 2 and a half months.....Hope that helps
Old 01-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Formula1Warrior

so is does the dealership put in a request for that car with the specified options and then wait for it to come in, or do they just have you wait until a so-equipped z arrives in the u.s. not that it matters, im just curious.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Formula1Warrior

o yeah, while im thinkin about it, do any of you have a preference for sirius or xm sat radio. im leanin toward xm but im wonderin if either offer any advantages im not aware of.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Formula1Warrior

anyone? your info is really helpful
Old 01-22-2004, 07:05 PM
detroit59

From what I was able to pick up, you can custom order a car with the exact options you want. The Z's that are scheduled to arrive at a particular dealership are ordered by that dealership. They will order whatever they can sell the most of.

When it comes time to place more orders, they can order your Z with the exact options you want, as they know that Z is sold as soon as it arrives on their lot. If they happen to locate the car they ordered for you, they can always "acquire" that car so you get it faster. They would probably give the dealership one of their Z's, and then will sell the car they ordered for you to any customer willing to buy it.

When it came time to buy my Z, I initially planned on placing an order, as I wanted the car a certain way. My dealer was going to place my order on a Monday, but forgot. That Wednesday, I went back in and found out they forgot, so I worked with them and found one scheduled for delivery in a month to one of their sister stores. It wasn't the exact car I wanted, but nonetheless I took it.

Bottom Line: If you have to have the car the exact way you want it, order it and wait approx 3 months. If you are willing to compromise, you'll probably get it faster.

Good Luck
Old 01-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Bertg

Originally posted by Formula1Warrior
so is does the dealership put in a request for that car with the specified options and then wait for it to come in, or do they just have you wait until a so-equipped z arrives in the u.s. not that it matters, im just curious.
Yes give a deposit, and the dealer puts in a build order to the factory with the options you want, and should be able to give you an actual order number. A VIN number is assigned later on.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Formula1Warrior

i think that i would place the deposit and wait , if im going to pony up $35000+, i want it to be what i want with no comprimises. what about satellite radio, anyone have preferences for xm or sirius.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Norel350Z

hmmm im not sure as far as the sat radio goes, ive been debating the samething myself... im thinking of getting sirius simply because its been rumored that Opie and Anthony will be returning to Radio in June via Sirius, if thats true then i def. plan on getting a subscription.. other then that i really don't know much about sat radio

As for the ordering process the way it was explained to me is that once you put down the deposit they start to look for the car, if they can't find it then they will do a build order. The catch is alot of dealers do their build orders either monthy or every two months, its not like they can call up the next day, and get the assembly line rolling. This may change from dealer to dealer, but I would check if i where you. Once the order is placed then its going to take upto 120 days for the car to be built and arrive. A good dealer will keep looking around for a similar car in the mean time, in the hopes of finding a similar car another dealer. For me i found the car with everything i wanted plus the cargo package, which i really didn't want, but took it
If they do locate the car, chances are they will have to do a Z for Z swap, on a car with such a high demand like the Z they are not going to trade a quest for a Z.
Hope that info helps

Last edited by Norel350Z; 01-23-2004 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Corsa999

Hey, I just spoke with the sales manager today at Frost Nissan in Newton, MA and he seemed to have no problem ordering a SB performance Z and having it at his dealership within 6 weeks. I told him that this was very surprising to me yet he reaffirmed his statement. He is going to verify with Nissan on monday and I'll post here if it's the truth. Anyone think he's lying or misinformed? Seems like 3 months is the norm.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:07 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally posted by Corsa999
Hey, I just spoke with the sales manager today at Frost Nissan in Newton, MA and he seemed to have no problem ordering a SB performance Z and having it at his dealership within 6 weeks. I told him that this was very surprising to me yet he reaffirmed his statement. He is going to verify with Nissan on monday and I'll post here if it's the truth. Anyone think he's lying or misinformed? Seems like 3 months is the norm.
The first thing that a dealer does when you order it is to check the inventories of other dealers to see if they have a match to what you want. If they do, he will try to trade for it. That would get you the car in a week or two. (When I placed my order, the dealer called back a couple of days later that he found two "matching" cars, both were across the country and he wanted me to pay $1000 to have it trucked here.)

The next thing they do is see if something arriving at the port of entry matches your desired car. If they find something and it's not already destined to fulfill another order, they will try to get it routed to their dealership.

If those two fail, then you're in for a three month wait for it to come from the factory. The wait can be longer depending on the timing of when the next monthly order for your dealer is placed.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:53 PM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered 1/2/03 and arrived on 3/25/03.

Quick Reply: car delivery