2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone else notice...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:22 PM
FlamesOFDarknes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every car has a bad name to it, why care? If you care so much about the name than just walk.

Rx-8 better than the Z? Who cares? Good for you, my roller blades are better than the Rx-8. Do you care? Nope. Do I care? No.

350z's are fast for it's kind and faster than some cars out there, but they are not the fastest. But who cares? They look sexy and its fun to drive.

A hot babe with big ***** and sexy perfect body good enough for you even if she don't know how to work it in bed? Who cares?

Nothing in this world is the best or perfect. There will always be hatred, likes, love, something better, blah blah blah on and on.

Who cares if there's Z owners acting like they the ****? Let them be ****. You just be yourself and have a good time with your Z and enjoy life BRAH! :P
Old 05-21-2013, 01:45 AM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^well said.

Down here where I live, I keep a very low profile and talk about my Z only when asked. Way too many nicer cars here so I would only look stupid if I brag about the Z(there's nothing much to brag about it TBH).

I cruise down the road, a 458 Italia / Modded GTR / Murcielago zooms past by, reminding me to always be modest and be happy with what I have.

Last edited by 350Zdj; 05-21-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:08 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

If someone talks about their Z, it's stock! Just ignore them along with anyone that owns a stock sportscar...

If it's modified and they talk big game about how fast it is, then they didn't build it...

If it's fast and they know what their talking about, you then listen or move along...

Last edited by KingBaby; 05-21-2013 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Iphone
Old 05-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I thinks it's the people where you live. Every Z owner I ever came across (All Z owners inculding 260Zs, 280Z, 300ZX, 370Z) they all wave, flash their high beams at me, beep their horn or flick their wipers at me with a thumbs up or a wave. That's one thing I like about my car because I feel like I also joined a family or a club. I have yet to come across a douche Z driver but I came across more than my fair share of douche G35 and G37 drivers.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:54 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back when I first got my Z, the owners I met were awesome. Mostly older guys who had previous Z cars.

When you get a car with a heritage, you find a lot of people who go back to it because they owned a previous iteration. Those are the cool folks.

The ones who aren't so cool are usually the kids driving their dad's car or the ones who got a car worth more than anything they will ever contribute to society. Stay away from them.

And if you think Z owners are obnoxious, talk to some M-series drivers or anyone in a high-end Audi. It's a 50/50 shot whether they will be cool or laugh at your car regardless of what it is.

Also, if I may, cut the sh*t out where someone is not allowed to love their car unless there is nothing better. "The Z is slow, why do you like it?" Everything is slow or cheap compared to something else. Let people have their fun.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:57 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zach711f
There are dooshes in every car model. Now that the z is affordable to kids almost everywhere, there are going to be more.
This and who cares what 'everyone' else does.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
Back when I first got my Z, the owners I met were awesome. Mostly older guys who had previous Z cars.

When you get a car with a heritage, you find a lot of people who go back to it because they owned a previous iteration. Those are the cool folks.

The ones who aren't so cool are usually the kids driving their dad's car or the ones who got a car worth more than anything they will ever contribute to society. Stay away from them.

And if you think Z owners are obnoxious, talk to some M-series drivers or anyone in a high-end Audi. It's a 50/50 shot whether they will be cool or laugh at your car regardless of what it is.

Also, if I may, cut the sh*t out where someone is not allowed to love their car unless there is nothing better. "The Z is slow, why do you like it?" Everything is slow or cheap compared to something else. Let people have their fun.
Hey man, easy with the M-series drivers man.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:30 AM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Hornlesscow
first off its general discussion so i just want to have a friendly discussion, and second my point is has anyone else met people like that or is it just the white people in maine who are douchebags?
you racist?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 AM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyK1
I love my Z and I pet it every day when I walk by
i don'[t pet her because scratches...

Originally Posted by Hornlesscow
you guys are right and i know its not all z owners and this site is proof but i have met 5 owners in maine the only nice one was an old guy with a blue roadster and we actually had a nice conversation but the rest are around their 20's and one of them today was saying because i never had my car "shut off" i shouldnt even own a z. i have my crazy moments but i dont want to risk my life or my z by going 157 for no reason. we own very nice and respectable cars but i hate where its going. one of the best parts of my 8 was i was one of 3 people in maine with one and the other 2 looked nice clean and stock.

oh and being young is no excuse for douchebaggary im 20 years old and i have never acted like a big shot. one thing i will never forget was one night with my rx8 me and a random cts got into a race we flew by a state trooper going 125+ we got away and pulled next to each other in a hookah bar parking lot and just chilled there smoking hookah and laughing untill it was safe to go home. the cts couldve ditched me sooo easily but stayed a car length ahead and let me keep up. i love friendly races like that. there is no need for "my car is better than yours" because its not true.
just contradicted yourself bro

well said
Old 05-21-2013, 05:49 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

The stock z will only do 155 anyways
Old 05-21-2013, 05:55 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Since Zs have gotten cheaper to get, you have tools from the Honda scene acquiring them to have "#driftcarbro". I have seen tools in every aspect of the car scene. My opinion, find new Z people to hang with.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:06 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
The stock z will only do 155 anyways
Aren't all Japanese cars (except GTR and LFA) electronically limited to 155? I've read somewhere i think on this forum or on another Z forum that with the governor scrambled or tampered with the 300ZX twin turbo, 350Z, and 370Z can reach speeds of up to 175mph.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 AM
ProChargedZR

Originally Posted by RUNWDVL
I think there is certain car guy not necessarily z's. some I run across are Honda and mustang guy. There gonna be some douches.
Yep....

We used to have a guy in our group that would always ask to race and say that Maximas were specifically designed to beat Accords (I had a 98 Accord V6 with a Comptech SC and quite a few other mods). My reaction was always "You're right. Nissan was specifically thinking of racing against the Accord when they designed the car. Much less they were thinking your stock Maxima will be able to keep up with my modified Accord.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by ProChargedZR
Yep....

We used to have a guy in our group that would always ask to race and say that Maximas were specifically designed to beat Accords (I had a 98 Accord V6 with a Comptech SC and quite a few other mods). My reaction was always "You're right. Nissan was specifically thinking of racing against the Accord when they designed the car. Much less they were thinking your stock Maxima will be able to keep up with my modified Accord.
The 350 had the e46 m3 and porsche boxster as their specific target rival cars to compete both for price for performance. Idk if nissan, honda, and toyota made their halo sedans to compete in performance really. More like price wise and avaible options because people who buy those cars don't have performance on the top of their list.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Flick Montana

Originally Posted by Jah70
Hey man, easy with the M-series drivers man.
Man, 50% chance of being a douchebag WAS going easy on the M drivers, man.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Man, 50% chance of being a douchebag WAS going easy on the M drivers, man.
Oh man, that was nice of you, man.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 AM
ProChargedZR

Originally Posted by Jah70
The 350 had the e46 m3 and porsche boxster as their specific target rival cars to compete both for price for performance. Idk if nissan, honda, and toyota made their halo sedans to compete in performance really. More like price wise and avaible options because people who buy those cars don't have performance on the top of their list.

You are absolutely correct in all aspects of your statement. Sedans, for the most part, are built to compare options/luxuries. However he was very adamant that his stock Maxima could outperform my heavily modified Accord.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Mikeman92

You should see Miami. I'm young as well (20) and I'm still saving up for mine. I still debate it sometimes though because I see so many people my age who act like *******s or wear sunglasses in a full tinted car. They tend to "go fast" all the time, rev the engine around no one that cares, and just generally not pay attention on the road.

Makes me feel I shouldn't buy one.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:56 PM
optimusprim3

Originally Posted by mattleegee
joins in march

already thinks his Z is the fastest on my350z.com

Originally Posted by Mikeman92
You should see Miami. I'm young as well (20) and I'm still saving up for mine. I still debate it sometimes though because I see so many people my age who act like *******s or wear sunglasses in a full tinted car. They tend to "go fast" all the time, rev the engine around no one that cares, and just generally not pay attention on the road.

Makes me feel I shouldn't buy one.
Dude I'm 20 and I own a Z. I'm not an assh*le about it though, in fact my coworker the other day complained that I drove like a grandma even though I have a "fast race car" hahaha it's true though I always drive the speed limit because I like to show off my Z Plus I love it when people compliment my car and think it's expensive and brand new even though it's an 03. I have rev'd my engine cause I have test pipes and cat-back but only when people ask, which happens quite often, most Z's around my area are usually all stock and are driven by older men

Don't let what others are doing nor what they think of you stop you from driving a car you love.

Last edited by optimusprim3; 05-21-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Flick Montana

Originally Posted by optimusprim3
Dude I'm 20 and I own a Z. I'm not an assh*le about it though
Why would you be?

The whole history of the Z hinged on it being the every-man's sports car. It performed like cars from a higher income bracket. It let blue collar guys feel what Porsche drivers bragged about. How is that anything to lord over someone?

The Z guys I have met own a Z because it was the first real sporty car they ever got to own. It's a car owned by people who don't have to wear a suit to work. That's my kind of people.

The Z badge isn't one that attracts braggarts, from my experience.

Quick Reply: anyone else notice...