Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 03:45 PM
ranger5oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These 17 year olds are going to get into some serious trouble in these cars. Already planning to race... bad news! I think your parents should reconsider buying you these cars. Try driving something else for a while first. I know you think the car is cool, but I question your experience. I think all the adults on this board can vouch we did some stupid $h!t when we were younger, and I fear you will ruin your car or hurt yourselves or others. If you get it, be careful. Listen to the voice of experience!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:17 PM
BmXGenLee

Default Wow

well thank you guys for your opinions and what not... but i dont have 20,000 in hard cash..... im gonna do mod by mod and i have it set out to what i wanna do.. i plan on taking this to the track. i have a Nissan Pathfinder for the winter. Ever since i was 14 ive been driving .. my dad is a car fanatic with an 96 M3 and a VW Corrado and a GTI '00 with some things done to them not sure on year though for the corrado... Hes been into the track for quite a while now and has been teaching me... and yea im going into college soon... hoping for USMA or USCA.... not hoping but praying... And not to sound concieded but my family and i do have some money though were not rich. anywayz.... yea ive done some stupid shyt like race on streets but ive never been pulled over and had 4 friends die already from car accidents which any new yorkers here might have heard of them since they were like 120+ crashes.... its life... and like my friends say live life like your already dead... hate to say it but thats how i see it when im in a car... maybe cuz i have no experience with the real world .. but i guess you do stupid sh*t when your a kid... well... please right back... i greatly appreciate your replies.. thank you
Old 01-24-2004, 06:32 PM
dchengmd

Default Re: Wow

Originally posted by BmXGenLee
yea ive done some stupid shyt like race on streets but ive never been pulled over and had 4 friends die already from car accidents which any new yorkers here might have heard of them since they were like 120+ crashes.... its life... and like my friends say live life like your already dead... hate to say it but thats how i see it when im in a car... maybe cuz i have no experience with the real world .. but i guess you do stupid sh*t when your a kid... well... please right back... i greatly appreciate your replies.. thank you
This pretty much says it all. You admit doing stupid stuff in cars, and you say you've had 4 friends die from it, and yet you STILL continue to drive like it's your last day on earth. Sorry my friend, but this has got to be one of the worst, most idiotic rationalizations I have heard from anyone, regardless of age.

Wait until the day comes when you're driving like a nut and you not only trash your car, but you end up killing an innocent pedestrian on the side of the road. That's not "life" as you say, that's manslaughter, and if/when it happens to you I don't care how old you are - I hope a jury sees what you wrote above and decides to lock you away in prison for a very long time.

There are 2 categories of 'stupid' in youth - the benign kind, and the ignorant kind that will get you and others hurt or in serious trouble. You belong in the latter, and you certainly don't deserve nor qualify to drive a Z.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:52 PM
vic grant

Not much can change the arrogance of youth but bad luck and experience.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Azn03Z

u get 350z or whatever drag car..

1 week later, its totalled.

end of story.

buy a honda or something.

good on gas, good liability cant go wrong =d
Old 01-24-2004, 08:08 PM
98GTi-VR6

Originally posted by Azn03Z
u get 350z or whatever drag car..

1 week later, its totalled.

end of story.

buy a honda or something.

good on gas, good liability cant go wrong =d
I agree....I was lucky enough to get a full scholarship to college in 89, so my parents decided to reward me by getting me a Mustang GT. Had it exactly 1 week (332 miles) before getting into a wreck, screwing around. Hit 2 parked cars , lucky I didn't kill anyone. Car should have been totalled, but damage was just under the amount.

Should've gotten an econo car to get some experience in for a year or two.

"Live life like you're dead" huh? sorry kid, that's exactly how you get yourself (and very likely others) killed.

-Costas
98 GTi-VR6

P.S. Props to your dad... sounds like he's got a good stable of cars there...gotta love the 'Rado!
Old 01-24-2004, 09:17 PM
drivenCSZ

if you want to kill yourself thats all fine and dandy, just do it on an empty road where you cant kill anyone else. and truly i dont really think getting a z is any different than getting say an eclipse or any other boy racer type... doesnt really matter how fast it gets to 60 cause any car can do that you can still kill someone in a car that does the 1/4 in 16 secs as easily as one that does it in 14... by the way Im 19 and do own a 350Z and although i am a very safe driver i do open the car up when i get a chance... theres a time and a place for that stuff. you just have to be smart about it
Old 01-24-2004, 09:24 PM
vic grant

the problem is they think it's ok to put your life at risk as long as they are putting there own life at risk. I know, that's the way I thought when I was 17...some of us are going to die.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:28 PM
BmXGenLee

Default i see

well from what i see you people think im driving on public roads and so... but i drive on streets which are backroads that are never used ... never ... and where big night race's take place. I mean.. if i race someone else and they something happens, its your fault and there's also... but there's smart people in this world and stupid... and im both, book smart, not street smart. and i fully understand what you people say by callin me dumb and this and that... but like i said ... when i get into a car.. everything changes for some reason.. i dont know why but its this one feeling you get and you cant describe it.. maybe i have gasoline as blood ... im probably the dumbest kid on my350z... but some people love airplanes, some love girls, some love money... me.. i love cars...
Old 01-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Azn03Z

ok...
Old 01-24-2004, 10:42 PM
dchengmd

Default Re: i see

well from what i see you people think im driving on public roads and so... but i drive on streets which are backroads that are never used ... never ... and where big night race's take place. I mean.. if i race someone else and they something happens, its your fault and there's also... but there's smart people in this world and stupid... and im both, book smart, not street smart. and i fully understand what you people say by callin me dumb and this and that... but like i said ... when i get into a car.. everything changes for some reason.. i dont know why but its this one feeling you get and you cant describe it.. maybe i have gasoline as blood ... im probably the dumbest kid on my350z... but some people love airplanes, some love girls, some love money... me.. i love cars...
At least you admit you're dumb. What you just said above could just have easily been applied to drug abusers as well. "Book smart, not street smart...when I get my hands on heroin...everything changes for some reason..."

Don't spew this "I have gasoline as blood" BS. You're just an idiot. There's nothing that pisses me off more than a person who KNOWS he/she has a problem, admits it, and yet chooses to do nothing about it. And, to make things worse, this is over something you have TOTAL control over. Nobody is forcing you to drive like a nutcase, and unlike drugs, there is no such thing as a physiologic NEED to street race or drive fast.

Seriously - you need an attitude adjustment. I sure hope somehow your parents end up reading what you wrote so they can prevent you from ever driving a car until you grow a brain because if you drive with the attitude anywhere close to what you express in your postings, you WILL kill someone. Guaranteed. Obviously, that means nothing to you.

Last edited by dchengmd; 01-24-2004 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:48 PM
BmXGenLee

Default hey

yea i see wat your saying... my friends read this thread and say you guys are dumb, though i kinda agree more and more with what you people say... jeez if my parents caught this... omg ... i dont even know wat would happen. i think i should calm my a** down and maybe im soo hyped up about gettin a car though i dont have one yet... maybe thats the reason... maybe im dumb ... well yea i am... but w/e .... this honestly is kinda puttin some sense in me... and its 2 50 here and i just came back from DPA watching some races and saw a guy get pulled over and arrested for speeding.. there goes his car and money... but ... i guess people learn from experience... ill just stick to watching street racing and stick to racing on the track... i have street raced before with friends car but nothin serious... not public roads of course since 3 of my friends died on public roads and 1 on the LIE... but like i was sayin keep replyin so i can get some sense knocked into me...i jumped into this thread thinkin i was the shyt and all... but i guess u older people... and smarter people put some sense into me... thanks .... i appreciate it....
Old 01-24-2004, 11:04 PM
dchengmd

You need new friends. Anyone telling you to 'live life like you're already dead' at 17 is a complete and total moron.

Besides, it looks like 4 of your friends already took that advice to heart. They're dead, aren't they?

One thing I do admire about you - you take our criticism/advice very well. I do applaud you for your open mind. Your friends would do very well to have an open ear like you do.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:07 AM
BmXGenLee

Default yea

well i dont get angry when people tell me there opinions or what they feel. and i was thinkin this over and i guess im just gonna stick to the track and leave it as that.. maybe once in a while if i find an open road nothin go on ill take it but nothing serious. anyone in Northeast ready for this big snow storm.... hope it dont snow at all.. and i wonder how a Z would do in the snow?
Old 01-26-2004, 12:54 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: yea

well i dont get angry when people tell me there opinions or what they feel. and i was thinkin this over and i guess im just gonna stick to the track and leave it as that.. maybe once in a while if i find an open road nothin go on ill take it but nothing serious. anyone in Northeast ready for this big snow storm.... hope it dont snow at all.. and i wonder how a Z would do in the snow?
hey bro...

I'm 23 years old but a 16 year old at heart. For almost a year I dreamt about getting my Z and letting her rip like I had no care in the world. Finally got my Z and I realized how much of a beast this vehicle could be if you treat her wrong. Had I owned this car when I was 16 I probably would have gotten into some major trouble by the second day!

Looking back, I'm glad I didn't get such a powerful car...hell I drifted my first car into a curb taking a turn too fast. I was so lucky no one was around but learned some valuable lessons on a car that was half the power of my current Z. And to think I wanted an NSX at 16!

I honestly don't care how old you are because people can do stupid things at ANY age. Unfortunately, your experience is correlated with your age and people are going to judge you on that. I still get dirty looks from the older crowd and I've had over eight years of driving experience. Sometimes I feel I could use a couple more lessons or some experience.

If you do get your Z...take it easy. I've seen far too many people die, kill, or get hurt in machines that are far less performance oriented. This car, like many others, can be unforgiveable if you carelessly push it the wrong way. I'd hate to see another pic of a wrecked Z on these forums.

Good luck and be safe.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:27 AM
kernel

Default Fast =D

Leon: Oh ****! We got cops, cops, cops, cops!

Dominic Toretto: I said a 10 second car, not a 10 minute car.

Dominic: Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Dominic Toretto: I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those ten seconds or less, I'm free

i guess i could add in more F&F quotes but i think you have the rest covered. =D

Racer wise get an old RX7, style wise get a Z. its going to be quite a few more years i figure before you will see any real power for the dollar. i have read way to many storys on this board about blowing up blocks to even thing you can spend any less then 15 grand for FI. thats compleat block reinforcment + TT. the best bet is if you wanna track a car get something that has something out for it. the mustang was a good example. the RX7 isn't a bad idea hell with that 20 extra grand that will be a mean *** car. the EVO and STI in my opinion is close to being topped out for a 4 Cyl. for a fun get around town and sometime beat the pants off people car the SRT-4 is a good choice.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:11 AM
BmXGenLee

35oZephyR

thanks man you got a point there... im not even sure what i wanna get now?!?! so basically you guys say it aint really worth taking a 350z and hookin that baby up? i was wondering i wanna wait till the Legacy 2.5 GT comes out because that looks like a hot car or the Spec B.... Reply back with your opinions
Old 01-26-2004, 07:08 AM
WayneTN

Default Re: 350z Questions..

Im only 17...350z is gonna be my first car...Will the 350z take on a 2003 Wrx with Blitz BOV and boost control, An 2004 R32, a Mini cooper S, and a GTI with a stage III turbo... im dieing to be in a Z who knows how to drive it...And im plannin on buy a Z around Nov - Jan...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you don't have a lot of driving experience and your intention is to "take on" blah, blah, blah, and you live in the North, my stong advice is to NOT buy a brand new, high-powered, rear wheel drive sportscar. Get something more reasonable with lower insurance and get some more experience on that. Doesn't that make more sense?

WayneTN

Last edited by WayneTN; 01-26-2004 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:13 AM
BmXGenLee

Default Re: Re: 350z Questions..

Originally posted by WayneTN
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you don't have a lot of driving experience and your intention is to "take on" blah, blah, blah, and you live in the North, my stong advice is to NOT buy a high-powered, rear wheel drive sportscar. Get something more reasonable with lower insurance and get some more experience on that. Doesn't that make more sense?

WayneTN
i have 3 years of driving experience and 2 of them were track experience with my dad... i have used cars such as m3 and gti... is that not enough?
Old 01-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

BmX... I say get what you wanna get...It doesn't matter what you get or how you drive it, just use your common sense when you are driving the car and you should be fine...

Quick Reply: 350z Questions..