Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I saw this on FB, I thought I would share

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 06:37 AM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default I saw this on FB, I thought I would share

This was posted on Awesome Sauce Lifestyle FB page.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Tearik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The silver Z belongs to my350z user CH@Dbee
Old 07-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Touge Z

that silver z is clean.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:59 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

It won't go out of style but I sure would get bored of seeing everyone's Z modded like that silver one. It wouldn't give us anything to laugh at, post up, or to flame. So I do appreciate the herraflush look since it does have jdm roots.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 AM
CH@Dbee

Funny thing is, this just proves how small the internet has made the world.....both owners of the other two Z's have already seen it! The guy that owns the 1st Z lives in Europe and didn't really say much. The guy with the blue Z called me a hater and said he'd take any publicity he could get ROFL
Old 07-05-2013, 11:49 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I like your signature...I don't know why folks don't want to build a badass car anymore...

I like your car a lot, just a little lower and wider would be my Z, and handling isn't lost. The behavior of the car is just changed. Driving and attacking a corner in your car would be completely different to my car. I'm not autoX God, so you can cross this post out as gibberish lol.

My local club knows I go fast, and on the local spirited roads I can take a corner faster than the rest.

I just hate the American stereotype of a low car not being able to handle or turn blah blah blah....the Japanese have made this an art of being able to manipulate a car to turn even if it doesn't look like it could. Not defending the blue or yellow car at all. Just reminding folks that there are many ways to go fast and enjoy a Z car. I hate a car that is fast and doesn't go fast...that's my position.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:00 PM
CH@Dbee

Originally Posted by KingBaby
I like your signature...I don't know why folks don't want to build a badass car anymore...

I like your car a lot, just a little lower and wider would be my Z, and handling isn't lost. The behavior of the car is just changed. Driving and attacking a corner in your car would be completely different to my car. I'm not autoX God, so you can cross this post out as gibberish lol.

My local club knows I go fast, and on the local spirited roads I can take a corner faster than the rest.

I just hate the American stereotype of a low car not being able to handle or turn blah blah blah....the Japanese have made this an art of being able to manipulate a car to turn even if it doesn't look like it could. Not defending the blue or yellow car at all. Just reminding folks that there are many ways to go fast and enjoy a Z car. I hate a car that is fast and doesn't go fast...that's my position.
Thank you. I do track my car often and spend 2-3 days a month(at least) in the mountains. I live an hour south of North Georgia mountains and 3 hours south of the Tail of the Dragon. Needless to say, I beat the **** out of my car but I use it the way it was meant to be.

Trust me when I say, any lower than what I am, you're not getting around most tracks without bottoming out pretty bad.

Last edited by CH@Dbee; 07-05-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:15 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Originally Posted by CH@Dbee
Trust me when I say, any lower than what I am, you're not getting around most tracks without bottoming out pretty bad.
Stiffer setup?

I've watched countless tails of the dragon vids and its no where near as aggressive as tantalus here in Hawaii before they slowed it down.

Here's my bucket
Old 07-05-2013, 03:34 PM
HenryLee

^ I like that setup. Looks clean.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:01 PM
CH@Dbee

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Stiffer setup?
This is where things get complicated. Stiffer is NOT always better, as a matter of a fact a lot of time softer shock settings will result in faster lap times and a better performing car.

Car normally puts power down one of two ways:

1: Softer suspension which allows for weight transfer

2: Sticky tires

My car did very well on track with stock suspension and 245mm square Goodyear Eagle RS-A all season tires. People wondered why I was able to pass Z06's and Porsche's in a stock car on crappy tires. It was because my OEM suspension allowed weight transfer to obtain the grip the tires alone did not provide.

Now my shock settings are about 1/2 on my Tein coilovers because I run a 300 treadwear tire. So I have a mild performance street tire(275mm square PSS) with mild suspension settings and it works very well.

If I went stiffer on the shock settings, so I could have a lower ride height with out bottoming out, the car would most likely dart around and become unsettled. The only way I could do this is going to a R compound tire like a R888 to counter-act my loss of weight transfer with a sticker tire.

People use racecars that have VERY little fender gap to justify having a slammed car, when the reality is, those cars can be that low because they are able to run really stiff suspension because they run slicks.

I hope that all makes sense. Your car is just beautiful by the way. I really want headlights like yours and the V2 front bumper but I just can't justify the costs.

Last edited by CH@Dbee; 07-05-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-05-2013, 04:11 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

People use racecars that have VERY little fender gap to justify having a slammed car, when the reality is, those cars can be that low because they are able to run really stiff suspension because they run slicks.

I hope that all makes sense. Your car is just beautiful by the way. I really want headlights like yours and the V2 front bumper but I just can't justify the costs.
It does make sense, and what I put in bold from your post is the main part the scene doesn't get. I figured that out through trail and error with shitty tires along with learn my car over several major and minor changes to the suspension and ride height.

The V3 front and everything to make it functional is under 1k. Z speed under shroud makes it possible to own the authentic Nismo front. I actually looking to trade my headlights for stocks locally. Blacking them out kinda takes something away from the car.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:16 PM
-miltdoggie-

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That set up on that grey stock Z is so stock looking, yet you managed to mess up the quarters... Nice pull brah.

BTW, the irony...

"I made that a few weeks back and posted it on my .com Facebook page"

YET

"Don't ruin its soul by downgrading its handling capabilities for the sake of internet fame. Real automotive enthusiasts care about driving, not blog features."

You may be able to turn on the track but I turn heads on the streets and that is what most of the guys such as myself are about.. ya dig? And if you cannot understand that then I am guessing this is the only way you justify your stock looking z.

Last edited by jerseystyle; 07-09-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: TOU #22 - Street Racing
Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 PM
CH@Dbee

Originally Posted by -miltdoggie-
That set up on that grey stock Z is so stock looking, yet you managed to mess up the quarters... Nice pull brah.
No pull, just a roll:

BTW, the irony...

"I made that a few weeks back and posted it on my .com Facebook page"

YET

"Don't ruin its soul by downgrading its handling capabilities for the sake of internet fame. Real automotive enthusiasts care about driving, not blog features."
It is called marketing.....and guess what it worked cause the post brought a ton of traffic to my Facebook page. Will that result in paid photoshoots? Most likely not, but I also didn't take my sports car and make it handle worse than it did from the factory for it.

You may be able to turn on the track but I turn heads on the streets and that is what most of the guys such as myself are about.. ya dig? And if you cannot understand that then I am guessing this is the reason how you justify your stock looking z.

Hey if parking lot pimping with your YOLO shirt showing off your swag to your homies is your thing, then by all means go for it...I can dig the offsets bro, hollaa!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Touge Z

massive camber is just ****ing retarded. it doesn't even look good.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:32 AM
ZS14RR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sword fight!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:34 PM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

silver Z in OP isnt low enough

king babies should be in place of that one
Old 07-06-2013, 01:57 PM
CH@Dbee

Originally Posted by zerafian
silver Z in OP isnt low enough

king babies should be in place of that one

Old 07-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thread moved since this is not really a media share thread

I will say that depending on where you live people have different tolerances. Since I live in SoCal and we have a massive car culture I can appreciate all styles as long as it's done in good taste
Old 07-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Zswagg

the silver Z is clean but the blue one is pretty dope too
Old 07-06-2013, 05:25 PM
secwind

Function > Form

Clean car CH@Dbee!

Quick Reply: I saw this on FB, I thought I would share