Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stereo install -- pics and all!! (Fixed links)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 11:42 PM
jreiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by nizl

Man what a pitiful excuse for an "amp".
Unfortunately all oem Bose amps I've ever seen are like that. Cheap, small, IC amps. It's frustrating how you have to pay so much for an upgrade that gives you such cheap hardware.

As far as Gcinfl's research and which speakers the amp powers, is everyone *positive* that the amp drives more than just the sub? Is it possible that the powered signal wires from the headunit could just be running up through that harness in some way, and not actually going through the amp? In most other car Bose systems I've seen, they almost always use the headunit to power at least some of the speakers.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:15 AM
ATL350Z

Originally posted by nizl

Man what a pitiful excuse for an "amp".
And what a wonderful place to put it too. Nothing like a hot amp under a big piece of styrofoam.

GC, when you pulled the amp harness and all the speakers went dead did you pull the signal harness or just the power harness?

Hopefully this weekend I will be able to take the backend of the car apart to see what I can come up with, although I have company in this weekend so it might be abreviated. I am going to make sure to bring my multimeter and a small o-scope.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:49 AM
VaGentleman

JUST A QUESTION:

Until either Nissan/Bose comes out w/ a fix or I get to a shop to swap out the amps (listen to me, I don't even have my car yet *S*)...can the leads at the back of the sub unit just be disconnected?

I know this isn't a fix, but it seems that it would at least get rid of the sound of the crappy sub when the system's auto EQ/volume does it's crappy thing.

Thanks

VG
Old 05-10-2004, 09:46 AM
tonyb7957

Default Re: Stereo install -- pics and all!! (Fixed links)

Morning,

I was trying to access the pic file from your subwoofer install. Of specific interest was the stock sub cover modifications. I have a Audiobahn 10" (some new model my son obtained for me) that has quite a bit of excursion. Try as I might, depth of this sub precluded me from fitting the enclosure low enough in car to enable full range of motion of sub. I've seen your install referenced twice, but neither link seemed to work. I also tried to get to "naturalclear" site but this was not possible, either.

Would you please provide a path I can use to review your sub install mods? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for bother.

TB