Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 03:54 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,071 Likes on 6,534 Posts

last time i got pulled over, he showed me the radar gun and asked me what it said... when i said a little over the speed limit (close to 30 over, but was on access rd of freeway), he looked at me and i just point blank said yeah i was speeding but will you at least make it so i can take defensive driving.... well i just ended up getting a no front license plate ticket. thinking he cut me a break since i didnt deny it
Old 10-22-2013, 04:34 AM
Osborn Wu

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xXShadowGraveXx
so i got pulled over a while back by a moto cop for going 79 in a 50 zone. should i be offended cause i was actually going 87? i want to go contest the ticket so i dont have to pay but what are the chances of him showing to court. im in chula vista, san diego county. if i do show up and contest you think he will pull my actual speed on me? the ticket is $240 it will be my first point and i cant go to traffic school cause of a previous ticket.
the ticket is $240 it will be my first point and i cant go to traffic school cause of a previous ticket.
i cant go to traffic school cause of a previous ticket.
cause of a previous ticket.
you seems proud of it...
Old 10-22-2013, 05:03 AM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Your name Shadowgrave is appropriate here as dude, you're gonna get buried if you try to contest it. You may as well turn up, call the judge a ********** and call the cop a liar. Man-up, grow a pair and take what's coming to you. You may be lucky and the cop doesn't show up. I hope it works out for you.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:29 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
This is what is wrong with the newer generations.

There is a complete lack of responsibility for their actions.

Get pulled over for breaking the law and what is the first thing you do? Look for a way to weasel out of accountability.

Pathetic.

Typical spineless mutt.

OP, regardless of what your mother told you while growing up:
1) you are not special
2) you are not smart
3) you are not above other people
4) you are not above other things
5) you are not above the law
6) you will have to take responsibility for your actions
7) you are ugly
8) she wishes she had an abortion

The end.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:47 AM
JERZ350

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just show up and pay your dues. You may be able to work a deal with the prosecutor, pay a higher fee penalty, but 0 points. Either way, don't try and dick around with the law, because theirs is bigger than yours. Don't act like a smartass in court, be humble.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:59 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

You could just pay it.

You could get a lawyer. Some of them are real good at helping. Some aren't.

You could go to court. Then you have variables like:
Plead now and wait for another court date.
Must the LEO show up?
Are there mandatory court costs that you must pay regardless?
Is there a prosecutor or magistrate that is willing to negotiate?
Who is the Judge and what kind of mood is he in?

It is impossible for anyone to tell you what to do. It is a game of chance.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:06 AM
stuartc323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your in Cali so i will give you some advice.

Push back the ticket as long as you can, you get three extensions, each one is about 3-4 months depending on how backed up your court system is, I grew up in Long Beach and LA and it was always backed up.

If you got pulled over by CHP or a county or city that pays its officers to go to court, your fuucked, you said San Diego County, idk if you got pulled over by a city cop or CHP, so that might be something you want to find out.

Go to the court and contest the ticket with a no guilty plea, come back for the actual trial with a defense case prepared. I mean go take pictures, make drawing boards, etc to provide as evidence for why your not guilty.

OR

You can just pay the ticket, ask for traffic school and slow the fuuck down. The officer honestly gave you a break if your ticket is only $240 in Cali, last speeding ticket i had there was almost 390 not including traffic school and he said i was doing 37 in a 35.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:26 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
Your in Cali so i will give you some advice.

Push back the ticket as long as you can, you get three extensions, each one is about 3-4 months depending on how backed up your court system is, I grew up in Long Beach and LA and it was always backed up.

If you got pulled over by CHP or a county or city that pays its officers to go to court, your fuucked, you said San Diego County, idk if you got pulled over by a city cop or CHP, so that might be something you want to find out.

Go to the court and contest the ticket with a no guilty plea, come back for the actual trial with a defense case prepared. I mean go take pictures, make drawing boards, etc to provide as evidence for why your not guilty.

OR

You can just pay the ticket, ask for traffic school and slow the fuuck down. The officer honestly gave you a break if your ticket is only $240 in Cali, last speeding ticket i had there was almost 390 not including traffic school and he said i was doing 37 in a 35.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:42 AM
stuartc323

Yeah dude he put it under two different offenses, Long Beach PD are fuucking petty, that was the first ticket i ever got but it was almost like 7 years ago when Cali was super desperate for money

Last edited by stuartc323; 10-22-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:08 AM
kingdom

The court system is there for a reason. Fighting a ticket is your right

I posted this in a diff thread:

Steps I use to get out of tickets, or at least avoid points on license:

Step 1: reschedule court date last minute

Step 2: reschedule court date last minute

Step 3: go to court, request a "deferral' (glorified bribe to court to drop ticket for fine, saves them money on court time) This is not always available.

Step 4: If the cop that gave you the ticket doesnt show up its dropped.

Step 5: If the cop shows up ask for radar calibration records, if they cant be presented, its dropped.

Step 6: if you get the ticket take an online drivers course to drop the points.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kingdom
The court system is there for a reason. Fighting a ticket is your right
Sure it is.

If you're fighting a ticket you think was unfair, by all means, do it.

If you're fighting a ticket because you want to shirk responsibility for breaking the law, you're a douchebag whether you win or lose.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Syner

Sure it is.

If you're fighting a ticket because you want to shirk responsibility for breaking the law, you're a douchebag whether you win or lose.
Exactly. The courts are in place for unfair cases.

Fighting something you deserve (because you are too immature to take responsibility) wastes court time and taxpayer dollars.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:17 AM
ZS14RR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lesson learned. Best option is to postpone the hearing as much as you can. Hope it lands on a holiday or something.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I remember back in the day when people who could afford a Z didn't cry over $250...
Old 10-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Cjw4050

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are all being lame. Don't act like you haven't ever speeded in your z. This guy is just simply wondering if there's a way out of paying the court a ridiculous fine. Speed limits are set on highways just to make the state extra profit anyways, just take a look at the autobahn's fatality rate compared to our highways. It's significantly less.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:51 PM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Totally lame, bro.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:30 AM
Osborn Wu

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cjw4050
You guys are all being lame. Don't act like you haven't ever speeded in your z. This guy is just simply wondering if there's a way out of paying the court a ridiculous fine. Speed limits are set on highways just to make the state extra profit anyways, just take a look at the autobahn's fatality rate compared to our highways. It's significantly less.
I'd beg to differ. How many of us go almost 40 above limit and be proud of it after being caught?

should i be offended cause i was actually going 87?
This quote is for if you don't think he was proud of his speeding "achievement"

and your analogy assume that the average IQ of murica is on par with germany, and both countries shares a similar amount of traffic and highway distance coverage. first assumption is arguable, but the other 2 are just way out of the questions.

I guess being sensible is the same as being lame nowadays?

Disclaimer: I do speed, but never go over 10 above posted. and usually along with the normal traffic flow.

Last edited by Osborn Wu; 10-23-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:37 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sure it is.

Respectfully disagree. Speeding tickets are all about revenue - see the above post where a guy gets a ticket for 2 MPH over. I'll grant you 87 is asinine but then again, I guess I have been asinine then. Don't make it sound like the guy committed a heinous act against another human being, for the love of god.....he's entitled to his day in court. America and all that......
Old 10-23-2013, 05:41 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

The original poster should pay the ticket and quit complaining. He admits to going 87 mph and is offended because the officer gave him ticket for 79 mph. The officer was doing him a favor reducing the speed to 29 over the limit. I don't know about California, but in most states 30 mph over is the magic number where the fines get really high. Rather than being a douche, he should be thanking the officer for the speed stated on the ticket and be grateful he is only having to pay $250. He admits to breaking the law so he needs to pay the piper.

Last edited by KornerCarver; 10-23-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:48 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Respectfully disagree. Speeding tickets are all about revenue - see the above post where a guy gets a ticket for 2 MPH over. I'll grant you 87 is asinine but then again, I guess I have been asinine then. Don't make it sound like the guy committed a heinous act against another human being, for the love of god.....he's entitled to his day in court. America and all that......
Giving a ticket when someone is 30mph over the speed limit is all about revenue? It's about public safety. He loses control and/or hits someone and an innocent person dies. High tickets for obscene speeds are meant to discourage.

I will, however, agree that some tickets are about revenue (2MPH over the limit is an example).

Quick Reply: speeding ticket