Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I think Jay Evo-R stole my $540 hard earned dollars

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 12:12 PM
znock_007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think Jay Evo-R stole my $540 hard earned dollars

Oh well, I think I am one of the 1000 unhappy customers of Jay. I purchased a Blitz half carbon spoiler 3 months ago and haven't seen it yet. I've sent him at least 20 emails and I've called him multiple times ( he never answered the phone) I also left him multiple voice mails asking him to call me back which he hasn't done yet. He did reply to one of my emails after 5 weeks I purchased the spoiler saying that the spoiler was at the shop being painted. That was almost 2 months ago. I opened up a dispute but Paypal closed it because it was past the 45 days they give you to dispute a transaction. agrrrrrrr. I do not what to do. He doesn't respond to my emails nor calls. The worst part is that I paid $540 dlls for that spoiler. I am about to call Bank of America and dispute that charge but I kinda wanna wait and see if he is going to send it.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

I must have been lucky... My Blitz spoiler got here within 5 days and he responded to all my emails within an hour of each..
Old 10-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you get your $540 dollars of hard earned dollars back.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:44 PM
WillyP28

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After all the stories I have heard, I will never buy anything from Evo-R.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:46 PM
07maximan

I sent him email almost a week ago with no response. After all the horror stories I wont be dealing with him.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

He frequents the370z forum, you might want to try to PM him there

If he doesn't respond then do a chargeback

I wouldn't buy anything ever from him personally and don't know why people continue to insist on buying things from him
Old 10-24-2013, 02:35 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

I recently bought a front lip from his eBay account. I still have the invoice and his eBay user ID if any of that helps. I emailed him before the lip popped up on eBay and never got a response. I don't think I would have ordered anything from him without the eBay protection considering all the negative feedback he gets. Good luck though.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:03 PM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay sells good stuff.Of course,all is made in Taiwan.Don't bother to call him.He will not return a call.EVO-R ells there item throough various vendors.The Z Store is one.
Also,on Ebay they have used several company names:hyper-rev-motors and most recently,westerncustomz.It seems if you have a connection or relationship with
Jay,you'll get better service.I do..I got my Blitz spoiler,perfectly painted within 3 weeks.
Keep in mind,EVO-R does parts for many makes.THey tend to spend time and effort on what is seling& new.Can you blame them?
If you have a GTR,370 you have their attention.
A 350Z which is no longer being produced.
Wait your turn.
Best bet,order your CF stuff from a domestic source.

Last edited by JCITY; 10-24-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:52 PM
RacingBlack350Z

@JCITY
Yes he can blame them because Jay shouldnt be taking his money if he can't deliver with the product. He has every right to be mad and tell people about his experience.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:06 PM
jomamahama

it's that easy to make $540,000 on the interweb?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Castor771

Yeah, the merchant should refund his $ if they can't deliver the product within a reasonable time. I think one to two weeks tops is reasonable unless it's a special order item.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:24 PM
RedScytheZ

Originally Posted by JCITY
Jay sells good stuff.Of course,all is made in Taiwan.Don't bother to call him.He will not return a call.EVO-R ells there item throough various vendors.The Z Store is one.
Also,on Ebay they have used several company names:hyper-rev-motors and most recently,westerncustomz.It seems if you have a connection or relationship with
Jay,you'll get better service.I do..I got my Blitz spoiler,perfectly painted within 3 weeks.
Keep in mind,EVO-R does parts for many makes.THey tend to spend time and effort on what is seling& new.Can you blame them?
If you have a GTR,370 you have their attention.
A 350Z which is no longer being produced.
Wait your turn.
Best bet,order your CF stuff from a domestic source.
This is probably the most ignorant thing I've run across in a while. As vendor you shouldn't accept tender unless you can deliver a product. Or make it clear its back ordered.

Id get my bank involved.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:16 AM
puck77

You absolutely should get your bank or credit card company involved! If that doesn't work, I would get the cops involved. There is absolutely no excuse for taking your money and not delivering. That is straight up fraud/theft. It would be different if he was responding to your emails and or calls with reasonable reasons for a delay but he is not.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:34 AM
JCITY
Banned

The major problem with Jay is communication and production.The lion's share of CF
items are produced in Taiwan.Pieces that are in great demand take up production time
in the large factories that produce this product.You get "specialty" items like a Blitz
design spoiler or a Mines lip,they produce short runs of maybe 10 units when time
is available.You can check online now to see if Mines lips are available for 350's.
They are not more than likely the last run has sold.The buyer may get lucky and order
when the item is in stock.When I ordered a Mines lip years ago,it took me almost 3 months to get due to them being out of production.All I got was the run around
from EVO-R until I figured it out.When buying CF stuff,its good to find a domestic source like Shine and others that have the molds ready to produce the product when a order comes in.In essence,they are never out of stock.In addition,if you ever have to return a defective part to say Taiwan,you better watch out.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:37 AM
JCITY
Banned

Originally Posted by znock_007
Oh well, I think I am one of the 1000 unhappy customers of Jay. I purchased a Blitz half carbon spoiler 3 months ago and haven't seen it yet. I've sent him at least 20 emails and I've called him multiple times ( he never answered the phone) I also left him multiple voice mails asking him to call me back which he hasn't done yet. He did reply to one of my emails after 5 weeks I purchased the spoiler saying that the spoiler was at the shop being painted. That was almost 2 months ago. I opened up a dispute but Paypal closed it because it was past the 45 days they give you to dispute a transaction. agrrrrrrr. I do not what to do. He doesn't respond to my emails nor calls. The worst part is that I paid $540 dlls for that spoiler. I am about to call Bank of America and dispute that charge but I kinda wanna wait and see if he is going to send it.
I alway use AMEX when I do any online transactions.Amex is fantastic
in working for their customer.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:50 AM
stuartc323

It doesnt matter bro. He is running a business, good customer service goes along with that, especially if people are spending hudnreds to thousands of dollars for your products. The customers have a right to understand and know where their products are and how long it takes for shipping, he has every obligation to make sure they understand and know where their products are. Him not answering the phone is terrible customer service and terrible business practices. He sounds like a scam artist.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:57 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

So you knew about all the bad reviews and still purchased from him?

Not justifying what he did, but you kind of brought it on yourself...

It's like shooting yourself in the head with a gun. "1000 people die from this, but maybe, just maybe, I'll be the one who comes out without any injury."
Old 10-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner
So you knew about all the bad reviews and still purchased from him?

Not justifying what he did, but you kind of brought it on yourself...

It's like shooting yourself in the head with a gun. "1000 people die from this, but maybe, just maybe, I'll be the one who comes out without any injury."
It's called ignorance

I would help OP but after I had him removed he avoids me on other forums

Not sure why you could order from someone who has such a poor record of customer service
Old 10-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Waizzz
It's called ignorance

I would help OP but after I had him removed he avoids me on other forums

Not sure why you could order from someone who has such a poor record of customer service
I'd call it stupidity. But "to-may-to, to-mah-to"
Old 10-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Seriously I'd like to know the ratio of shady car part transactions to normal car part transactions. I've experienced like 3 that were completely normal and easy and those were by meeting up personally with members on this forum. Seems like every website these days takes your money for back ordered parts without notifying you its backordered, communication is terrible, or they just run for the hills after you pay.

Quick Reply: I think Jay Evo-R stole my $540 hard earned dollars