Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possibly totaled 350z- Insurance payout?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:07 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

I've been a car insurance agent for over 10 years and I've personally been in an accident where I was a stoplight and pushed into another car.

Although the car in front of me COULD have went through my insurance and my insurance would have paid then my insurance would have to go after the person who rear-ended me.
They choose to go directly through the person who rear ended me instead.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:58 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
I've been a car insurance agent for over 10 years and I've personally been in an accident where I was a stoplight and pushed into another car.

Although the car in front of me COULD have went through my insurance and my insurance would have paid then my insurance would have to go after the person who rear-ended me.
most of us know this.. when he said I was wrong, I just laughed inside.. silly kids think they know everything because of there aunts cousins sisters niece experience. We all have to pay "stupid tax" at one point in our lives and I try to keep that tax low

No one in there right mind would or should accept paying for someone else damage as a result of some dumb *** that cant drive.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:42 PM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii

Originally Posted by 350zchad
most of us know this.. when he said I was wrong, I just laughed inside.. silly kids think they know everything because of there aunts cousins sisters niece experience. We all have to pay "stupid tax" at one point in our lives and I try to keep that tax low

No one in there right mind would or should accept paying for someone else damage as a result of some dumb *** that cant drive.
If you read further I was actually making the statement that deadeye said. The person can go through YOUR insurance to fix their car, and then your insurance needs to fight with the person who initiated the contact. In the scenario I gave with my aunt, the original person bounced so my aunt's insurance had to cover the cost of the car that her car hit. I am unsure if her insurance went up, and I doubt that it did, but at the end of the day her insurance paid out.

I never said I knew everything, I was going off of personal experience.

Last edited by SQuaLZ; 01-16-2014 at 03:54 PM.