Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texting/Smoking Do Not Mix With Driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 03:44 PM
allshownogo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texting/Smoking Do Not Mix With Driving

is it just me or does it bother anyone else?

texting while driving:

1. you're driving and the car in front of you is going extra slow, and even swerving, because they aren't focused on the road.
2. you're at a red light and the douche in front of you is too busy texting and doesn't realize the lights has turned green. by the time you honk your horn, the douche passes through while you're still stuck again at the red light and/or they flip you off while they pass through.

smoking:
1. the car in front of you is a smoker and whenever they blow out the toxins from their body, it somehow lingers into your car.
2. when they're done smoking, instead of disposing of it in their car, they throw it out and flies onto the hood of your car. (this in particular pisses me off).
Old 02-25-2014, 03:47 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

If all that bothers you, you shouldn't be living in a big city.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:04 PM
NOLAGG

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly ^
Old 02-25-2014, 04:06 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,059 Likes on 6,523 Posts

if i remember correctly it is illegal to text and drive in florida. in alot of the newer cars there is no ash tray so where are they supposed to put it out??? if it flies on your hood i am going to say that you are following too close.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:52 PM
kanati

In illinois it's illegal now to do anything with your phone in the car. I *think* the law extends to any electronic device. No tablets, no mp3 player, nothing. You can't even change your destination on the gps unless you pull over first. They are really cracking down on it here.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:02 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee9374
if i remember correctly it is illegal to text and drive in florida. in alot of the newer cars there is no ash tray so where are they supposed to put it out??? if it flies on your hood i am going to say that you are following too close.
Simple... keep a half-full water bottle in the car to place the cigarette butts in and screw the cap back on. No ashes, no nasty smell, and you can throw the bottle away every few days.

Wait, that's too much work for people.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:09 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually honk my horn at idiots sometimes. I see people with their earbuds in, playing with their phones swerving out of their lane. ****ing stupid, and a lack of consideration for the safety of those around you. People are just to self absorbed to pay any attention to anything besides themselves now-a-days.

I especially hate when I'm following at an appropriate distance, and some idiot starts tailing me 5 feet away, and then proceeds to pass/merge into the lane within 1 foot of my car just because there's traffic. All I would have to do would be tap the brakes, and they'd owe me a new paint job, and lots of expensive parts... but I'm not that guy.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Texas325

It happens a lot of times here. Texting, smoking, shaving, make-up, or the combination of the two. I also live in a town where people drive with one headlight burnt out or no headlights during the night and with kids sitting in the front seat without belts.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Justin100

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't worry too much about it, most likely it is integrated within their behavior to text/smoke and drive. I bet if you pulled them over and had a friendly conversation he probably has several traffic tickets for this act.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:14 PM
RedUzziJDM

I see this all the time in Colorado! What can you do....
Old 02-26-2014, 02:26 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,292 Likes on 1,652 Posts

I don't see the problem, I can text, smoke, drink, watch a movie and eat a burger all at the same time.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:13 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree. It pisses me off when I see people texting and driving. I literally almost got side swiped by a person doing that
Old 02-26-2014, 04:39 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Someone posted this on my Facebook page recently. Happened while she was driving, she had the heat on and her car smelled like smoke for days...not to mention what could have happened if it made contact with the dry leaves. When I smoked, I would "pop the cherry" out the window and keep the butt in a door handle or something until I could throw it away. Pisses me off when I see people do it these days, especially if I'm driving the Z. It's disrespectful no matter which angle you look at it.
Attached Thumbnails Texting/Smoking Do Not Mix With Driving-1964879_10151982014619227_1209516395_n.jpg  
Old 02-26-2014, 06:24 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by allshownogo
is it just me or does it bother anyone else?

texting while driving:

1. you're driving and the car in front of you is going extra slow, and even swerving, because they aren't focused on the road.
2. you're at a red light and the douche in front of you is too busy texting and doesn't realize the lights has turned green. by the time you honk your horn, the douche passes through while you're still stuck again at the red light and/or they flip you off while they pass through.

smoking:
1. the car in front of you is a smoker and whenever they blow out the toxins from their body, it somehow lingers into your car.
2. when they're done smoking, instead of disposing of it in their car, they throw it out and flies onto the hood of your car. (this in particular pisses me off).
Not just you. It bugs me too. Texting while driving bugs me more than the smoking portion.

Originally Posted by verdict.
Simple... keep a half-full water bottle in the car to place the cigarette butts in and screw the cap back on. No ashes, no nasty smell, and you can throw the bottle away every few days.

Wait, that's too much work for people.
Definitely too much work. That's why we should all choose the easier option. Let's pack up everything we own and move to a small town, so we can avoid big city problems.

Originally Posted by terrasmak
I don't see the problem, I can text, smoke, drink, watch a movie and eat a burger all at the same time.
You forgot about fapping. You should be able to fap while doing all of the above also...
Old 02-26-2014, 06:28 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848
You forgot about fapping. You should be able to fap while doing all of the above also...
That's what a passenger is for...
Old 02-26-2014, 06:29 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by Syner
That's what a passenger is for...
Good man...
Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 AM
allshownogo

Originally Posted by RUNWDVL
If all that bothers you, you shouldn't be living in a big city.
guilty conscience? i take it you're one of THOSE people that text while driving? two words: pole and thanksgiving.

Originally Posted by travlee9374
it is, however it's only a secondary offense, meaning an LEO cannot pull you over for that violation alone.

and wherever s/he decides to put out their cigarette butts, it sure as hell shouldn't be out the window.

i don't follow too close to anyone. i usually use the car in front of me to gauge, and avoid, any upcoming potholes or debris, so i keep my distance. when you're traveling at 45mph+, if you throw something out the window, it typically flies upward first and then downward.

Originally Posted by mcarther101
I actually honk my horn at idiots sometimes. I see people with their earbuds in, playing with their phones swerving out of their lane. ****ing stupid, and a lack of consideration for the safety of those around you. People are just to self absorbed to pay any attention to anything besides themselves now-a-days.

I especially hate when I'm following at an appropriate distance, and some idiot starts tailing me 5 feet away, and then proceeds to pass/merge into the lane within 1 foot of my car just because there's traffic. All I would have to do would be tap the brakes, and they'd owe me a new paint job, and lots of expensive parts... but I'm not that guy.
i agree with you 100%.

and +1 on the tailgating. i used to be that kid that slams on my brakes when people get too close, then i realized what it can possibly cause. so now, i just let off the gas.

Originally Posted by terrasmak
props to you if you can do it without affecting other drivers. im talking about those that get so absorbed into whatever they are doing and forget about what's going on around them.

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
I agree. It pisses me off when I see people texting and driving. I literally almost got side swiped by a person doing that
exactly!

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Someone posted this on my Facebook page recently. Happened while she was driving, she had the heat on and her car smelled like smoke for days...not to mention what could have happened if it made contact with the dry leaves. When I smoked, I would "pop the cherry" out the window and keep the butt in a door handle or something until I could throw it away. Pisses me off when I see people do it these days, especially if I'm driving the Z. It's disrespectful no matter which angle you look at it.
thank you. my point eactly.

Originally Posted by vo7848
Not just you. It bugs me too. Texting while driving bugs me more than the smoking portion.

Definitely too much work. That's why we should all choose the easier option. Let's pack up everything we own and move to a small town, so we can avoid big city problems.

LOL!

Last edited by allshownogo; 02-26-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:35 AM
VO...
Administrator

and +1 on the tailgating. i used to be that kid that slams on my brakes when people get too close, then i realized what it can possibly cause. so now, i just let off the gas.
+1. That's the mature thing to do. They'll go around you...
Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

The texting while driving i agree. Its kind of funny because before actual keyboards and buttons were eradicated from the phone world i would text and drive all the damn time, then again i did it all by touch and i never had to even look at my phone.

Kinda OT, but still...lol one think i miss about the older phones
Old 02-26-2014, 08:12 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Several years ago I had some guy in his 70's in a big truck tailing me in the slow lane, so I sped up and moved into the fast lane where no one was and was cruising steadily around 72. He followed me all the way over and continued to tail me, for whatever reason I do not know, so I gave him the bird. After about 2 miles of him riding my a$s, I let off the gas to try and get him to cut it out, but he continued and didn't want to budge...

I ended up brake checking him pretty hard (dumb, yes) and then proceeded to gun it. He swerved to the left to miss me and side swiped the concrete median pretty hard and his drivers-side wheel came off. I didn't bother to slow down and continued driving and flipped him the bird once again as I drove off into the distance.

You would think he got the point after that.

Last edited by verdict.; 02-26-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Texting/Smoking Do Not Mix With Driving