Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z car has Character....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Mozi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z car has Character....

I have owned a BMW 320 then 323 and then from 96 to 99 a 1995 911 Porshe (993). I drove the Porsche for 3 years, it was a pleasure BUT...

I got my Z three days ago and I can say that it is three times as nice as owning the 993 from all perspectives. Handling? twice as better... The 996 would fair no better with me. I think it lost all aggressiveness in looks.

Now on to the Z. It is the first time that I feel in love with a car. Man, she is sexy, has an attitude, a purr, I can't get enough. It is like she has her own attitude or something. Sounds silly but that is how I feel.

There is a mechanic here whose been working with Ferraris, Porsches and other sports cars for 5 decades (he is 70). The guy is a genius of his own.... After examining the Z from bumper to bumper, he told me the way this car is built, it should be worth 80 to 100K. He just loves it.

For the people who own Zs and think 911s are a step above what you have, think again.....Big Time.

Mozi

Last edited by Mozi; 02-13-2004 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

You will get to love the Z even more as you keep driving. I have had mine for 15 months and still get the same grin on my face every time I drive.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:56 AM
NothingButZ

as a future fellow Z owner I enjoy reading your post. I am currently falling in love with my car and it hasnt even come yet. I just went to the dealer yesterday and they finally got the VIN in. Shes coming March 12.

Just curious any of you guys before you got your Z ever drive by the dealership every now and then just to look at them?
Old 02-13-2004, 02:21 PM
ZPower

Originally posted by NothingButZ
Just curious any of you guys before you got your Z ever drive by the dealership every now and then just to look at them?
I drive by the local Nissan dealer (not where I bought it though) every now and then to see if any '04's have come out, but none yet. Funny thing is, I'm looking in while everyone else is looking out (at my Z).
Old 02-13-2004, 05:08 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as a future fellow Z owner I enjoy reading your post. I am currently falling in love with my car and it hasnt even come yet. I just went to the dealer yesterday and they finally got the VIN in. Shes coming March 12.

Right before I got my Z I just happened to be at another dealership with some buddies of mine. We were on the sidewalk staring at the Z's parked in the front row.
The dealer came out and asked us with a condescending attitude "You gentlemen need some help??"
"Just checking out your Z's thinking of buying"
"Can we test drive?" (one of my buddies blurted out)

The dealer started to laugh and said "well you have to be willing to buy before we let you drive" and gave us this dirty look.
"Well how are we suppose to know if we're willing to buy without a test drive?"

He snorts and gave us this up and down look sizing everyone up.

Dealer goes "lYou have to be able to buy it....hold on let me get someone who knows more about the Z because I don't know anything about it." (and you're a nissan dealer??) As he walked into his office we turned and disappeared!!!!

No thanks but i'll go home and drive mines

Last edited by 35oZephyR; 02-13-2004 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:10 PM
Z_Coaster

Default Couldn't resist

Driving by and looking at them is what got me in this mess

One Friday night I went to go look at them. I promised myself I would not buy anything and was just curious. Well, after a night of tossing and turning, I was a proud owner the following morning.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

I fell in obZession with it when I visited Los Angeles and drove by the huge Z banner on the Nissan building just off the freeway, just before it came out.....and that was it, I was hooked.....when I finally moved here from Montreal, my baby was sitting in the garage waiting for me. It was love at first sight, and is everyday I take her out! Can't get enough.......looking for another one soon. Liquid Aluminum is next!
Old 02-13-2004, 08:30 PM
silverstoneTT

I think the first looks and maybe a test drive is what gets everyone. I was happy with my audi TT, in love with it, but went to dealer to just see the Z. Two weeks later,convinced parents to trade, did the deal, debated whether to get it or not and went one day set to cancel the deal and not go through with it till I saw the car they had ready for me. Left the TT and have been loving it since.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:56 PM
shimz350z

can i get an "AMEN!?"....i hear ya man...i'm loving it everytime i take a look at it.
Old 02-14-2004, 02:00 AM
35oZephyR

Originally posted by shimZ
can i get an "AMEN!?"....i hear ya man...i'm loving it everytime i take a look at it.
Hah tell me about it!

Everytime I walk into my garage i pause and I'm like "Wow"

I do a double take when I go into the house every night right before I turn off the lights in the garage.

Everytime I park her it's like dropping your newborn off at the daycare.

Theres an unexplained wholesome feeling about this car that can't be explained about in words or these pictures. It's one thing to see a Z on the street whiz by but it's a totally different thing when you walk to it up close, seductively run your eyes across the lines of the car and step inside of it. Then you wrap your hands around that firm leather steering wheel...around those bumpy notches on the wheel....*shivers*

ok it's defintely getting too late!
Old 02-14-2004, 03:37 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
Hah tell me about it!

Everytime I walk into my garage i pause and I'm like "Wow"

I do a double take when I go into the house every night right before I turn off the lights in the garage.

Everytime I park her it's like dropping your newborn off at the daycare.

Theres an unexplained wholesome feeling about this car that can't be explained about in words or these pictures. It's one thing to see a Z on the street whiz by but it's a totally different thing when you walk to it up close, seductively run your eyes across the lines of the car and step inside of it. Then you wrap your hands around that firm leather steering wheel...around those bumpy notches on the wheel....*shivers*

ok it's defintely getting too late!

Very well said.

Not a day goes by that I do not admire the look, the performane and the overall feel...... even after 1 year... Feb 11 was the 1 year anniversary.

Old 02-14-2004, 06:35 AM
SharpST77

omg..stop!!

i want a Z even more now...everytime i go to the dealership..i just sit in the damn car for like 20 mins and the salesman will look at me like im crazy or something..lol

1 more year of saving up, and the beast will be mine.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:49 PM
35oZephyR

Originally posted by fairladyZ in Japan
Very well said.

Not a day goes by that I do not admire the look, the performane and the overall feel...... even after 1 year... Feb 11 was the 1 year anniversary.

Congrats you must be proud!
Old 02-14-2004, 07:53 PM
35oZephyR

Originally posted by SharpST77
omg..stop!!

i want a Z even more now...everytime i go to the dealership..i just sit in the damn car for like 20 mins and the salesman will look at me like im crazy or something..lol

It will be worth it!
There will be times when the quest for your Z will seem grim and you'll grow restless. I've had many nights of just waking up and like telling myself "screw it I hate the Z don't want it no more" Then some mornings you'll wake up and totally want to run to the dealership to go sit inside one. Hell I had like over 600 posts before there was one in my driveway.
Good luck though you'll feel complete once you take ownership of her.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:32 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My car arrived Feb 5th. I picked her up Friday Feb 13th. I ordered her 3 months ago, live 3 1/2 hrs from the dealer and joined a Z club a month before I ordered. I'm hooked!!

But NOTHING prepared me for the nervousness, tinlgy-all-over feeling, jittery, sweaty palmed, totally whipped feeling I had when I saw her, in the showroom, for the first time Friday.

I was star struck. That LeMans color blinging back at me, winking. Those seats huggin' my hips and thighs. I was all grins when I cranked her up for the first time in the dealership. She purrs better than I do. Heheheee...and her scent...well, we won't go there New car smell is an orgasmic thing.

Needless to say I'm in love with this Babe. She's my second Z but my first new Z. My first sports car that's all mine.

Now I know what you guys feel like when you eye a woman of beauty, well rounded and sexy as hell. As a female I can appreciate that feeling, never really thinking I'd feel it, but oh so glad my first affair with this Nissan FairLady. This aphrodesiac Nissan will have me dreaming and tossing all night, just like lastnight.

PEAS.....

Pamela
Old 02-14-2004, 10:56 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Pamela... welcome to exclusive club of Z owners.

Your description of running your eyes up and down... a Z or a beautiful woman... one and the same.. deeeeleeeesheeeeious.........
Old 02-14-2004, 11:05 PM
R.J._Vancouver

Originally posted by SharpST77
omg..stop!!

I here ya, Sharp.
I`ve been saving up over the last year, and sold my SUV.
My performance model is coming at the end of March.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:30 PM
three2seven

I was just in at the dealership to look at the Z. I had no plans
to buy it. THe sales man said, "You wanna drive one". I was at
first shocked then like hell ya. After driving it I was like man this
is going to be a lot of money and a couple months later, got mine.
It pays for the dealerships to let you test drive it that's how to sell cars. Unlike mitsu and dodge, who don't let you drive unless you swear you'll buy one.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:26 PM
SharpST77

Originally posted by R.J._Vancouver
I here ya, Sharp.
I`ve been saving up over the last year, and sold my SUV.
My performance model is coming at the end of March.
congrats man... good luck with the Z

i cant wait until i can get one
Old 02-16-2004, 06:56 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mozi, are there many Z owners in Lebanon?

Quick Reply: Z car has Character....