Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

No Front Plates...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 07:39 PM
ZilvahZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

7 cars in the last 20 plus years without a front license plate and no hassles. Only way police can give you a ticket is while your parked in a lot or for some other reason other than a missing plate.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:15 PM
mgl

Originally posted by ZilvahZ
7 cars in the last 20 plus years without a front license plate and no hassles. Only way police can give you a ticket is while your parked in a lot or for some other reason other than a missing plate.
hmmm.... i got pulled over for my lack of front plate. i wasn't speeding or anything like that. and when i pulled over the cop clearly stated that he pulled me over for a missing front plate, and that since the city has added red light running cameras, that they are strictly enforcing the front plate requirement.

so i put my plate on (in my own special way) it fits snugly behind the grille
Attached Thumbnails No Front Plates...-frtlip.jpg  
Old 02-16-2004, 08:52 PM
TZUNAMI

I got a no front plate ticket in this small city jurisdiction just outside of Houston near the woodlands. I was pulled over for supposedly "peeling out", which was crap because he didn't have me for anything. I postponed the ticket a couple times saying the dealer was waiting to get the bracket in, and havn't heard anything from them in about 6th months. I refuse to put a front plate on this beautiful car.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Zay

This topic has been discussed at length in the past. We even had a cop on the board spewing his gospel about why you need to have a front license plate. But, I have been pulled over for not having a front plate. The cop gave me a warning and a full serving of rhetoric about why I should have my front plate mounted.

That was over a year ago… I still don’t have it on.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:57 PM
topdown-z

Unhappy Front Plate

What would happen if your front plate was stolen off your car and you just realized it when the cop pulled you over.

I guess he would have to write a report regarding the lost or stolen plate....then in California, you would have to go to the DMV and get a replacement for $10.00. That sounds cheaper than paying for a ticket. Even if he issued a ticket, you could bring a copy of the report to court. Kind of hard to be found guilty if you are a victim ???

I wonder how many times you can get your front plate stolen ???
Old 02-22-2004, 06:14 PM
zzzya

Front plate is required in Iowa. Dealership already had the front plate assembly on with my plates when I picked up the car. The cops are pretty strict here and will pull you over every time. Its too easy to see that you do not have a front plate on so you are an easy target.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:19 PM
longbowe

Originally posted by yobri
Passenger side of the dash. I think at least half (if not the majority) of all the board Z members have the front plate elsewhere besides where it belongs.
Yah, I'm one of those that carries it on the passenger floormat. Although most days I'll have it in the middle of the dash, with a Beanie Baby propping it up. I had it on the passenger floormat on "The Night", and put it up on the dash as I got pulled over. Got no problems for it. They didn't even go around to the front to see if I had it or not.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:21 PM
longbowe

Originally posted by FormulaRX
Is California one of those states that have strict laws on having a front plate? Everyone's saying this...I don't own a 350Z yet but I've been driving both my current cars around for 6+ years without front plates and I have NEVER been pulled over for that reason...and I live in So Cal too. Cops always look in my direction but they never notice my lack of front plate...maybe they do but just don't care. Anyway, I hate the front plate cuz it looks ugly and is not aerodynamically favorable...plus on some cars it blocks the radiator.
I never had it on my old Altima either, and never got grief for it.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:23 PM
longbowe

Originally posted by mgl
hmmm.... i got pulled over for my lack of front plate. i wasn't speeding or anything like that. and when i pulled over the cop clearly stated that he pulled me over for a missing front plate, and that since the city has added red light running cameras, that they are strictly enforcing the front plate requirement.

I like! But yeah, I've heard that SF cops are the biggest pains about it.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:02 PM
ZilvahZ

Originally posted by mgl

Sorry to hear you got pulled over for missing plates. I like your fix! I've heard SFPD is getting tougher on missing front plates..since I work in the city I'll have to keep watch out. But so far so good....
Old 02-22-2004, 10:35 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Not only do states vary but the same law seems to be inforced diferently from town to town

I have heard everything in California from people getting pulled over for no front plate to people getting pulled over for something else and having it tacked on to people getting cited while they are parked in a shoping mall

I know that running a front plate is not for everyone, but for those that have to have one, I hope you will check out our 'Zee-Bracket' license plate mounting system for your 350Z.

We now have three dozen Nissan Dealers across the country that care enough about their customers to carry our product and not drill holes in anyone's car
Old 02-22-2004, 10:43 PM
xzbum

Default well...

Police will give you a ticket for lack of front plate when they're running by low budget.

That is what happening in Oregon right now. =(

I'm probably gonna get a 05 Z but I hate to put front plate on my Z...

License Plate Requirements

Last edited by xzbum; 02-22-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:26 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by longbowe
I like! But yeah, I've heard that SF cops are the biggest pains about it.
Oh they are all right!

They are sticklers, I swear. My uncle is SFPD, and I can usually get out of traffic offenses if I present a special card (courtesy card, at best), but it's at an officer's discretion to honor it. Always worked pretty well for me and others that I've known.... well, some officers just want to hand out tickets no matter what. In my experience at least. Some officers handle FP stops like they would with "double the speed limit in residential neighborhood" violations.