Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

No Front Plates...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 06:03 AM
Nothing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Front Plates...

How many of you don't have a front license plate on your car and have you ever caught any beef from the police for it?

N.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Jetpilot718

Default Re: No Front Plates...

Originally posted by Nothing
How many of you don't have a front license plate on your car and have you ever caught any beef from the police for it?

N.

<-- No plate. be smart and carry it with you tho, like under the passenger seat, so if ya get pulled over you can toss it in the front window.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:19 AM
SlamMan

Default Re: Re: No Front Plates...

Originally posted by Jetpilot718
<-- No plate. be smart and carry it with you tho, like under the passenger seat, so if ya get pulled over you can toss it in the front window.
In most places having it in the front window isn't enough. I've never had problems with the cops for it. I did get two tickets from the meter maid because of it though.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:22 AM
WayneTN

No front plate.
No police stops.
No problem.

(Tennessee doesn't require a front plate.)

with apologies,
WayneTN
Old 02-16-2004, 07:32 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Passenger side of the dash. I think at least half (if not the majority) of all the board Z members have the front plate elsewhere besides where it belongs.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Nothing

Where else might one put the front plate? I really don't like the look of having that thing cover my grill... but I don't want to be harassed by the cops... any ideas?
N.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Wags

Audio Pat makes and sells a much nicer mounting bracket. It's still in the grill but looks much better than the buck tooth stock thing. I bought one of his but keep it and the plate in the glove box. Been a little over a year no problems, but Virgina is more surrounded by no front plate states than you are in Chi Town. Good luck... oh, just a thought, I noticed almost no Vettes around here had plates, so I talked to a few of them before making up my mind to go without... take a look around and see if you can spot others getting away with it.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Nothing

How come I have 216 posts and am still a newbie and you have 151 posts and have Finally Got It?
N.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:19 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Nothing
How come I have 216 posts and am still a newbie and you have 151 posts and have Finally Got It?
N.
Well, the mods got together and decided that you were not worthy of graduating newbie status.

:hehe:

Go to the Control Panel > Edit Profile section and change your description there.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:42 AM
grifferjr

Originally posted by yobri
Well, the mods got together and decided that you were not worthy of graduating newbie status.

:hehe:

Go to the Control Panel > Edit Profile section and change your description there.
no front plate here in ohio either. never had any problems from the five-oh. been pulled over twice and knock on wood they never even mentioned it. i do keep it in th ecar, at least that way i can spin a story about how i am waiting for the bracket to come from the dealer. i bought mine used from the dealer and it did not have the front bracket. i did have a friend who got yanked over with a grand prix no front plate. the cop gave him a 75 dollar ticket for some faulty vehicle code or something. thats on top of the speeding ticket. so i guess its always a roll of the dice.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:00 AM
ZShadow

No front plate in Maryland--- and it's easy cash for the cops!
Old 02-16-2004, 12:34 PM
wildone_106

I got mine tied to the passenger side sun visor so if theres any problems I can flip it forward, otherwise it stays up. Never had a problem in WA state (Alot of people are wise to it in this state, I see the crappiest of crap honda's on up with no front plates..which I dont understand why on a **** car you'd be so worried about looks but..apparently so)
Old 02-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

people make fun of me because I have a front licence plate...

Old 02-16-2004, 01:16 PM
FormulaRX

Is California one of those states that have strict laws on having a front plate? Everyone's saying this...I don't own a 350Z yet but I've been driving both my current cars around for 6+ years without front plates and I have NEVER been pulled over for that reason...and I live in So Cal too. Cops always look in my direction but they never notice my lack of front plate...maybe they do but just don't care. Anyway, I hate the front plate cuz it looks ugly and is not aerodynamically favorable...plus on some cars it blocks the radiator.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:24 PM
mofoz

I never put a front plate on and never had any problems. It's one of those things that if you get pulled over for speeding, and the cop is trying to be a di*k he will walk around the car and pick out all the bs tickets he can give.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:28 PM
DiRN

I could be wrong, but I think a missing front plate is a secondary offense for states that do require it, so you can't get pulled over for it, but you can get a ticket for it if you're otherwise pulled over. I'm not sure if all 50 require it now, but I know that some states used to have it optional.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:24 PM
grifferjr

Originally posted by FormulaRX
Is California one of those states that have strict laws on having a front plate? Everyone's saying this...I don't own a 350Z yet but I've been driving both my current cars around for 6+ years without front plates and I have NEVER been pulled over for that reason...and I live in So Cal too. Cops always look in my direction but they never notice my lack of front plate...maybe they do but just don't care. Anyway, I hate the front plate cuz it looks ugly and is not aerodynamically favorable...plus on some cars it blocks the radiator.
i could be completely wrong but i dont think the liscense plate thing is a "pull-overable" offense in and of itself. You have to be caught for something else and then they can tack it on. Kind of like the seatbelt law was and still is in some states. here in ohio that has changed now and a cop can now pull you over for just not having your belt on. whether or not they do thats different, cause the more pull-overs/tickets, the more paperwork, and the less donuts. just a joke, if there are any police out there i did not mean to offend, i like donuts too.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got pulled over for not having a front licence plate... but the ocifer thought i stole the car too...
Old 02-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Wags

people make fun of me because I have a front licence plate...
Who coud make fun of that bad boy... have to admit it does look like it might be stolen though. Pat's plate bracket definately better than stock
Old 02-16-2004, 06:19 PM
SharpST77

i will be using my old plate and that is only for the rear so no front for me...YAY!

Quick Reply: No Front Plates...