Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

UpRev Maps

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default UpRev Maps

2003 DE with question about my uprev tune. I didn't really get to sit and ask as many questions as i wanted to when I got my car tuned a year ago with the tuner. But if you guys could answer some of these that would be great:

1: how many uprev tunes are there? i've heard about base tune and also ARC tune from uprev

2: I do not know which maps I have on the tune. does the basic tune come with 5 maps? I know i have a 5th map because it shuts the car off and doesn't start (only cranks and cranks). is there a way to figure out which maps I have?

3: is there a way to toggle between OEM settings (pre-tune) and Tuned (post-tuned) settings? I would like to toggle between the 2 to feel the difference in power/torque if possible.

4: Thank you
Old 12-09-2017, 09:26 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

I think you have a bit confused.

You have 5 map slots. Not tuned maps. Which is why assuming your car is already modified with injectors or a turbo is why your car cranks and cranks.

You need the tuner to adjust the enrichment cycle, cranking table and K value to make up for the injectors.

Base tune maps are pre tuned generic tunes people or companies have made that work with most maps just to get them to id safety and start up.

As far as how many tunes there are, again you have 5 avalible map slots. But tunes aren't x,y or z. Tunes are literally voltage and map shafts you can custom tune in infinant ways.

Uprev doesn't come with a tune, it's a tuner allowing you access. Which you also need a license with the cable to allow you to start tuning and tweaking the software. But you will need to see a tuner reguardless. While you're there they could just as easily answer all your questions and more about the tuner and what it does.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Bak3rme

Originally Posted by CK_32
I think you have a bit confused.

You have 5 map slots. Not tuned maps. Which is why assuming your car is already modified with injectors or a turbo is why your car cranks and cranks.

You need the tuner to adjust the enrichment cycle, cranking table and K value to make up for the injectors.

Base tune maps are pre tuned generic tunes people or companies have made that work with most maps just to get them to id safety and start up.

As far as how many tunes there are, again you have 5 avalible map slots. But tunes aren't x,y or z. Tunes are literally voltage and map shafts you can custom tune in infinant ways.

Uprev doesn't come with a tune, it's a tuner allowing you access. Which you also need a license with the cable to allow you to start tuning and tweaking the software. But you will need to see a tuner reguardless. While you're there they could just as easily answer all your questions and more about the tuner and what it does.

Thanks
so is this correct:
Stock OEM ECU = no maps (easy enough)
get uprev license = opens your ECU up for tuning, gives u 5 open maps
uprev license + dyno tune after bolt ons = tunes one of the five open maps to give better AF ratio

now if i had a tune after all my bolt ons I should have 1 tuned map and 4 open ones?

correct me if i'm wrong: if you have the uprev base license you get a valet map, a engine cutoff map (theft protection) and you get a tuned map. this leaves with like 2 open maps.

The ARC maps allows you to add on extra features on the open maps such as 2 step, flat foot shifting and standing burnout.

thanks, i should of researched more at the time.
BTW car is NA
Old 12-09-2017, 11:40 AM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts

As far as your 5th map, I would say that it is set as an anti-theft map which is good if you are storing your car, etc. Usually have a good map on #1, maybe timing difference/performance in #2, can have a racing fuel map if you want, and a lower rpm map so somebody can't take your car out and beat it; cuts off at whatever rpm you choose per gear; this is basically how mine are set up, you can choose whatever you want per map so to speak, but you probably end up using mostly one or two maps.

You should be good to go as long as you like your first map or two. With the license you can "log" info. for your tuner to look at (up to 20 parameters I think), that is the old "Cipher" part of rom editor now which is Cipher/Osiris combined. Good luck with it.

Last edited by BigBlue; 12-09-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Bak3rme

good info thanks.

but how do i know what my maps are?
Old 12-09-2017, 06:42 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

I set my map 1 to my standard tune and map 2 as the 2 step function.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:03 AM
seymore4
Professional
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts

Every Uprev tune is done custom for the vehicle being tuned at the time, there are no preset base maps.

The only way to know what maps you have is to ask the guy who tuned the car. Every tuner does it a little differently; some charge extra to set up additional maps, some do it for free, some don't do it at all. Every Uprev tune has 5 map slots, any that are not programmed in the tune will remain stock.

To change maps you use the cruise control buttons:
Hold down set and press cancel for the number of map you want, then release it. Note the light on the dash blinks the number of times of the map you set.

A map that cranks and cranks and will not start would be a security/ anti- theft map.

The ARC features had not been released for DE's a year ago so you do not have that, if you went back and get retuned they could add them for you now.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Bak3rme

Originally Posted by seymore4
Every Uprev tune is done custom for the vehicle being tuned at the time, there are no preset base maps.

The only way to know what maps you have is to ask the guy who tuned the car. Every tuner does it a little differently; some charge extra to set up additional maps, some do it for free, some don't do it at all. Every Uprev tune has 5 map slots, any that are not programmed in the tune will remain stock.

To change maps you use the cruise control buttons:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXY3WGF6huE
Hold down set and press cancel for the number of map you want, then release it. Note the light on the dash blinks the number of times of the map you set.

A map that cranks and cranks and will not start would be a security/ anti- theft map.

The ARC features had not been released for DE's a year ago so you do not have that, if you went back and get retuned they could add them for you now.
that answers it! thanks
is there anyway to turn off the tune to go to what i had pre-tune?
Old 12-10-2017, 06:21 PM
seymore4
Professional
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts

Without reflashing back to stock, no
Old 12-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Bak3rme

Originally Posted by seymore4
Without reflashing back to stock, no
ok thanks!