2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So here's an update on the widebody

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 07:17 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Why do people need to make 100 threads about the same thing?

Why couldn’t you post this in your other thread literally right above this one? That you and others are still posting in...

Also why are you posting this in general. The sub sections are for personal build threads.

I’m now understanding the declining expectations thread
Old 04-07-2018, 07:26 AM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

personally i like it. looks like extendo version of the stillen. Would need really agressive sides and rear to make it work
Old 04-07-2018, 07:30 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

I like the basic look of oem, less is more for me. Anyways good luck with your plans for your Z's exterior mods.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:31 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Threads merged. One will be easier for people to follow your build. gl!
Old 04-07-2018, 08:16 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Not_a_commi
I just posted the bumper I decided to go with. The azexiled NSM front bumper. There's a picture on that post. And I have the HR and everything about that engine bay is tight spacing. I was looking at a long nose because A; I like the way it looks and B; more room to work with. Alot of people run into fitment problems when they decide to boost and they either have to spend hours shaving away at a bumper (like the jp vizage type N) or even having to reshape the front nose entirely. Body work doesnt bother me but when I have to spend 12-16 hours reshaping so that everything looks clean and fits perfect, I kind of want to avoid that. This bumper I'm looking at doesn't cut back too much but I have to find something in the mean time. Once you check out the bumper I'm looking at, you will notice that it's not a long nose. But it also doesn't have the ducts that cut back and a friend of mine on Instagram is running a turbo DE with no problem. I'm a perfectionist lol I just want clean fitment.
Hope you have an understanding of how much it's going to cost to boost a HR. Main reason I am NA with mine and decided to buy another motorcycle instead
Old 04-08-2018, 06:17 AM
BlueSQ

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope that bumper is made of urethane and not fiberglass otherwise you're gonna have a bad time.
The following users liked this post:
BluestreamDE (04-08-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Not_a_commi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
Hope you have an understanding of how much it's going to cost to boost a HR. Main reason I am NA with mine and decided to buy another motorcycle instead
I'm leaning more towards NA but you never know. I wouldn't be buying a turbo kit if I was to go that route. A close friend of mine specializes with custom fab work and we talked (not too seriously) about building a turbo kit. The more I do research on NA builds, the more I like it. But you never know. I'll make my NA build ready for boost just in case I was to go that route in the future.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Not_a_commi

Originally Posted by BlueSQ
I hope that bumper is made of urethane and not fiberglass otherwise you're gonna have a bad time.
Most VIS Racing kits are made of fiberglass and I hate it. I hate working with it, I hate trying to reshape, I hate sanding it. As far as I know, there isn't a urethane bumper out there in this style. Also, VIS has been pissing me off with the wait time for the fenders and skirts I bought. So I ended up canceling the order. I'm talking to Brian McCann about the new bumper and fitments from other customers to see what their take is on it. I'll give you guys an update later this week. Chances are, I am going to put an order in for the stardast fender flares and that bumper the same day. Then all that's left is finding a rear bumper before I can start cutting.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:41 PM
BlueSQ

Most VIS Racing kits are made of fiberglass and I hate it. I hate working with it, I hate trying to reshape, I hate sanding it. As far as I know, there isn't a urethane bumper out there in this style. Also, VIS has been pissing me off with the wait time for the fenders and skirts I bought. So I ended up canceling the order. I'm talking to Brian McCann about the new bumper and fitments from other customers to see what their take is on it. I'll give you guys an update later this week. Chances are, I am going to put an order in for the stardast fender flares and that bumper the same day. Then all that's left is finding a rear bumper before I can start cutting.
I would abandon any project involving fiberglass if you plan to drive it on a public road and at the same time plan to have it not crack, split, splinter and flop around while you drive. Fiberglass is for show cars only, imho.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:02 PM
Not_a_commi

Originally Posted by BlueSQ
I would abandon any project involving fiberglass if you plan to drive it on a public road and at the same time plan to have it not crack, split, splinter and flop around while you drive. Fiberglass is for show cars only, imho.
This is true but I wouldn't say it's a lost cause. There are plenty of ways to reinforce it. It won't make it perfect but it will make it on the roads pretty decent. A co-worker has a fiberglass vette and I asked him how he's driving without it splitting and he told me he got extra fiber matte and reinforced it in the areas it needed it. I'm planning on doing the same. Also to keep up on this update. We have some "big" purchases being made this weekend. Stardast fender flares, do luck rear bumper, and the vis racing nismo styled bumper like the one I showed above. We have about 4 grand going into parts this weekend so we can get to cutting pretty quick. I know I'm going to get **** on this but I've decided to buy the Brian crower forged internals kit. It will be bought and installed while the car is in the paint booth. The paint color is going to be a secret though but I feel like it's going to be really sharp. More to come. I'll post receipts this weekend so future people reading this thread will know how much they're looking to invest. VIS Racing is still behind but the fenders and skirts will be here within 4 weeks so be patient
Old 04-09-2018, 03:15 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Most VIS Racing kits are made of fiberglass and I hate it. I hate working with it, I hate trying to reshape, I hate sanding it. As far as I know, there isn't a urethane bumper out there in this style. Also, VIS has been pissing me off with the wait time for the fenders and skirts I bought. So I ended up canceling the order.
This is true but I wouldn't say it's a lost cause. There are plenty of ways to reinforce it. It won't make it perfect but it will make it on the roads pretty decent. A co-worker has a fiberglass vette and I asked him how he's driving without it splitting and he told me he got extra fiber matte and reinforced it in the areas it needed it. I'm planning on doing the same. Also to keep up on this update. We have some "big" purchases being made this weekend. Stardast fender flares, do luck rear bumper, and the vis racing nismo styled bumper like the one I showed above. We have about 4 grand going into parts this weekend so we can get to cutting pretty quick. I know I'm going to get **** on this but I've decided to buy the Brian crower forged internals kit. It will be bought and installed while the car is in the paint booth. The paint color is going to be a secret though but I feel like it's going to be really sharp. More to come. I'll post receipts this weekend so future people reading this thread will know how much they're looking to invest. VIS Racing is still behind but the fenders and skirts will be here within 4 weeks so be patient
Totally confused here - not that I care, just confused - you hate fiberglass but you're getting it anyhow? Because that's all you can get or....??

And you canceled your order for the VIS stuff but it'll arrive in 4 weeks?

Uhhhhhh.... what 'um missin' here?
Old 04-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Not_a_commi

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Totally confused here - not that I care, just confused - you hate fiberglass but you're getting it anyhow? Because that's all you can get or....??

And you canceled your order for the VIS stuff but it'll arrive in 4 weeks?

Uhhhhhh.... what 'um missin' here?
sorry, there was some conversation since then with me and the distributer. I got off the phone with them probably about an hour ago and they said they will call me within 3 days to get an estimated ship date. Also it's all I can get. The original costs 7k and they don't sell individual parts off the kit. This is my only other option to get the look I'm after.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Not_a_commi

yes I did exaggerate the timing of when I needed it here but just to try to push the company to get their **** in gear xD
Old 04-09-2018, 03:45 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

sorry, there was some conversation since then with me and the distributer. I got off the phone with them probably about an hour ago and they said they will call me within 3 days to get an estimated ship date. Also it's all I can get. The original costs 7k and they don't sell individual parts off the kit. This is my only other option to get the look I'm after.
Ah, OK, got it now.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:23 PM
BlueSQ

yes I did exaggerate the timing of when I needed it here but just to try to push the company to get their **** in gear xD
Keep in mind that many companies that make 350z specific parts view these forums.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Not_a_commi

So bodykits.com decided to cancel my order anyways even after we had that conversation last night. I think it was a mixup between the rep i talked on the phone with last night and the person ive been emailing. I just got an email saying I will be fully reimbursed. But I see this as an opportunity. VIS Racing is in the same league as duraflex and like I said, i hate working with fiberglass. I felt as if I had to get that product because I couldn't under it on my car. We have new fenders coming in for sure but I'm going to have to spend a little extra to get them. They won't be cheap fiberglass and like the paint color, I'm keeping them a secret until unboxing the great spending spree is taking place on Friday btw and I will post receipts for all the guys that don't believe a build like this is going on. The first cut will be made 4 weeks from now. I'm sorry that I can't show you guys a build like a lot of YouTubers where I'm buying major pieces everyday. Like I said, I've been saving for a while for this build and I think I just need to fund a phase that will take a few weeks if not a month to complete so while parts are coming in, ill be setting aside another fund for the next phase. I know this shouldn't be the case but the body is the most expensive part of this build. At least from what I have planned out. I'll post an update Friday night!
Old 04-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Not_a_commi

"Double post"

Last edited by Not_a_commi; 04-10-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:57 PM
Not_a_commi

So today was supposed to be the big spending spree but when you forget that you have a 3k spending limit per day, it doesnt happen. Ill post tomorrow on what else i order

Last edited by Not_a_commi; 04-13-2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: PMI
Old 04-13-2018, 06:02 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

did you really just post all your personal info.....
Old 04-13-2018, 06:24 PM
Not_a_commi

They did say it was going to be 6 months before this piece will be able to ship.

Last edited by Not_a_commi; 04-13-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Quick Reply: So here's an update on the widebody