Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

my thought on polls...if germane to topic shouldnt they stay there?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002 | 10:32 PM
nizl

Yes, I agree. The thing is, most polls are used to make a discussion just a little more interesting. But there is usually more meat to it that is directly related to the 350Z.

I don't think that separating stuff based on technology used (polls) is the best criteria. I think it should be based on the content.
Old 06-04-2002 | 12:25 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

Sorry I opened this can of worms!!!

All I meant to do was make it easier to run through the posts that I hadn't read yet. I think the "go to unread posts" feature is great and saves a ton of time. Instead of sifting through a million posts I already read to find new ones that haven't been read, I use this feature. The threads containing polls come up listed as unread posts even when there ARE no new posts to read, simply because someone added a new vote in the poll. I asked Jay if it would be possible to change this. That's all.

Finally, I personally think that there are too many polls on here. I don't mind the one's directly talking about the Z but when we start digressing into sunglasses and clothing and the World Cup, I think we've gone a little too far off topic. Hey, I'm only giving you my opinion. If I'm off base and others like it, I can certainly live with it.
Old 06-04-2002 | 12:34 AM
brackethead

Shouldn't this thread be moved to a more germane forum? j/k

Wow, I crack myself up!
Old 06-04-2002 | 01:41 AM
nizl

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Sorry I opened this can of worms!!!

The threads containing polls come up listed as unread posts even when there ARE no new posts to read, simply because someone added a new vote in the poll.
That sounds like a bug w/ vBulletin, maybe we could file one...

Finally, I personally think that there are too many polls on here. I don't mind the one's directly talking about the Z but when we start digressing into sunglasses and clothing and the World Cup, I think we've gone a little too far off topic.
Did you see the Lakers vs. Kings playoffs last night? Man, talk about a nailbiter. I really though Bibby played a good game...

In all seriousness, I'd vote for:

1. off-topic polls being move to the "Off topic" forum

2. on-topic polls (tinting, what color, where you ordered, etc) staying here

3. the "Polls" section going away

Just my two bits...
Old 06-04-2002 | 02:37 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

Shouldn't this thread be moved to a more germane forum? j/k
Germane, Spanish, Italian.....I don't care, as long as it stays on topic!!!
Old 06-04-2002 | 02:43 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

The threads containing polls come up listed as unread posts even when there ARE no new posts to read, simply because someone added a new vote in the poll.

That sounds like a bug w/ vBulletin, maybe we could file one...........

As Sargent Schultz used to say, "I KNOW NOTHING" about that, but I do know the other messege board I am associated with had the same problem and they did something and now it doesn't do it anymore.

Sorry, I know I used a lot of technical jargon above but we code writing geniuses have a hard time expressing ourselfs to you non-tech peons.......