Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Clutch peddle sitting low in the morning? Csc?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Bmsluite

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Clutch peddle sitting low in the morning? Csc?

07 350z

OK so this only used to happen when it was super cold in the morning. It happened this morning at 70 F.

What happens is the car sits and when it's cold and I start it up the clutch peddle will be 1-2 inches lower than when warm. I pull the peddle up with my foot and it clicks. Then drops right back into the low position.

To fix it so I can drive I just either a) wait for the car to warm up a bit or b) just press the peddle like 5 times with the car on and it will come right back to where it's supposed. All good.
​​​​​​
Question time:

Is this the CSC going bad? How much of a PITA is it to do? My clutch is good so not really in the mood for dropping the trans. Will do it over the winter if I have to

Is it something else? Heard something about sludge being somewhere. I flushed the clutch fluid though. Probably not 100% though since it was taking foreverrrrrrr and me and my girl were just tired of working on the car that day.

Its not really bothersome. Just worry some. I get anxiety when things aren't working 100% on my cars. Actually not totally used to the lack of sound deadening in these cars and all the noises I can hear

​​​​
Old 06-04-2020, 05:43 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,125 Likes on 6,578 Posts

Csc is taking a dump on ya, just a matter of time before it doesnt come up. Dropping the trans isnt hard, bleeding will be unless you get a csc with a bleeder extension . I replaced mine with oem the first time, lasted a year and went out again . If I had the option then (wasnt produced yet) I would do the external conversion
Old 06-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Bmsluite

Originally Posted by travlee
Csc is taking a dump on ya, just a matter of time before it doesnt come up. Dropping the trans isnt hard, bleeding will be unless you get a csc with a bleeder extension . I replaced mine with oem the first time, lasted a year and went out again . If I had the option then (wasnt produced yet) I would do the external conversion
How much time we talking? Think it'll last the summer?

How long of a job to do the csc? 8 hours? A weekend? What're we talking here?
Old 06-04-2020, 06:05 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,125 Likes on 6,578 Posts

Nobody can really give you a time frame, from the time mine started sticking to staying down I would say under a month. With 2 people, at least one doing it before, you can get it done in about that time frame. Have to get the car up high, and trans isnt light
Old 06-05-2020, 04:45 AM
Bmsluite

Originally Posted by travlee
Nobody can really give you a time frame, from the time mine started sticking to staying down I would say under a month. With 2 people, at least one doing it before, you can get it done in about that time frame. Have to get the car up high, and trans isnt light
OK, I'll see if my buddy can help me. I'm going to try to wait until I store her in the fall though. Maybe it doesn't make it and I have to do it sooner. I can always drive my van around. It's been like this for 5,000 miles so I think it should be good.

Did you do the clutch at the same time or just the csc? I thinkk my clutch has like 25k miles in it now. I rev match and all that fun stuff so I'm pretty easy on them.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:14 PM
icer5160

Received 440 Likes on 335 Posts

If the CSC is leaking within the Bell Housing, it would be wise to replace the clutch. If brake fluid gets onto the clutch material, it ruins it. I would imagine the throw-out bearing also gets toasted. This is the biggest issue with 07+ 350Zs, luckily addressing it is straight forward, unlike the RevUp Owner's oil consumption issue.
-Icer