Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Limp mode on Highway/ check engine light blinking

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 07:09 AM
Logan Pritchett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limp mode on Highway/ check engine light blinking

Hey guys I would really appreciate some help, I have 20s on my Z and when on the highway it starts to flash SLIP and goes into limp mode.. I have done some small research before and it said it's the rims, but I didn't know if I should clear my ECU and or delete the traction control completely.

Also I have a service engine light so I took it to AutoZone and no codes came back, took it to the shop and they also didn't find any codes. They tried replacing the O2 sensor but that didn't clear the light either so they put the old sensor back on. I drove my car about 3-4 hrs south and then came back north the same distance and when I got off the interstate it started sputtering a bit and then driving down the road the check engine light started flashing. I pulled off and after 40 min I drove it home after deciding it wasn't overheated. It was running rough giving me that same sputtering on the way. The engine sounds fine but when i drove it the next 20 mins home the right continued to flash and ran little rough. I seriously appreciate any help I can get, I'm taking my baby back in asap but figured I would ask you guys for some help.

Thanks

Last edited by Logan Pritchett; 10-08-2020 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:16 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,284 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by Logan Pritchett
Hey guys I would really appreciate some help, I have 20s on my Z and when on the highway it starts to flash SLIP and goes into limp mode.. I have done some small research before and it said it's the rims, but I didn't know if I should clear my ECU and or delete the traction control completely.

Also I have a service engine light so I took it to AutoZone and no codes came back, took it to the shop and they also didn't find any codes. They tried replacing the O2 sensor but that didn't clear the light either so they put the old sensor back on. I drove my car about 3-4 hrs south and then came back north the same distance and when I got off the interstate it started sputtering a bit and then spin further driving thr check engine light started flashing. I pulled off and then drove it home. The engine sounds fine but when j drove it the next 20 mins home the right continued to flash and ran little rough. I seriously appreciate any help I can get, I'm taking my baby back in asap but figured I would ask you guys for some help.

Thanks

What size tires? Your car probably has VDC and errant tire sizes are throwing it for a loop.

On your CEL/Service Engine Light... pull codes again. First incident didn't throw a code but likely this second incidence did. Like I tell EVERYONE (stop me if you've heard this ), a code reader is a NECESSARY tool to have in your box. Even a cheap one ($15!) that just reads the codes without description.
The following users liked this post:
Logan Pritchett (10-08-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 09:09 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,663 Posts

Cam sensor is my best “guess” for the mysterious CEL. Mine did odd things like that till I got a hard fail.

the other part is not really your wheels, but tire sizing. Please post the tire sizes
The following users liked this post:
Logan Pritchett (10-08-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 01:07 PM
Logan Pritchett

Originally Posted by MicVelo
What size tires? Your car probably has VDC and errant tire sizes are throwing it for a loop.

On your CEL/Service Engine Light... pull codes again. First incident didn't throw a code but likely this second incidence did. Like I tell EVERYONE (stop me if you've heard this ), a code reader is a NECESSARY tool to have in your box. Even a cheap one ($15!) that just reads the codes without description.

thank you I appreciate your time. And P285/30zr20 99w rear
255/35zr20 front
Old 10-08-2020, 01:09 PM
Logan Pritchett

255/35zr20 front
P285/30zr20 99w rear
Thank you!