Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Question about wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 05:28 AM
SenpaiNodusMe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question about wheels

Howdy,

I'm not sure how many times this may have been asked but I'm looking into some wheels right now. I'm trying to get a clean flush fit with this setup without having to completely be on the ground.

Im on eibach sport springs. I've been hearing some people talking about Camber kits, I've seen Rear cambers then Adjustable Rear Camber Arms (not sure if they're the same). Is there such thing as front Camber arms? If their are, Would I need front camber arms and rear camber arms to be negative enough to make it look nice? I'm sure I'd need these to make it look cleaner which I plan on getting if given the advice I'm looking for.

I was wondering if I'd be able to run these 18x10.5 +20 without rubbing or without having to roll my fenders, again back to the camber arms would this help the no rubbing with adjustable camber arms?

I currently have 18x11 running 275's without rubbing or anything, no spacers.

Here are the wheels for insight:
https://www.fitmentindustries.com/bu...-s5r-18x105-20

Any criticism or anything is greatly appreciated,
Thank you!

Old 07-15-2021, 02:09 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,666 Posts

First it will depend on the camber, aspect ratio and the actual tire you want to run.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:54 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,286 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Using camber to fit tires/wheels is counterproductive. The point of fitting big rolling stock is the pursuit of increased performance. Adding excess camber completely defeats that purpose.

With that out of the way…

Yes, front camber adjustment is done through adjustable FUCA (front upper control arms) such as those offered by SPC, SPL and others. If you are seeking more camber to fit aggressive sizes, make sure you check the mfgr specs on any hardware you buy as the range may only take you out to -3 degrees or so (a guess) and you may need more if you’re going for that cambered out wobbly giraffe look.

You should also do a rough check of how much movement of the wheel/tire (in/outwards) you’ll see with new size/offset. Use the Tire/wheel calculator: https://my350z.com/forum/tire_rim_calculator.php to get some idea of how much room you’ll need.

If you’re running 11s now, good chance you’ll be able to run your new spec, depending on tires, as terrasmak mentioned above. You did not mention offset of the 11s nor any intended size tires for the 10.5s so this is all just general info at this point.

Old 07-15-2021, 03:23 PM
SenpaiNodusMe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Using camber to fit tires/wheels is counterproductive. The point of fitting big rolling stock is the pursuit of increased performance. Adding excess camber completely defeats that purpose.

With that out of the way…

Yes, front camber adjustment is done through adjustable FUCA (front upper control arms) such as those offered by SPC, SPL and others. If you are seeking more camber to fit aggressive sizes, make sure you check the mfgr specs on any hardware you buy as the range may only take you out to -3 degrees or so (a guess) and you may need more if you’re going for that cambered out wobbly giraffe look.

You should also do a rough check of how much movement of the wheel/tire (in/outwards) you’ll see with new size/offset. Use the Tire/wheel calculator: https://my350z.com/forum/tire_rim_calculator.php to get some idea of how much room you’ll need.

If you’re running 11s now, good chance you’ll be able to run your new spec, depending on tires, as terrasmak mentioned above. You did not mention offset of the 11s nor any intended size tires for the 10.5s so this is all just general info at this point.
Sounds good, Thank you very much for the help

As for the offset of the 11's, I have no clue I just bought them off some guy to use temporarily.

I'd say my intended tire size for the 10.5's will probably be starting around 265 18 35's .
Old 07-16-2021, 05:50 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,305 Likes on 905 Posts

If you're even considering running a 265-35-18, 10.5" is too wide a wheel. This adds unsprung weight to your Z and decreases performance. Just a thought before you put cash down on wheels.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:51 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,126 Likes on 6,579 Posts

they would fit... if he did this retarded thing

Old 07-16-2021, 08:56 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 452 Likes on 367 Posts

I run 275's on a 8" wide wheel #fatboi