Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

HELP 07' 350Z clutch on floor (replaced CSC 9k miles ago)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 03:08 AM
Eli_Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP 07' 350Z clutch on floor (replaced CSC 9k miles ago)

Hello fellow enthusiasts I have ran into quite a big issue in the past few days, as mentioned in the title my clutch has completely fallen to the floor. I don't believe it to be my CSC as I have replaced it with a heavy duty CSC from action clutch when I installed my lightweight chromoly flywheel and stage 3 six puck clutch also by action clutch. The last time this happened it indeed was the CSC, one of the signs was all my clutch fluid leaking from the inspection plate on the bell housing. As I'm sure most Z owners know the HR equipped Z's have their slave cylinder in the bell housing making it a huge job to replace the slave. But with all that being said I don't believe it to be my CSC due to it being replaced so recently ago along with the fact I didn't use a crappy OEM CSC, I also don't believe it to be my CSC due to absolutely no clutch fluid leaking and pouring out like the previous failure. I believe it to be my clutch master cylinder due to it showing signs of failure, one of those signs being when I press in clutch and release the pedal would only return about 80% of the way before using my foot to bring it up rest of the way. I have also been experiencing my clutch engaging at different points at complete random not all the time just randomly. And my last reason for suspecting my clutch master cylinder is due to how black my clutch fluid is. I noticed after replacing my clutch and CSC and bleeding my clutch fluid that my clutch fluid turned black very quickly after, I haven't leaked any clutch fluid at all either. I am looking to see if anyone else has had this problem and to see if I'm correct for suspecting my clutch master cylinder. I have since learned its key to replacing both at the same time which is something I just didn't know at the time. My Z has 82.2k miles and has 9.5k miles on new clutch and CSC setup. If anyone has any input on if I'm right or not please reply, or if you have any recommendations on what type of clutch master cylinder I should get to pair with my upgrades I've already stated. Thank You
Old 04-12-2022, 03:44 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,126 Likes on 6,579 Posts

i had 2 fail, and it sounds like your did again, after the second one i installed the zspeed hd csc and wilwood master and never had an issue again. never heard of action clutch, but it sounds like their products arent the greatest