Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New clutch light flywheele bearing and clutch master cylinder

Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 PM
calidrew909

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New clutch light flywheele bearing and clutch master cylinder

So I have a 07 z had it for 2 years now I was never having any problems until this summer the clutch was not coming all the way back after being pressed and also the car was jerking back and forth like it was going to stall I even made a thread here to see if any one was having issues so the dealer was giving me a bunch of dog **** about them replacing the clutches master cylinder since 07 z had recalls some one on here told me to get zspeed performance master cylinder because the dealer was just going to put a cheap one so I did that went on the vendor part on this site and I also grabbed a jwt flywheel and clutch got everything installed today and holly **** !!!! The clutch pedal feels like a real mans clutch it's so stiff before it was super easy to push in everything feels amazing I wanted to thank the people in here who have been helping me out when I have questions even if they sometimes answer by trolling o yea I wanted to ask is it illegal to throw your old clutch flywheel out your window while your driving sorry I had to do that when I threw it out at 60mph it exploded !! Tehlulz I'm sorry guise
Old 09-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Darkside Mojo

Thats good to know. I have the same year, and my clutch is still working. But if it even hints at slipping, or not pulling its weight, I'll change it out, and wear it around my neck on a chain.....Like Flava flav.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:57 AM
rotchcrocket04

Hey man, I'm actually really happy I stumbled on to this post. Been awhile since I've stopped my My350 but, ironically, I'm having the same issue. My clutch pedal isn't fully returning after about an hour of driving in warmer weather.

I know my clutch has seen better days as it's quite spongy and doesn't catch nearly as well as it used to. So I'm thinking about doing a JWT clutch and flywheel right away. Glad to hear you really like it. Could you link me to the vendor you bought your stuff from? Also, how much did it run you?
Old 09-11-2013, 07:53 AM
JohnG202

Not to sound like an ***, but have any of you changed your clutch fluid? The sticking clutch can sometimes just be bad/dirty fluid. Try putting clean fluid in before spending any $$ on new parts. My 06 was sticking last summer. Changed the fluid and problem solved.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:06 AM
rotchcrocket04

Originally Posted by JohnG202
Not to sound like an ***, but have any of you changed your clutch fluid? The sticking clutch can sometimes just be bad/dirty fluid. Try putting clean fluid in before spending any $$ on new parts. My 06 was sticking last summer. Changed the fluid and problem solved.
No, and I'm pretty sure you're probably right. I've been wanting to swap my clutch and flywheel for years now though. So I will be swapping fluids at the same time.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:40 AM
zswickliffe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My sticky clutch was allllll due to a chunk of metal in my banjo bolt so fluid couldn't pass through freely. Replaced my slave and master as I assume one of them falling apart was where the metal came from.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:28 PM
sikkntbrah

does anyone know if the csc recall was for 08 as well? or did they resolve the issue in 08?
Old 09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
steele350z

Originally Posted by sikkntbrah
does anyone know if the csc recall was for 08 as well? or did they resolve the issue in 08?
No, there was not a recall for the 08. I would not say they fixed either, though. Many 08 owners have had the issue as well.

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...ll-call-3.html

I am getting the jwt clutch/flywheel setup with Zspeed Master and Slave put in my 08 soon hopefully. Just received all the parts today.

Last edited by steele350z; 09-11-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:05 PM
calidrew909

Originally Posted by rotchcrocket04
Hey man, I'm actually really happy I stumbled on to this post. Been awhile since I've stopped my My350 but, ironically, I'm having the same issue. My clutch pedal isn't fully returning after about an hour of driving in warmer weather.

I know my clutch has seen better days as it's quite spongy and doesn't catch nearly as well as it used to. So I'm thinking about doing a JWT clutch and flywheel right away. Glad to hear you really like it. Could you link me to the vendor you bought your stuff from? Also, how much did it run you?
https://my350z.com/forum/drivetrain/...-shipping.html

go there then click on his link it will take you to his web site and all together it was 775 or something like that i used my tax return from earlier this year so it wasent to bad for me
Old 09-11-2013, 05:10 PM
calidrew909

Originally Posted by JohnG202
i changed the fluid 3 times even the dealer did it after researching there was a recall for the clutch master cylinder on the 07 6 speed zs i also would fill the reservoir with the dot 3 oil and like a few days later it would be on low so yea now that i upgraded all the stuff its flawless here is the clutch master cylinder i got from them but for me it was only 199$ http://www.zspeedperformance.com/ZSp...ZSpHDCombo.htm they like hiked theyre price super high i dont know why but i paid 199$ for mine
Old 09-11-2013, 05:13 PM
calidrew909

Originally Posted by steele350z
No, there was not a recall for the 08. I would not say they fixed either, though. Many 08 owners have had the issue as well.

I am getting the jwt clutch/flywheel setup with Zspeed Master and Slave put in my 08 soon hopefully. Just received all the parts today.
thats what i did , but for my 07 z the thing about the jwt clutch and flywheel under 2krpm its chattery is FAWK , i emailed the vendor and he told me its normal, did some research and yep its normal.... o well ill just play my music loud enough
Old 09-11-2013, 05:51 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

south bend is much better
Old 09-11-2013, 08:36 PM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why would anyone put up with a clutch that chatters just because the vendor and other users say it's "normal"?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:23 AM
FixthatF-16

Originally Posted by winchman
Why would anyone put up with a clutch that chatters just because the vendor and other users say it's "normal"?
A little noise isn't going to hurt the longevity of the cars life. If you can get over the slight noise, you can enjoy quite a bit of performance out of it. I personally have the South Bend set up with Wilwood slave/master Cyl and Z1 Urethane Trans mount. Not a da** complaint coming from me!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:34 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rotchcrocket04

Non return or dropping/sticking pedal is normally a worn master cylinder.
We have an upgraded Wilwood Master for it to fix the problem permanently.
Wilwood Master Cylinder Kit
Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by calidrew909
thats what i did , but for my 07 z the thing about the jwt clutch and flywheel under 2krpm its chattery is FAWK , i emailed the vendor and he told me its normal, did some research and yep its normal.... o well ill just play my music loud enough
Motul Gear 300 trans fluid will help greatly. It will reduce the amount of rattle a good bit at idle and under 2500RPM
http://www.zspeedperformance.com/Mot...tulgear300.htm
Old 09-12-2013, 02:51 PM
sikkntbrah

Originally Posted by steele350z

hmmm, i see. i was planning on getting the zspeed master and slave anyway but was gonna wait until i have to change my clutch out and do it all together, thanks for the link.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:47 PM
calidrew909

Originally Posted by winchman
i looked @ youtube videos almost all after marker clutches chatter buddy
Old 09-12-2013, 03:52 PM
calidrew909

Originally Posted by ZSpeedPerformance
Motul Gear 300 trans fluid will help greatly. It will reduce the amount of rattle a good bit at idle and under 2500RPM
http://www.zspeedperformance.com/Mot...tulgear300.htm
thanks will try it out next paycheck ahahah
Old 09-16-2013, 07:31 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by calidrew909
i looked @ youtube videos almost all after marker clutches chatter buddy
Yes, Any single mass flywheel will cause some rattle in the trans.

South Bend has a silent disk kit which greatly reduces the noise level at idle even with the lightest of flywheels. Unfortunately we sold all the kits they had in stock very quickly and are now on back order for a bit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New clutch light flywheele bearing and clutch master cylinder