Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Manual Converted 350z how to wire for ARC features (launch/2step)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Dk.z33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Manual Converted 350z how to wire for ARC features (launch/2step)

Hey everyone, I’m making this forum because I converted my car to a 6 speed and I have UpRev ARC and because it was converted to a manual I couldn’t use the launch and 2 step features. I fount a solution on how to wire your car to activate this. I have not found this solution anywhere online so please refer to this forum to learn how to do it for yourself if you are in the same boat as me.

1- locate the cruise control cancel switch located on the brake pedal (this is a brown sensor with a black/red wire going into it and a yellow/green wire going into it)

2- cut the black/red wire leaving about 1-2 inch coming from the sensor so you can still work with it.

3- extended that black/red wire from the brake sensor to the “clutch cruise cancel switch” (there are two pins on the sensor and you’ll just need to test which side it goes on. Assemble it following these instructions and if it doesn’t work simply swap what pin you attached to)

4- take another section of spare wire and connect from the second pin in the “clutch cruise cancel switch” and attach that wire to the long end of the black/red wire you cut (attach to the side coming from the car as the short side should have already been extended to the clutch side)

5- enjoy launch control, 2 step and all those other fun features in your manual swapped z that all the tuners say you’ll lose when it’s a manual converted car!

I will add a photo of a simple wiring diagram to make these instructions make a bit more sense.

post any questions you have!

The following 2 users liked this post by Dk.z33:
EJohn (07-12-2023), icer5160 (07-12-2023)
Old 07-21-2023, 10:36 AM
z_smoov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just manual swapped my HR and I need to get an uprev reflash to get all the dtcs off. I wired the clutch cruise cancel switch by tapping a wire from the ecu wire to the cruise control cancel switch, and then grounded the other wire from the switch. Will this work the same? And do I need to wire anything else up for uprev to work such as the nuetral position switch? I just started working on cars like a year ago and I don’t know electronics very well so some input from y’all would be very appreciated.
Old 07-21-2023, 10:14 PM
Dk.z33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hey, thanks for commenting. It’s hard to say if that will work correctly. I did some pm testing and the switches work in a series, and are attached to the brake cruise cancel switch from factory. Your method may work but I can’t say for sure. If you want to make sure you can either get your re flash and test it and if it doesn’t work then use my method or just use my method to start with. And I don’t think you HAVE to wire in the neutral safety switch technically for things to function properly, however it’s very easy to wire in and I would highly recommend it. If you want to know how to wire that in, there are a few videos on YouTube that cover it or you can shoot me a message on instagram @dk.z33 and I can explain it to you!

Originally Posted by z_smoov
I just manual swapped my HR and I need to get an uprev reflash to get all the dtcs off. I wired the clutch cruise cancel switch by tapping a wire from the ecu wire to the cruise control cancel switch, and then grounded the other wire from the switch. Will this work the same? And do I need to wire anything else up for uprev to work such as the nuetral position switch? I just started working on cars like a year ago and I don’t know electronics very well so some input from y’all would be very appreciated.
Old 07-21-2023, 11:31 PM
z_smoov

dayyyuuummm I’m jus looking at the wiring diagram and on the hr the asdc clutch switch goes into the same wire as the asdc brake switch. So I could have just tapped into that shiii but I went alll the way to the ecu. Bruuuuhh I didn’t even think of that.

Originally Posted by Dk.z33
hey, thanks for commenting. It’s hard to say if that will work correctly. I did some pm testing and the switches work in a series, and are attached to the brake cruise cancel switch from factory. Your method may work but I can’t say for sure. If you want to make sure you can either get your re flash and test it and if it doesn’t work then use my method or just use my method to start with. And I don’t think you HAVE to wire in the neutral safety switch technically for things to function properly, however it’s very easy to wire in and I would highly recommend it. If you want to know how to wire that in, there are a few videos on YouTube that cover it or you can shoot me a message on instagram @dk.z33 and I can explain it to you!
Old 09-20-2023, 09:57 AM
z_smoov

I just went to get a tune and was informed that what I did doesn’t work. I’m going to try your way. But how do I find out which side to connect on step three. How would I test it?
Old 11-25-2023, 09:27 AM
z_smoov

I’m trying to wire the PNP switch after a Manual swap. Which is the neutral position switch on the transmission itself. I was just gonna wire one end of the pigtail to terminal 109 on the ecu and ground the other end of the pigtail to the chassis. I’m not super knowledgeable when it comes to wiring and I would really appreciate some Input on if this would work or not, or a better method. I have an 08 so the wiring diagrams are a little different then normal, I’m gonna put some pictures.

Old 12-11-2023, 08:42 AM
z_smoov

Default PnP switch

I just wanted to add that I wired the PnP switch successfully on my 08. You just have to wire the switch from the ecu(109). And the other wire needs to be tapped into a fuse for a power source.
-After doing this it completely changed how the car drives. Idles where it’s suppose to. Not at 1100 anymore. It feels more powerful in all the gears. The engine seems to know where to hold the rpm’s more. Exhaust sounds like it’s running richer as well.