Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Random VDC/Slip/E-Brake Lights Turn On (VDC shuts off)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 08:33 PM
Tech Territory

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Random VDC/Slip/E-Brake Lights Turn On (VDC shuts off)

Hello! I have a 2003 Nissan 350z Touring, and just recently, i noticed that about 0-3 minutes into a drive, the vdc/slip/ebrake light will light up, signaling (I think) that the traction control is shut off... not sure why its doing that, it was just a normal drive, no sort of drifting, or even hard acceleration when this happens.. Any thoughts? I originally thought that the tire pressure was way off over the different sides, but the pressure is the same... so I really have no idea whats going on.. does anybody understand, or have any ideas of what is going on??
Old 06-08-2024, 07:02 AM
Tech Territory

Originally Posted by Tech Territory
Hello! I have a 2003 Nissan 350z Touring, and just recently, i noticed that about 0-3 minutes into a drive, the vdc/slip/ebrake light will light up, signaling (I think) that the traction control is shut off... not sure why its doing that, it was just a normal drive, no sort of drifting, or even hard acceleration when this happens.. Any thoughts? I originally thought that the tire pressure was way off over the different sides, but the pressure is the same... so I really have no idea whats going on.. does anybody understand, or have any ideas of what is going on??
Possible that it’s a wheel speed sensor maybe?? thoughts? if the z has more than one?
Old 06-10-2024, 07:24 AM
bre240z

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

Wouldnt hurt to inspect the wheel sensors as that can be an issue. A little different situation than yours but this happened to me once. I was driving through Angeles crest highway for a good 30 minutes and I started getting the same lights you were. I stopped to kinda look over the car to see if i saw something obvious but nothing. I turned the car back on and the lights were gone. About 15-30 min later lights came on again so i decided to turn around and head home. I did a quick search when i got home and read somethings like bad wheel sensors, tire pressure, brakes blah blah blah....
I jacked the car up to inspect and didnt see anything obvious. My brake fluid was a little low. I checked the brake pads and although they werent super worn I thought i should replace them anyways since I had never replaced them. At that time this car was new to me.
I did that and never got the lights back on. I dont know how true this is but Ive read that if your brake fluid is low it can cause these lights to turn on. Not sure how true that is.
Also you may want to put a scanner on the car to see if there are any codes.
Old 06-13-2024, 04:19 AM
Armiesto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beautiful Girls from your city for night

Pretty Girls from your town
Old 06-15-2024, 08:14 PM
Tech Territory

Originally Posted by bre240z
Wouldnt hurt to inspect the wheel sensors as that can be an issue. A little different situation than yours but this happened to me once. I was driving through Angeles crest highway for a good 30 minutes and I started getting the same lights you were. I stopped to kinda look over the car to see if i saw something obvious but nothing. I turned the car back on and the lights were gone. About 15-30 min later lights came on again so i decided to turn around and head home. I did a quick search when i got home and read somethings like bad wheel sensors, tire pressure, brakes blah blah blah....
I jacked the car up to inspect and didnt see anything obvious. My brake fluid was a little low. I checked the brake pads and although they werent super worn I thought i should replace them anyways since I had never replaced them. At that time this car was new to me.
I did that and never got the lights back on. I dont know how true this is but Ive read that if your brake fluid is low it can cause these lights to turn on. Not sure how true that is.
Also you may want to put a scanner on the car to see if there are any codes.
yeah, not sure.. and yeah, my brake fluid is fine, fully filled actually, because i had just bled the brakes.. not sure! sometimes when i drive it they dont turn on at all (biggest drive with this was like 30 mins or so) sometimes they turn on the second i turn on the car, and sometimes they turn on after a few mins of driving... and yeah i checked codes right then actually. nothing out of the ordinary. I seem to have a chronic cps code, and a chronic catalyst efficiency code. nothing other than that though