Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New to Nissan

Search this Thread

Old Today, 10:47 AM
Bolognahammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Nissan

Hey everyone. As stated Im mew to the platform. Ive built a couple hondas, currently have a VW and a civic project Im working on and my co worker has a 06 350z thats in good shape and relatively low miles so Im planning on buying that off him very soon since Ive always thought they were cool cars and also something RWD to change things up a little. Over all my goal would be a good road car capable of some auto x. If anyone has recommendations for good reliable mods. Id like to see 400+hp and Ive heard these engines dont really like mods so also any recommendations for reliable power would be awsome. Im pretty mechanically savvy and have built engines before so thats no problem.
Old Today, 11:24 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,304 Likes on 904 Posts

Welcome- but as for 400+ HP, please don't make another dreamer thread. Nissan made the VQ35DE a fine NA engine that has earned many engineering awards. But easy, reliable and cheap power mods are just not there. Why not use the Z to improve your driving skills in autocross and track days? There are plenty of brake, tire and suspension mods that are relatively cheap and reliable to help you out. Check out the autocross and road racing forums to educate yourself on the options .
Old Today, 06:18 PM
Bolognahammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
Welcome- but as for 400+ HP, please don't make another dreamer thread. Nissan made the VQ35DE a fine NA engine that has earned many engineering awards. But easy, reliable and cheap power mods are just not there. Why not use the Z to improve your driving skills in autocross and track days? There are plenty of brake, tire and suspension mods that are relatively cheap and reliable to help you out. Check out the autocross and road racing forums to educate yourself on the options .
thanks for the reply but not really what I was looking for. Im not new to driving or auto x or modding cars, just this platform. Brakes, suspension, tires is already planned so Im not skipping out on any catagory. However every vehicle has its quirks. Im sure its a fun car as is. Considering my VW is in the 400hp neighborhood and my civic also in the 400hp neighbor hood the estimated 300 will certainly leave more to be desired. I just know the same aftermarket brand may hold different standards from one platform to another. Also was looking for any common issues that I might have to add or modify something in order to prevent failure because of adding more power.
Old Today, 06:36 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,304 Likes on 904 Posts

Well, we have some excellent FI guys on this board and hopefully some of them can come on this thread to advise. But you can do a simple search to find their suggestions as they get these (400+ HP) questions on a regular basis. BTW- I wasn't suggesting you don't know how to drive, as I'm sure you have many miles under your belt. What I was suggesting is to raise your driving to a different level, possibly to being competitive on a National basis in solo, TT or road racing. It's a whole different dimension of experience, talent and awareness that doesn't reply on pure HP to achieve low lap times. It's a constant challenge to develop the modest talents I have, but after 37 years of racing, I'm still learning stuff.

Last edited by dkmura; Today at 06:40 PM.