Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Base model for 26K...myth?

Old 09-23-2002, 01:57 PM
roberto350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...maybe not, because I have an inkling that maybe Nissan will make very few base...I dont know.

Keep in mind that there will be a ton these cars on the lots in summer 2003 with all kinds of options and colors. Youll even be able to talk em down prolly.

Look at it this way. If you JUST jumped on the bandwagon, then WAIT until next year SERIOUSLY. I have been waiting to buy a new car since 1999 when they introduced the original prototype. I have waiting THREE years for this mother f____________ car and it will be worth every single frustrating minute.

The WRX is cool dude. Yes I like it and almost walked away with one earlier this year. But you gotta give the instant gratification thing a rest and go for the long haul, cuz youll buy the WRX and then as SOON as your *** hits the drivers seat of the Z, youll be trading that **** in and losing money. Yes, even though you think you cant afford it, when you see this freakin car and ride in it, youll be selling organs for money. mark my words
Old 09-23-2002, 02:26 PM
fisherprice

I have been following development for a while.
I am still in a 90 Ford Mustang 5.0

I am looking to get a Touring edition. I called around the S.F.Bay and was told that if I ordered one now I would have to wait until Jan/Feb to pick it up.

Anyone know how much dealers are gouging?
Old 09-23-2002, 02:44 PM
Bobg

pay attention to this forum and you will see people that have cancelled preorders and you can get one quicker. I'll bet the dealer that was taking your order would do it for MSRP
Old 09-23-2002, 03:56 PM
jfranci3

Are you suggesting that the base 350Z is like the base Z28 Comaro (supposedly you get one for 23K, try and get one for that - 26K min)? Must be a Z thang. Actually, I don't think they will have a problem making a base one up for you. You might have a problem finding one on the dealer's lot though.
Old 09-23-2002, 04:57 PM
fr0ng

I was told that you can't pre order them anymore..
Old 09-23-2002, 05:00 PM
Jill

Originally posted by fr0ng
I was told that you can't pre order them anymore..
No more pre-orders, right, but I'm sure a Nissan dealer can special order one for a customer just like any other car.
Old 09-23-2002, 05:09 PM
fr0ng

I see. I keep having second thoughts because I hear all this stuff about a twin turbo model comming out soon. Help. =\
Old 09-23-2002, 05:11 PM
Yuichi

Talking BASE MODEL

There were very few BASE models made so far becuase it was on one that wasn't the most popular as far as being ordered.

I choose a base model for a few reason

1) Its the cheapest
2) Its the lightest
3) I'm going to install a lot of modifications

Options I really regret not having

1) HID's!! Once you have a car with those you can't get a car without them!!

2) VLSD. But thanks to the announcement by aftermarket companies making them and they will probably be better then the stock one I don't really mind.

I got mine at MSRP thanks to Charlie Dever. He actually called almost all the dealerships in the US. I highly doubt you'll find one in the Bay Area or California in fact at a decent price.

There are cars at MSRP avalible now. Charlie posts as SCROUGE on this forum I think shoot him a e-mail as he know where all the msrps are avalible at... He originally did it to help GROUPZ members..

Zya!
Yuichi
Old 09-23-2002, 07:48 PM
JasonT

Default Ordering

I went to Southpoint Nissan two days ago and they are still taking orders as far as I could see. I was told that if I were to order that day or soon after, my car wouldn't arrive till March of '03. I think I will wait till summer '03, I want to see what the convertable looks like and if they will build a sunroof(not sure if possible) for the '04 model.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:56 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up my Brickyard Performance from Freeman Nissan in Santa Rosa last wednesday. When I was pre-ordering back in February, most dealers in the South Bay had markups, and Freeman did not (they told me that they never mark up their vehicles). Whether that will hold true on normal orders I can't say for sure. If you are interested enough to order, you might want to give them a call.

-D'oh!
Old 09-24-2002, 12:53 PM
fisherprice

Thanks for the info.