Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

dealer stuff...stories etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 11:27 PM
superstuddc27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer stuff...stories etc.

I live in cerritos and like 5 minutes away from the Cerritos Nissan so it would be convenient to go there but i hear that others "hear" horror stories from there. so anyone would like to tell me exactly what happened to them/their friends, the prices there, requirement for test drive, credit check, pricing etc.

also i hear a TON of great things about performance nissan and i understand that Jeff/jason/ken the fleet manager give $1000 off MSRP to forum members. well thats really good and right now, im planning to buy either during june/july, (during all that independence day sales and summer clearance and stuff like that).. so im either going for enthus or base. and i read on the forum that a lot of people got their base for $25,000 or so which is a price i think is pretty decent.

but question... for those of you that DID buy from Performance Nissan, or for Jeff, if he's reading this. when you got the base for $1000 off msrp, did it include options like splash guards, floor mats, etc? i mean $1000 off msrp is great deal but just wondering. i think if i can get $24,900-$25,400 on a BASE with options, that'd be an excellent deal. if performance nissan can get me that i'll be 100% determined to buy from them even if others can give me that price. (reason being is their customer service is supposed to be great, along with the parts department, etc.)

i'll be sure to check performance nissan and torrance nissan. :P
thanks in advance if anyone can help me out.
-david
Old 03-09-2004, 07:24 AM
Bertg

The MSRP on the car includes any options added to the car, like splash guards, kick plates, etc. What are you waiting for? Go get your Z!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 11:33 AM
dchengmd

Default Re: dealer stuff...stories etc.

Originally posted by superstuddc27
I live in cerritos and like 5 minutes away from the Cerritos Nissan so it would be convenient to go there but i hear that others "hear" horror stories from there. so anyone would like to tell me exactly what happened to them/their friends, the prices there, requirement for test drive, credit check, pricing etc.
I went to Cerritos Nissan in late September/early October to order a Z, as they were one of only two dealerships in SoCal that would sell me a Z under the VPP program. First of all, when you get out of your car about 4 or 6 salesmen will immediately descend upon you like vultures. After I met with someone, I put a $1000 deposit down and got an assurance that my order would be processed right away.

About 2 weeks later, I stopped by again to look at more cars and to inquire about the status of my order. They hadn't done ANYTHING yet. To make things worse, they started pressuring me with loan and lease offers. Finally, when I told them I would be leasing through a 3rd party and they couldn't beat the deal I got, the fleet manager came up to me and said "you're getting too good of a deal, here's your $1000 back." WTF????

I basically wasted about 3 weeks with those losers and I'll never buy from them. I ended up getting my Z from the only other dealer that takes VPP, Power Nissan of Irvine.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:06 PM
kendoll

what is V VP? I went to Cerritos Nissan back in October, I liked them alot better than the dealers her in Vegas, however the pressure for lease and loan is true.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:24 PM
superstuddc27

oh wow hearing from the stories, cerritos seems like a bad dealership... too bad huh? cerritos auto square being like the biggest auto place in the US or something like that, cerritos nissan would make a lot more money if they had more respectable sales tactics and prices. well thanks for the info. i'll be getting my car soon hopefully. during the summer, i'll be able to pick up lot more work shifts because of school right now. also, i have a savings thing going on with my bank that i signed to end after two years. so everyyear i pay an installment of like 199.98 bucks or something and get like 5% interest for every month, so im just waiting around til thats over. well thanks for info.