Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Shot Request to SF Bay Area Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 09:21 PM
loki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Shot Request to SF Bay Area Owners

I'm considering selling my car and the 350z is near the top of my list... I'm not sure what the policy is at Bay Area dealers but I know there are plenty of owners.

Here's the oddball request... would anyone be open to letting me test drive their car? I'm not interested in thrashing it, I just want to get an idea of the handling and power of the car. In exchange you can give my '02 SMG M3 a spin under the same conditions.

PM or email me if it peaks your interest!

cheers,
-loki
Old 09-23-2002, 09:39 PM
loki

Thanks for the lead! A $264 test drive will be my last alternative if I can't find someone on the board.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:46 PM
zPilott

I was the second person to rent the daytona enthusiast (188 on the odo, if it was broken in rough, that was the fault of me and a couple friends). You can get a cheaper rate if you do it mid week and book it a week or two in advace. I got it for 184 on a friday, calling the day before because they will give you a lower rate if you ask 24hrs in advance and they don't have a reservation for it. You can also get other people on the contract (in case there is a mishap and you have to use the $12 supplimental liability insurance, well worth it IMO) by just having them show up and present their licenses. Maybe you could talk a couple of your friends into going in on it with you. I think you will get a much better idea how the car drives with the rental because you don't have to worry about hurting it. Burn outs, donuts, tight, twisty mountain roads, break checks, all things that you wouldn't do, or would make the owner very nervous for you to do.

BTW, I think I stopped at a place that looked just like the pic in your sig when I rented the Z, is that HWY 1? I had to pull of a coupel times because there was too much traffic for me to go as fast as I liked, and this was a good place to see when the traffic was coming. I pulled off a couple times in places like this until cars started coming so I could get the most free space in front of me.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:50 PM
zPilott

hmm, it does look like they raised their prices across the board. I am still trying to get a mini from them on a weekend when my girlfriend is in tow so I can teach her to drive a manual in hopes of talking her into getting a cooper s
Old 09-23-2002, 10:57 PM
bayarea-sunset

zPilot they would not give me your rate no matter how much I begged I got it for 250 for a weekend day though.Was worth every penny thanks again for the tip.Id like to rent again but my wife would kill me
Old 09-23-2002, 11:14 PM
zPilott

How many extra miles did you put on it? I ended up with 225 and that was with an amount of restraint that amazed me. I agree that it was worth every penny, even though I will have to go without getting a gamecube for a bit longer. I was about to buy one today, but I got an email with a VIN in it today, so I should get mine soon, and all my toy money will probably be going into the car. Oh well, at least I have the machines at work to play with.....

Trending Topics

Old 09-24-2002, 04:28 AM
mav

Hey wassup Loki!

Looks like we have the same tastes in cars...
Old 09-24-2002, 05:14 AM
loki

hehehe mav, GMTA

zPilott, yup that's PCH... I know whatcha mean, I do that all the time with friends up in Marin.

I might be interested in taking your other deposit for the 350Z, are there any strings attached? (locked in options, color, msrp, finder fee, etc)

Cheers,
-loki
Old 09-24-2002, 06:34 AM
BrainStorm

You can drive my Spec-V and I'll drive your M3.
Old 09-24-2002, 06:46 AM
dvlad

mav, how did you get that pic of the Z in your sig? Did you get it from the JP website? I tried to save that pic from the JP website, but it wouldn't let me.

PM me on how you got it.

Thanks

dan
Old 09-24-2002, 09:44 AM
S2kRob

Originally posted by mav
Hey wassup Loki!

Looks like we have the same tastes in cars...
That makes 3 of us!

Loki, sat in a Z on the weekend, it's very nice indeed. The seats are the best I've sat, narrower than your M3, and more side bolstering than the S2000.

Shifter isn't quite at the top of the game in terms of precision, but the throws are short. Steering wheel is nice and chunky. Overall, it's a sweet car for the price.

I'd get one, if I were you.

Sorry to hear about your M3 troubles. I know a blown engine would make me sell the S2000 pretty damn quick.