2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My story

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004 | 05:07 AM
Zonda

Smile My story

Hello y'all!
This is my story.

I am leasing a 2002 Jetta 1.8T with sport-lux package. I've been satisfied with it so far. No major problems. The car's looks aren't too bad and for a daily commuter, performance is not bad at all. The engine hesitates at low rpm's due to turbo lag but in the highway is ok. Interior is nice although I have velour. The fastest I've taken it is 100 mph in the highway and it felt like I was really pushing it... perhaps because I never pass over 4,000 rpms in the city the ECU has adapted to my granny driving.

When the Z came out, a friend of a friend got one in 2003 and I remember looking at the car while thinking "gee... what an awesome car... too bad I will never be able to afford it" I was in grad school at the time.

My Jetta lease will expire in April 2005 and I've been thinking trading it for a Golf R32 later this year (VW has a lease pull ahead program this fall). Staying with VW means I won't have to pay the fee to return the car and most likely I will not pay any security deposit to get the R32, plus I get $500 off the R32's price due to VW has a "customer loyalty" incentive. I would lease it for 4 years.

I've never driven the R32 but I've followed tons of posts and reviews from www.vwvortex.com and it seems is not a bad car at all. Style is a bit old but interior and performance is good. The downfall is that it aint cheap pushing $30k with NO XENONS... that bothers me enormously!!

I've test driven a 350Z touring loaded to teeth about 4 months ago. I don't even remember what it felt... it all seems like a dream to me now. Yesterday I was coming out of my work building when I had a revelation... right there in front of me, parked in front of the building was a CS 350Z (performance or touring) w/tint... what an exuberant and voluptuous picture. I was literally drooling. It had Colorado plates which seemed kinda odd considering I live in beautiful Miami, FL but then I remembered is Spring Break.

Today thank God I have a job and affording a 350Z performance is very possible although I would really like to have a Silverstone Touring with burnt orange leather. I've been to numerous VW and Nissan dealerships in the last 6 months to see if I can get out of the lease early but they all treat me like the plague when I mention the lease expires on 04/05. So what can I do but wait patiently until January 05 to order it. I'm trying not to think too much about it but no matter what I do, I always happen to see a Z on the street and my heart literally stops a beat. It's like this car and I are meant for each other. The car that almost seemed too far away from me 2 years ago could become a reality next year.

Is true, too many things can happen in one year and so if I end up having one by this time in 2005, I will look back at today and say... anything is possible in this life!

Thanks for reading!
~Danny

PS
To the guy that calls himself "Diablo", why would you put those demonic graphics in your signature? By your posts, you seem to be a fine educated young man but every time I see the kiss dude and the demon I think "gee... that is not necessary".
Peace!

Last edited by Zonda; 03-12-2004 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-12-2004 | 05:47 AM
Benzo

I have been a VW enthusiast for the past 8 years. I work in the auto business and came across a great opportunity on a 03 on a Touring in Silverstone with burnt orange, navi, and 6400 miles... bought it for wholesale. I traded in my modded 98 GTI VR6 and I have not looked back. I liked the GTI, but it does not compare to the Z. The R32 is very nice, but pricey for the performance it delivers. Don't get me wrong I like VWs and probably will get another one but go for the Z this time around. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2004 | 09:22 AM
Zonda

Originally posted by Benzo
I have been a VW enthusiast for the past 8 years. I work in the auto business and came across a great opportunity on a 03 on a Touring in Silverstone with burnt orange, navi, and 6400 miles... bought it for wholesale. I traded in my modded 98 GTI VR6 and I have not looked back. I liked the GTI, but it does not compare to the Z. The R32 is very nice, but pricey for the performance it delivers. Don't get me wrong I like VWs and probably will get another one but go for the Z this time around. Good luck.
Thanks Benzo!
You got the Z I want.
I think I'm gonna get the PPW Performance next year. Like you, I will buy VW in the future but this time I'll get the Z. Is 2004 over yet?