Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z Got Smashed!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 02:51 PM
sundevil67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My Z Got Smashed!!

Well, it happened. On the way home from work yesterday some 81 year old bat in a Mercedes blew a red light and blindsided me. My Z is thrashed. Just put new rims on it. The thing is, I don't know if the insurance company will total it or not. It is going to be close. What I am scared to death of is that they fix it and it never quite drives the same. Anyone have a Z that has been resurrected from a bad accident?

AF
Old 03-12-2004, 03:08 PM
EL Diablo

Sorry man, If it's that bad hopefully they'll total it.

Post some pics so we can see.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:08 PM
babi350zgurl

Default Re: My Z Got Smashed!!

Originally posted by sundevil67
Well, it happened. On the way home from work yesterday some 81 year old bat in a Mercedes blew a red light and blindsided me. My Z is thrashed. Just put new rims on it. The thing is, I don't know if the insurance company will total it or not. It is going to be close. What I am scared to death of is that they fix it and it never quite drives the same. Anyone have a Z that has been resurrected from a bad accident?

AF
insurance will cover the warrantied factory components of the car. as far as the aftermarket parts, they are not responsible... good luck tho...

b a b i
Old 03-13-2004, 12:04 AM
xray2

Default Re: Re: My Z Got Smashed!!

Originally posted by babi350zgurl
insurance will cover the warrantied factory components of the car. as far as the aftermarket parts, they are not responsible... good luck tho...

b a b i
Your insurance company isn't, but the other driver's is once you sue.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:51 PM
sundevil67

Default My Poor Z

Well, here it is. What a friggin tragedy. I just hope I can replace her. Unfortunately Chrome Silver Enthusiasts seem to be hard to come by here in AZ. Watch out for blind 81 year olds running red lights.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sun...&.dnm=77fa.jpg
Old 03-24-2004, 08:25 PM
Z-INCOGNITO

Wow... i think that's the first Liquid Aluminum Injury?... From the looks of it... they might try n salvage it... hope not...

Good Luck!!! Hope they get u a new Z
Old 03-24-2004, 08:31 PM
350Zrunnin12s

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!......... omg so sad i wanna cry
Old 03-24-2004, 08:39 PM
shimz350z

try to get it totalled. YOUR Z will never be the same!~ i'm sorry one little thing off makes a big difference. I got rear ended in one my cars 5 yrs ago and it looks normal but it drives like sh@t!~
Old 03-24-2004, 08:49 PM
350ed
Professional

Default Re: Re: My Z Got Smashed!!

His insurance wouldn't be paying, the senior citizen's would be so everything would be covered. And you insurance will cover your mods if you go through them to cover the mods. If you add mods and don't tell them, well, you're screwed.

Originally posted by babi350zgurl

b a b i
Old 03-24-2004, 09:45 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 words.

lighter fluid.

that should get it totalled.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:54 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Holy moly! Virtually every panel... it doesn't look like it is going to be reasonably fixed... if so, it'll be just up to the very penny of the car's value IMO. Glad that you're okay, even with deployed air bags. Judging by the pics, it looks like you'll be feeling it in the morning...

Just looked above and saw the post origination was on 3/12. I gonna have to guess that you've already felt it. Keep us posted as to the insurance's determination.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:13 PM
ZISBAK

Man, that sucks!!!! That's like every Z owners nightmare!!
I've heard that most of the time, if the frames are bent to a point, they will considered the vehicle is totaled!! It looks like your rims is still intact? Did they got damage? Hopefully they will totaled it and get you a new Z!! Best luck to you!
Old 03-24-2004, 10:18 PM
sundevil67

Default My Z Got Smashed!!

Thankfully the woman's insurance company did decide it is a total loss - had me on pins and needles for a few days cause the first body shop wanted to fix it (I had it towed elsewhere) and they were denying responsibility. I had the cop go to her house to issue the citation and her defense was "I have been driving a long time so I don't cause accidents". I am faxing receipts for the aftermarket stuff to them tomorrow. If they don't pay me off for every cent it will take to make my new Z exactly like the old one, then I will be in court. What a pain in the ***, and my back hurts too I am really glad I didn't have to get it fixed though I guess because I had a feeling it would never be the same. Now if only I could find an honest car salesman to get a new one from. All they do is try and sell me what they have and not what I want. Thanks for all the sympathies - guess I won't be making that Z convention in LA in June.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:32 PM
MazingerZ

Dude, go see a doctor or chiropractor and get your medpay. Definitely get an attorney to get you a bigger settlement. Attorneys will not take any part of property damage and they will take a 1/3 cut of whatever settlement they get you. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:33 PM
ZISBAK

Hey, there! Glad to hear the good news!! I might be able to help out on your new Z, possibly get it for dealer cost. Pm me for detail!! did you damage your Volks?
Old 03-24-2004, 10:36 PM
sundevil67

Default my poor z

3 out of 4 of the rims looked ok, but it looks like I am going to give them to some lucky bastard at the salvage yard because I sold my stock ones and don't have anything to replace them with. I knew I should have listened when someone told me to hang on to those. I did have the guys at the body shop pull off my stillen exhaust though. I guess I just have to try and get paid for the rims so I can get new ones. As far as an attorney goes, I spoke to one but he didn't seem that hot on my case - he wasn't expecting me to get much of a settlement.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:38 PM
sundevil67

Default My Poor Z

ZISBAK, I can't PM you for some reason, my browser isn't letting me. I am interested though, sure. Let me know the details. Try to PM me and I will try and respond tomorrow from work where I can use IE. I am on a MAC using Firefox, so something might be screwy.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:03 AM
mgl

Default Re: my poor z

Originally posted by sundevil67
3 out of 4 of the rims looked ok, but it looks like I am going to give them to some lucky bastard at the salvage yard because I sold my stock ones and don't have anything to replace them with. I knew I should have listened when someone told me to hang on to those. I did have the guys at the body shop pull off my stillen exhaust though. I guess I just have to try and get paid for the rims so I can get new ones. As far as an attorney goes, I spoke to one but he didn't seem that hot on my case - he wasn't expecting me to get much of a settlement.

save ur rims!!! just go get some cheapy donut tires and stick them on and keep your rims. can you salvage any other parts..... grille, spoiler, emblems, pedals, etc. its ashame to see all those parts go to waste.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:45 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those pictures are hurting my eyes! If the lady's insurance is going to pay for all of your aftermarket stuff (at retail prices) and you get caught taking off the old parts, you might get into problems. If you do take off the rims, I'm sure you could sell them quickly to a lot of people (me included )
Old 03-25-2004, 07:49 AM
sundevil67

I just don't have the time to deal with it unfortunately, I've already missed a ton of work dealing with this crap. I have nothing to replace the rims with, otherwise I would. If they don't pay for new rims I will sue their ***.

Quick Reply: My Z Got Smashed!!