2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Maybe I should pass on my order.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 07:11 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hang in there...as others have said..the Bose problems will be fixed..look for parts at your dealer next month
Old 10-06-2002, 07:20 AM
RainmanZ

Default You Will Be Sorry

Forget the Bose . Take the car. It is truley a most excellent car. I would not buy the car for the stereo. If you want a great driving experience take the car. As said before , they will fix the Bose. If they don't then upgrade and enjoy.

I love my car... without exception.

Robert
Old 10-06-2002, 08:00 AM
Cazzz Z

Default I picked up a 10" Amplified Bazooka Tube

Thats what I did to satisfy me temporarily. Touring model I think is the Top of the line, that is even saying over the Track. I am not knocking the other models because having a 350Z is in a world by itself, but the goodies are what gets my goat. Power, leather seats with a toaster on them, 6 cd in dash changer, come on..

I would look at how much it will cost to hoook up a whole new system, to me I think that I would be out of at least $3-$4,000, then pay for aftermarket leather that U would manually have to move. I don't really see what the issue is..

Thats just my view, then again, maybe you wouldn't even notice the sound issue that someone else says, then maybe it would be handled by the time yours comes in.

Just my opinion..
Attached Thumbnails Maybe I should pass on my order.-bayarea350dsml.jpg  
Old 10-06-2002, 08:22 AM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW.... i don't have a Bose system.

I noticed immediately the audio was funky... the rears weren't loud at all.

I set the fader to rear, and i thought the trebel was blocked. It turns out the speakers sounded like that from the beginning.

It's like listening to a 11,050hz (telephone quality) recording.

Anyhow... is it possible to pop off that grille in the back speakers so that I can do a direct replacement?

I want to put in my 6.5" MB Quart ($100) to improve the mid-hi clarity and definitition.

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2002, 08:38 AM
mdouvris

Default speakers

DJ, forget about the rears..put the fader all the way to the front and put the MB's in the front. The rear is irrelevant. You want to have the sound in the front. Remember it is only stereo. Do that and you have a great advantage over stock. Also get a amp for those MB's..The sound will really blow you away. It will be much cleaner.
Old 10-06-2002, 08:41 AM
ToddLuc

Default Re: I picked up a 10" Amplified Bazooka Tube

Originally posted by Cazzz Z
Thats what I did to satisfy me temporarily. Touring model I think is the Top of the line, that is even saying over the Track. I am not knocking the other models because having a 350Z is in a world by itself, but the goodies are what gets my goat. Power, leather seats with a toaster on them, 6 cd in dash changer, come on..

I would look at how much it will cost to hoook up a whole new system, to me I think that I would be out of at least $3-$4,000, then pay for aftermarket leather that U would manually have to move. I don't really see what the issue is..

Thats just my view, then again, maybe you wouldn't even notice the sound issue that someone else says, then maybe it would be handled by the time yours comes in.

Just my opinion..
What he said.
Old 10-06-2002, 09:49 AM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: speakers

Good point... the rear speakers suck. I broke the pegs trying to pry off the grille. Turns out there's more to just removing the speakers... hafta remove alotta things. DAYMN NISSAN!

Fortunately... the grille snapped back in and hardly moves despite the two pegs (screwed from behind) that broke off.

Originally posted by mdouvris
DJ, forget about the rears..put the fader all the way to the front and put the MB's in the front. The rear is irrelevant. You want to have the sound in the front. Remember it is only stereo. Do that and you have a great advantage over stock. Also get a amp for those MB's..The sound will really blow you away. It will be much cleaner.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:04 AM
6kLaunch

Thanks for the chatter folks. I received my 350Z last Wedsnesday and love it!!!

The Sounds system sucks as expected. As others have posted, the volume wanders up and down, the base is too strong, drowning out the midrange and trebble. Other than that...... It's very cool........

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 10-06-2002, 05:35 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Congrats 6K !!! Glad to hear you picked up the car..remember..the Bose fix is on the way