Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just purchased Black Enth. from Glenddale Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 09:02 PM
jl350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased Black Enth. from Glenddale Nissan

Finally, I sold my eclipse and just bought my black enth from Glendale Nissan here in So Cal. It was like a full time job trying to get the best deal. I got such a good deal over invoice, the Glendale sales person didn't want me to tell the group my deal. If you are in So Cal, see Edwinn Lopez and he worked off Invoice versus MSRP. He did claim they needed to meet a qouta for the month and were behind. It may be BS, but I they still be the next best deal by $400.

Of all of the dealers I called, Douglas Nissan in Huntington beach was the greediest by far. They would only go $500 of MSRP. Just aheads up.

It was so awsome to drive off teh lot with 6 miles on the car. already up to 300 in 4 days and I have loved every mile. I can';t wait till the breakin period is over.

Now I'm ready to start saving for some mods.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:15 PM
boostle

Congrat's on the purchase man! My eclipse should be sold on 4/1 and i'm in the market for a White Enth.6spd. How much did you get the car for? $400 over invoice?
Old 03-22-2004, 10:35 PM
r.rivera

OK PEOPLE THIS IS MY DIRTY LIST OF THE WORST DEALERS AROUND LA. UNIVERSAL NISSAN IS THE WORST OF ALL NISSAN DEALERS THAT I VISITED, SECOND CERRITOS NISSAN, GLENDALE NISSAN, SUPERIOR NISSAN. I DO NOT THINK THAT YOU GOT THE BEST DEAL IF YOU PURCHASED YOUR 350Z WITH THEM. WHATEVER YOU DO STAY AWAY FROM THEM. GO TO SMALLER DEALERS.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:53 AM
jl350z

$500 and the car was on the lot for 1 day per the www.z.com website. It still had the white film on the top when I looked at the car initially. My problem was I had to get a 6 speed black enth and there were only 3 within a 250 mile search. Douglas in Huntington, ripofff at $500 off MSRP and Schairs in Long Beach. they would only go $800 off MSRP. Thousand Oaks was willing to pull the car from another dealer and sell it to me for $750 over invoice, but it would have been to much of a hassle and $500 over is a better deal. Unfortunately, I had to get black so I had to work the best deal with teh dealer that had teh car. I swear 90% of everyone's inventory was automatic.

I will admit that Glendale and Universal's showroom areas was very depressing and I thought I was in a zoo of highschool kids trying to sell cars. I worked the entire deal over the phone and then when I cam ein, I just had to fill out the paperwork.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:54 AM
jl350z

Just curious, where did you wind up buying and what kind of deal did you get? I think you listed just most ofthe dealers around my neck of teh woods as the worst list.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:00 AM
350Zrunnin12s

Originally posted by jl350z
$500 and the car was on the lot for 1 day per the www.z.com website. It still had the white film on the top when I looked at the car initially. My problem was I had to get a 6 speed black enth and there were only 3 within a 250 mile search. Douglas in Huntington, ripofff at $500 off MSRP and Schairs in Long Beach. they would only go $800 off MSRP. Thousand Oaks was willing to pull the car from another dealer and sell it to me for $750 over invoice, but it would have been to much of a hassle and $500 over is a better deal. Unfortunately, I had to get black so I had to work the best deal with teh dealer that had teh car. I swear 90% of everyone's inventory was automatic.

I will admit that Glendale and Universal's showroom areas was very depressing and I thought I was in a zoo of highschool kids trying to sell cars. I worked the entire deal over the phone and then when I cam ein, I just had to fill out the paperwork.
yup the dealer i went to, NISSAN WORLD in springfield NJ. Very nice people and a large inventory of 350z.. however, all but 1-2 were stick. Like 6 auto and 1 maybe 2 sticks.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:06 AM
Sly_Z

Originally posted by boostle
Congrat's on the purchase man! My eclipse should be sold on 4/1 and i'm in the market for a White Enth.6spd. How much did you get the car for? $400 over invoice?

What's up with you guys getting rid of your eclipses. I just bought a Pikes Peak track model, but I'm still not going to let go of
my Red 97 GSt. I love that car, unfortunately is down because of crankwalk for the second time. I'm going to put a 6bolt in instead.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:44 AM
boostle

Haha, my 98 has a complete 6bolt+dsmlink. I didn't get CW but a couple rod bearings got toasted and I wasn't about to rebuild it. My reason for selling it is to get a real, balanced, and new sports car. After driving my girlfriends z32tt around, I had to get a Z.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:30 AM
FairladyZ

Funny, in Tx 90% of the Z's are 6spd.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Sly_Z

Haha, my 98 has a complete 6bolt+dsmlink. I didn't get CW but a couple rod bearings got toasted and I wasn't about to rebuild it. My reason for selling it is to get a real, balanced, and new sports car. After driving my girlfriends z32tt around, I had to get a Z.
I have to admit I do enjoy driving the Z more. I'm holding on to the eclipse , because in the winter I'll need it because the z won't do good in the snow.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:06 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget us... We give Forum members $1000/$1200 off MSRP depending on model.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:27 AM
boostle

Originally posted by Jeff@Performance
Don't forget us... We give Forum members $1000/$1200 off MSRP depending on model.
How much over invoice can you get us?
Old 03-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not too sure, we go by the "off MSRP" thing at our store...
Old 03-24-2004, 10:39 PM
MazingerZ

Dude, Glendale Nissan is horrible. But if you had a good deal, then more power to you. I went there to look at cars when I was looking for my Z and every one of their cars had dings on them from parking too close to each other. But I must say, if anybody here bought their car from Universal Nissan -- my deepest condolences to you cause that dealership sux ***. They swap their parts and mix/match parts for some reason and each and everyone of their cars are from Canada (even though they dont tell you this)
Old 03-25-2004, 08:34 AM
akaa
Banned

all the 350 Z in houston were 6 speed and there were no automatic they sai d that they did not have that much demand so they only order the 6 speed.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:54 AM
jl350z

Originally posted by MazingerZ
Dude, Glendale Nissan is horrible. But if you had a good deal, then more power to you. I went there to look at cars when I was looking for my Z and every one of their cars had dings on them from parking too close to each other. But I must say, if anybody here bought their car from Universal Nissan -- my deepest condolences to you cause that dealership sux ***. They swap their parts and mix/match parts for some reason and each and everyone of their cars are from Canada (even though they dont tell you this)

Well, I would never had just stopped by Glendale dealership to browse and talk to someone. That place was ver depressing and I felt like I was at a 99 cents store or something. It was packed with salespeople and a bunch of cafeteria tables in the showroom. Very unprofessional looking. I was just looking for the best deal and they had it at $500 over invoice. To be honest, I don’t plan on going back their for any reasons. The car had literally came in the day before I bought it and had all of the white paper and was parked in their underground lot. No offense against Nissan Dealerships, but just about all of the ones I physically visited locally were very depressing, had tons of unknowledgeable sales people, and did not have a professional appearance at all. Definitely not what I would expect when buying a 30k car.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:58 AM
jl350z

Mine came out to $1,816 off MSRP.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:18 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by r.rivera
...WHATEVER YOU DO STAY AWAY FROM THEM. GO TO SMALLER DEALERS.
Well...I got a great deal/service from Performance Nissan, but I would say they are a pretty big Nissan dealer

Oh, and kill the CAPS please
Old 03-25-2004, 11:32 AM
bobowah

congrats on the new SB enthusiast.

cool another south bay/ long beach guy..

don't forget to come the meet next week.

-Jeff
Old 03-25-2004, 01:35 PM
peterhong

Yeah I hear what you're saying about the appearance of most Nissan dealerships. I used to own an Audi and most Audi dealerships are linked with Porsche dealerships so they were very professional in both appearance and service. However, with Nissan, I swear if you goto a Nissan dealership on the weekend, you have popcorn booths, snow cone machines, big speakers, barbeque pits and horses running around. But you gotta remember, most Nissan cars are economically priced and we are definitely the minority of Nissan customers who spent over $30000 for our cars.

On that note, I just visited Performance Nissan today in Duarte, and they had a very clean/professional looking dealership. They also stock a ton of Nismo parts which is a bonus.

Quick Reply: Just purchased Black Enth. from Glenddale Nissan