2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Subaru ad

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 01:54 PM
pittkid333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Subaru ad

Originally posted by 006Roadster
Ok, fine it'll beat a 350Z 0 to 60. But how does it handle? If you took that station wagon on the track it would get eaten alive by any real sports car. Plus look at it.....it's one of the ugliest cars on the road. I don't know about Subaru and the people who buy them they must be blind or belive that someone will acctually notice tha they blew 35K on an economy car? One last thing, you put a turbo on anthing with enough boost and it'll be fast, just try in on a Z.
Not trying to flame anyone, but subaru along with dodge are the car companies who brought back the good ol days...

I have a WRX wagon and it can no doubt keep up with my Z in the corners as well as the straights...As for the 35K econo box, you can get STi's all day long for invoice which is 28k...Dont get me wrong I love the Z more then the WRX, but subaru's whole line up of performance cars are top knotch...

Just commenting from a car enthusiast point of view

*awaits flaming that always occurs when I defend other cars*
Old 03-28-2004, 02:24 PM
ckny

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Re: Subaru ad

Originally posted by pittkid333
Not trying to flame anyone, but subaru along with dodge are the car companies who brought back the good ol days...
i concur
Old 03-28-2004, 04:21 PM
BeavisNuke

insecurity
Old 03-28-2004, 05:29 PM
Donald0730

That Forester XT 5mt is a pretty awesome car. It's a 2.5 liter boxer engine with a mitsubishi turbo and AWD. I wouldn't pick it over the 350Z but I would consider it over other small SUVs(rav4,crv,liberty,...). It's the best family car for the sports car enthusiast.....Besides that Porche Cayenne Turbo.

Subaru doesn't consider this car a station wagon. They call it an SUV. I think I'd rather get smoked by an SUV than a station wagon.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Peteman

Hey, they call it "Mighty." At least they show some respect.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:51 PM
stopgo

Originally posted by phile
I like the STi, but Subaru is queer. End of story.
Yeah. There's a reason that non-traditional couples refer to them as "Lesbarus".

Scott
Old 03-28-2004, 06:55 PM
jdemos

Most people buying that goofy thing (soccer moms) won't know how to launch it properly either.

Also looks like it smokes many other sports cars, S2, RX8, RSX-S etc. Why did they have to pick on the 350Z? Cause they know its currently the best selling sports car and they are jealous that the WRX hasn't sold for crap. Subaru = (S)o (U)gly (B)uyers (A)re (R)eally (U)ninterested!

Oh yeah

Try hollering at the honeys in that and see what happens

HAHAHAHA
Old 03-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Mrtemp

I like this version much better

Old 03-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Chicken

I'm sorry if you're a fan of this car (the Forester XT), however IMHO it is ugly, nearly Pontiac Aztek ugly. I love this web page by the way, if you've never seen it, and agree with every comment on it. In fact, I'm trying to recall *one* car made by Subaru that I've ever thought was attractive. They've never made a car I've ever wanted to buy.

I don't mean to flame (if anyone considers this flaming), it's just my personal opinon. If you like Subarus, that's fine, I personally don't get it... at all.

I knew someone who spent like 20,000 on mods for their Pinto. Engine mods. It looked just as ugly as any other Pinto, I think it was brown even, but it went very fast. I never understood why someone would put that much money into a Pinto.

Now, seeing that ad, I'm sure most of you have logged off and are heading to your local Subaru dealer to trade in your Z for a Subaru Forester, right? Anyone have regrets now about buying their Z? Wish you waited until this came out? Will stop and stare at a Forester when you see it for the first time? Anyone... anyone... Bueller?

*crickets*
Old 03-28-2004, 07:55 PM
phile

Chicken, That page truly is "the best page in the universe". Maddox is extremely entertaining. I love what he has to say.

Mrtemp, that pic you attached made me laugh so hard I started to cry! That was awesome!

Oh, and for anyone that has failed in pitting the Forester or any other Subaru against the Z, here's the argument. The Z encapsulates the sports car experience much better because it is RWD, 2-seater, distinct, sleek, beautiful, responsive, track worthy, driftable, dragable, and comfortable. Therefore, anything not like the Z should not be compared.

Yes many cars have many of these features. But do they have all of them? Very few. Keep in mind the idea of a sports car has changed, but I guess i'm taking a more traditional view.

*disclaimer*
comfort is relative to other sports cars
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
oh, and I win.

Last edited by phile; 03-28-2004 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Alang

If I was going to have a weekend drag car, this is exactly the kind of thing I would look for. Totally unexpected and has a lot of potential. I think it would be a hell of a lot more fun to pull a 12 run in a Forrester than to pull a 10 in a mustang (or other muscle car), just for the sheer uniquness of it.

Does anyone remember the guy that was doing low 12s in a 4cyl chrysler mini van. I mean if its a track car, then who really cares what it looks like. I personally would rather take the road less travelled and mod a forrester than just follow along with the same formula that every other muscle car uses. But I'm more into the building and tweeking than the actual outcome.

But for a daily driver, there is just no way. On the street, I do care what I drive, and want something that I think looks good, so there is absolutly no chance of me turning in my Z any time soon.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:04 PM
kovalf

Let's get that thing on a windy road and see how fast it is on its roof!
Old 03-29-2004, 02:51 PM
jimbrowski

That's B.S.
The Z runs the Same damn speed..
Check www.motortrend.com 0-60 5.30
Old 03-29-2004, 02:56 PM
krazeekev2004

Let's not make fun of any station wagons!!! Audi's RS4 makes a Porsche look slow....0-60 in 4.9 sec
Old 03-29-2004, 03:57 PM
2NthuZd

Default Re: Re: Re: Subaru ad

Originally posted by pittkid333

I have a WRX wagon and it can no doubt keep up with my Z in the corners as well as the straights...As for the 35K econo box, you can get STi's all day long for invoice which is 28k...Dont get me wrong I love the Z more then the WRX, but subaru's whole line up of performance cars are top knotch...

Just commenting from a car enthusiast point of view

*awaits flaming that always occurs when I defend other cars*
I'm with this guy. Subaru's are great cars, and believe me AWD isn't just for fast launches.

The real shame here is that someone here WOULD lose to the SUBARU

PS, its an SUV not a wagon
Old 03-29-2004, 04:30 PM
azjimbo

Yea and it is almost as good looking as the Z also!LMAO!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2004, 05:18 PM
006Roadster

Originally posted by jdemos
Most people buying that goofy thing (soccer moms) won't know how to launch it properly either.

Also looks like it smokes many other sports cars, S2, RX8, RSX-S etc. Why did they have to pick on the 350Z? Cause they know its currently the best selling sports car and they are jealous that the WRX hasn't sold for crap. Subaru = (S)o (U)gly (B)uyers (A)re (R)eally (U)ninterested!

Oh yeah

Try hollering at the honeys in that and see what happens

HAHAHAHA
Dude, that is so dead on!
Old 03-29-2004, 05:22 PM
006Roadster

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Subaru ad

Originally posted by 2NthuZd
I'm with this guy. Subaru's are great cars, and believe me AWD isn't just for fast launches.

The real shame here is that someone here WOULD lose to the SUBARU

PS, its an SUV not a wagon
Yeah...it's not wagon, and you look cool driving it too...
Old 03-29-2004, 05:50 PM
phile

the end of the add reads like this for me.

"0 - who gives a **** in a really ugly 5.3 seconds"
Old 03-29-2004, 05:50 PM
phile

doublepost

Quick Reply: Subaru ad