Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Burned an Audi S-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 11:10 AM
XeroDgrees

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by M3owner
I have driven american cars before, and I have driven Japanese and German cars. For some unexplained reason the Japanese and German cars simply FEEL BETTER to drive. I mean its not the power thing, cause the mustang that I drove had a lot of torque, and it pushed me back against my seat, but I felt disconnected to it. Same thing goes for the camaro Z28. When I drive I want to feel that the car is an extension of myself, this feeling is more closely achieved by german and japanese automakers IMHO.
Couldn't have said it better myself...

It's all about the driving experience and the feel of the car.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Lance

Originally posted by Iceman3K15
I mean look at Supra TT's, stock they run 14.0's. I have seen VR4's run 13.5's to 14.2's stock depending on the driver. .
Not to be nitpicky (because it really doesn't matter), but the Supra TT runs 13.4-13.7 quarters stock. You'd have to be a pretty lousy driver to hit 14s.

Lance
Old 09-26-2002, 11:24 AM
br0wneye

Well since people are bashing American cars which I can understand, the interiors are usually inferior and the finish quality is not the same. In the majority of cases though bashing American performance engines just doesn't make sense to me. Yes the American manufacturers are still stuck in the past, but they put out some pretty impressive numbers. Also I remember reading that stock the TT supras and vr4's were not that much but it was the potential that was there. All I have to say is Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, supercharged for 5k on top of your cost of vette nets 490 HP. Pretty impressive. I also believe their 427 ci TT vette won the car and driver tuner challenge. BTW the new Z rules, waiting for TT.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:38 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ezchief
That's the one. Moved in in March....got the Z on 8-29. The only Z I have seen is on Spur 133 going on Preston. Tuesday night and I think it was Silver. We passed each other in opposite directions and gave the look. It was so cool. If he is out their, drop a thread or post a reply.
What color? I'll be on the look out for you.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:45 PM
fr0ng

German > Japanese > American
Old 09-26-2002, 08:44 PM
THrussT

Ok smart guy, first of all. I don't care if its the intended platform or not. The fact is, on a Trans Am (non ram air) the LS1 5.7 V8 is only putting out 305hp PERIOD
You are misinformed. My '00 Camaro SS (as many other 5.7's)
dyno'd ABOVE 305 hp. It's not uncommon for General Motors to understate actual hp #'s. Anyone recall the Buick GNX?

Here's the REAL facts, most LS1 F-bodies (M6) are putting down between 300-310hp at the wheels which translates to about 350-360hp at the crank. Those numbers will slightly flucuate with the SS and RAM AIR packages but on the rollers, those upgrades really don't show themselves as they would at speed on the highway, so there isn't a whole lot of difference between the 5.7 variants. Certainly nowhere near your stated "305hp PERIOD" remark. I'll assume you're not an LS1 owner, so your statement was probably culled from the usual magazine or brochure info sheets which continue to state GM's published figures. My brother's '87 Buick Grand National is another example. It dyno'd ABOVE GM's stated crank figure. All to save the Vette's reputation as being the general's king of the hill.

Last edited by THrussT; 09-26-2002 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:01 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

people on this site that make fun of the "wagon" of the S4 or RS4, get ready to get laughed at. you are setting your selves up to look real stupid right here in front of the whole world to see.

The STOCK s4 (avant or sedan) does a 5.4-5.6 (do those numbers sound familiar???) BUT for $500 a little tiny chip gets that way below 5.0. You would never know how fast one of those cars are until you got in one. I would just hate for a fellow Z guy to get eaten up by a lowly station wagon (jokes on you).

btw, pop off valves don't come on S4s and they actually lose HP when tried to be applied to this application.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:34 AM
LA-Z

Cool, well regardless I SPANKED IT, it was stock, no chip, and the turbos were NICE and LOUD.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:06 AM
Michael-Dallas

Vette's would stay king of the hill, even if the HP numbers are close. They are almost 300 pounds lighter, have IRS instead of a solid rear end, and a better intake. Ok, so the Trans Am makes 350hp to the crank. That makes it even worse that it can only just hang with the M3.
Apparently, you've never seen an f-body w/ the factory 1LE package on a roadcourse w/ a good driver.

I dare you to post in the Texas forum on ls1.com and remotely imply that f-bodies can't turn. I guarantee you that the moderator will call you out on a roadcourse. A few of those guys showed up at the Z Club of Texas' DE at Hallet Racing Circuit. It was their first time on that particular track and after the first couple of sessions, most of them were bumped from green group (newbie group) to red group (instructor group).

It's true f-bodies are best at drag racing, but they can also be effective corner carvers.

All that said, f-bodies aren't my cup-to-tea, but I'm not gonna say anything bad about them.

Michael.

Quick Reply: Burned an Audi S-4